DevBlog

Combat Tweaks

Tweaked? What the hell does that mean?

Revert all of this COMPLETELY.

• Like 8

Revert all of this COMPLETELY.

Hear hear!

We arn't asking it to be tweaked! everyone hates this stupid freaking  change!  

• Like 1

I don't think the devs understand that people don't see the changes as positive even if they work properly...

• Like 6

wish theyd reverse that moronic armor/archery nerf as well another nerf that no one asked for and was poorly implemented given there are no alternatives viable in pvp other than plate, drake or scale atm , and on Epic no one wears drake or scale

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 4

It probably means that whatever you thought you knew might not be true anymore.

I don't think the devs understand that people don't see the changes if no one tells them what they are...

Fixed it for ya.

• Like 5

Nice to see Wurm still has those ninja Friday updates before the staff go home for the weekend...  :P

Nice to see Wurm still has those ninja Friday updates before the staff go home for the weekend...  :P

Well, if it's related to yesterday's update one can only hope it's so that they can go home for the weekend....

wish theyd reverse that moronic armor/archery nerf as well another nerf that no one asked for and was poorly implemented given there are no alternatives viable in pvp other than plate, drake or scale atm , and on Epic no one wears drake or scale

Heh ya, and this is comeing from someone who walks around in his tin can suit getting shot at by Gavin.   I mean do these guys actually watch any of the PvP videos, and take note of what 75% of of the fighters wear on Chaos?

To be fair I think that change was done with the promise of newer armor types, but they never got implemented so we are stuck with that stupid nerf, that no one wants.    

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

Revert =/= tweak

Hey, remember the archery nerf? Armor nerf? Animal ratio? All the other crap that literally no one asked for or wanted, suggested was flat out removed, and is still here? Remember the patch notes that gave us no idea of what these did, then the features still worked differently from what little information was given? 

As a customer, I continue to be disappointed with these results.

We understand the mechanics are meant to be kept secret but the base mechanics are already secret. Please provide numbers and percentages of your tweaks so we can understand how much different it is to the original. We will still never understand the specific amount but we can get a good idea how how much its changed.....

Chickens are still dodging everything.

Gotta love ambiguous tweaks that don't actually fix the issues.

• Like 2

I wonder if Rolf get's tired of his ideas being tossed by his paying customers and just puts out updates like this just to annoy us.

Come on Rolf, we who have stuck with you for years deserve better than crappy, cryptic updates like this.  Why post an update if this is all you are going to say?

• Like 2

okay uh whatever you do just make sure that shield bashing doesn't go up slower than it already does.  i've noticed that it doesn't go up unless the mob sprawls and it is already a very slow skill to get up.

• Like 1

Rolf seems to actually be using the test server now, chickens don't seem to be able to dodge anymore and peasants went from a dodgemod of .09 to 1.09 and rarely dodge

Horses seem to be dodging a lot though.

Edited by Kagrenac

"Hey guys, we're not going to concede that we reverted those changes. That would be admitting defeat! We...tweaked them. Now you don't even know what is different so you can't complain!"

• Like 13

Devs: the changes have been changed...what more do you want!

Wurm community: REVERT!

Devs: wut....and waste all of 5 minutes of my time changing a few figures around? Never!  :P

I wonder if Rolf get's tired of his ideas being tossed by his paying customers and just puts out updates like this just to annoy us.

Come on Rolf, we who have stuck with you for years deserve better than crappy, cryptic updates like this.  Why post an update if this is all you are going to say?

All the while seeding doubt into the minds of those who are deedless and unsubscribed on the sidelines, considering a return to Wurm, then reconsidering every time one of these happens.

Here's one for you Rolf.. guessing you own a car.. if not replace "car" for... dunno.. "fridge", everyone has one.

You take your car to the shop because it has a scraping sound in the engine you know isn't normal.... few days later you go get your car, when you're handed the bill, it just has the garage's logo, the date, and:

"Fixed some stuff -------------------------------- 300 euros".

When you look, the only thing visibly noticeable is that your car radio is no longer a Kenwood but a "Malaysia Electronics" that only plays AM stations.   

Well, that's the feeling we get when sending you our money (or in my case, stopping myself dead in my tracks from sending you my money again).

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 4

All the while seeding doubt into the minds of those who are deedless and unsubscribed on the sidelines, considering a return to Wurm, then reconsidering every time one of these happens.

Here's one for you Rolf.. guessing you own a car.. if not replace "car" for... dunno.. "fridge", everyone has one.

You take your car to the shop because it has a scraping sound in the engine you know isn't normal.... few days later you go get your car, when you're handed the bill, it just has the garage's logo, the date, and:

"Fixed some stuff -------------------------------- 300 euros".

When you look, the only thing visibly noticeable is that your car radio is no longer a Kenwood but a "Malaysia Electronics" that only plays AM stations.   

Well, that's the feeling we get when sending you our money (or in my case, stopping myself dead in my tracks from sending you my money again).

There are many days which I sincerly wish I played on Freedom and had the inclination to pay for my sub with silver, because It often feels like my IQ has actually dropped a few points every time I try to figure out the patch notes. This is likely due to the fact I have to think like a half-braindead loon to do so.

I always feel like paying rolf for my sub has nothing to do with actually supporting a game I'd like to play.   

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this