Sign in to follow this  
Sofetios

The Traveler's Transport. A free cross-server water taxi/bus service!

The Traveler’s Transport
Taking you where you need to be, for free.

Hello! I am Sofetios. I am running a free water taxi/bus service to people who need to get places. This will be done on my knarr, named “Traveler’s Transportâ€. This is a cross-server service, so I will be traveling between all non-pvp servers. I will be talking in GL Freedom and Freedom chat describing where I am, most likely by quadrant of the map I am in. So if you need a lift, just send a pm or a message in Freedom if I am in the area.

A few things you should know:
1. I will not go through canals, too much pushing/pulling.
2. When we are 3 minutes or less away from a server cross, you must not be AFK. This is because when people cross servers on boats, usually they get disembarked.
3. Tips are welcome, but absolutely not required. It can be in coins or items.
4. Where you want me to pick you up and drop you off must be accessible by the outside ocean. Not in a lake or something closed off.
5. I will be picking up and dropping off people along the way if there are people to be picked up.
6. This is not a cargo ship, you are responsible for yourself and your belongings.

Now, you may be asking why I am doing this. There are a few reasons amongst others. Some of them are:
1. To help new players get where they are going
2. I am usually pretty bored
3. To just generally help out people by taking them places when they have no means of transportation.

I can be hired to do private transportation. Though this will cost based on how far away the place you are going is, if you need me to wait for you to get a ride back home, and other variables. Thank you, and I hope to serve you soon!

• Like 6

Thank you Sofetios,

I will keep your name handy, and link this post to any new players I see asking how to cross our oceans.

We have set sail for the first time! If you need a ride, PM Sofetios! We are currently on Xanadu headed to Release!

Capitalism is wary of 'free things'... but I tip my hat to you aswell good sir. And may you find the views of Wurm to be to your liking!

I was thinking of doing something very similar a while back but would never have the time, so glad to see someone taking up the challenge. What a lovely human  :)

I need to check if my old belongings are still around (i.e. not decayed/looted over the past 6 months), but I may need a ride for two returning characters from Release to Glasshollow, Xanadu.  On Release, I'm currently at the old ruins of Wyvern Academy, but I can head over to the ocean side of the short canal to the north of there if need be.  

My old boat seems to be in serviceable condition, so I might not need the ride after all.  (Not sure if it'll be over 10 QL once I do service it though.)

i would like to get a trip back to indi, if that isnt too far off for you