Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 4

our guard towers yes....  i just wonder how they can be made so close each to another...

Johan used his magic dev powers on the test server  :P

Minor memory optimizations in some areas that will reduce the allocation rate over all. Still not solved the leak issue, but it might be possible to play a little while longer without it causing problems.

We are still looking for more things to fix, so hopefully there will be more to come.

And I'm glad that it seems to be helping someone  :)

Seems to be the opposite for me, overal game performance generally is fine, but the memory leak seems worse.  It hits sooner, and harder.  (I've got wurm set to use up to 3gb)

Well can't really say what would account for that, since the changes that are out is just a reduction in the number of throw away vectors created when calculating the ground normals. And a lot fewer mapping strings created for houses, some minor loop optimizations that might be pointless on some machines. 

That's pretty much the gist of what is currently out, a few minor things more that I can't quite recall what they did, but most things are only really doing any difference depending on where you happen to be. 

We worked a bit yesterday on some minor things for tile decorations (grass, ferns and stuff) while looking for the actual leak.

We worked a bit yesterday on some minor things for tile decorations (grass, ferns and stuff) while looking for the actual leak.

I am sure you guys have your own way, but if you need actual live-testing environments, you are always welcome to hang out in our settlement! Our area seems to be notorious for the leak, being online for a while even without moving would cause the client to freeze every few seconds with 100% cpu until it gets so bad the screen becomes white and you have to close the client. Also moving from far away towards our area seems to hit the leak the moment you come near us. Just putting a random character afk and come back later on should give some nice testing results ;)

I can even keep a pen separate for you. Daily meals and multiple grooming sessions a day! ;)

• Like 1

We actually do fly around on the live servers from time to time to gather data, but some things are easier on my local server, spawning 10k critters in a small area and stuff like that.

You seem to have the same hobby as Cerber, last time I visited his deed he fenced me in with the animals while I was afk.

• Like 4

We actually do fly around on the live servers from time to time to gather data, but some things are easier on my local server, spawning 10k critters in a small area and stuff like that.

You seem to have the same hobby as Cerber, last time I visited his deed he fenced me in with the animals while I was afk.

i smell a public slaying

• Like 1