Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Dodging is now easier when you weight less and have less body fat

sooooo with more fat/food you have more stamina and with less fat you dodge more.. how much more? are we now supposed to go starving on purpose to get a better dodge chance and eat horrible food that only fills but adds no fat?

.........................................-.-' 

Yeah, looks like I am fasting for several days before doing any fighting....  That makes total sense to me   :wacko:

Get rid of the Body Fat equation and just let it be based on weight carried.

Edited by Eyesgood

[10:44:49] Mature deer swiftly dodges your shield.

[10:45:32] Venerable pig swiftly dodges your shield.

[10:44:25] Mature deer swiftly dodges your shield.

[10:44:00] Old black wolf swiftly dodges your shield.

[10:43:19] Aged deer swiftly dodges your shield.

[10:42:59] Aged deer swiftly dodges your shield.

[10:42:39] Adolescent deer swiftly dodges your shield.

[10:42:16] Aged fat deer swiftly dodges your shield.

42 body control 47 shield bashing

good job ralph, team

Edited by moooose
  • Like 3

Malnutrition leads to more energy and faster dodging reflexes in this universe. 

Buy my dishwater. 

• Like 4

wow this sucks...no point trying to shieldbash anything now i guess...fun that i just got it up to almost 50 and cant seem to hit anything. All the grinding for nothing...cheers :P

• Like 1

This is not a fix for Shield Bashing this is a joke. N1 rolf something else u wrecked thx.

btw u just killed pvp even more

Edited by Erinyesthegreat

revert :ph34r:

^^ this - also made archery even more random, gg Ralph, made archery even more useless by the sound of it, another change that needs to be reverted with the armor archery nerf as well :/

• Like 1

Can someone post any numbers and proof or anything like this...? Its just some random bashing on the system but i dont see anywhere how and why lts bad

There are a couple threads on it so far. A chicken and rooster engaged in mortal comba... err dodging. Not being able to hit a lion or a wolf or a chicken.

Pretty much impossible to tell what the shieldbashing change did when the dodging change messed everything else up so much.

But the whole bodyfat thing makes no sense and simply will force people to micromanage food (and make it suck to be bl).

Fast till you cant anymore, then you can eat, but only to 84% or so if you want to keep your low fat layers.

Edited by Kagrenac

Was this on the test server first?

There is a lot to be said for a structured test -> release program

As for dodging.... Ice Pillar FTW!

• Like 1

The concept has always been that body fat has been a positive attribute to have within Wurm, only being depleted through lack of eating. Even in crafting there is a bonus for high nutrition over 70, which would naturally be increasing body fat. This in no way equates to out in that other land where our bodies dwell accumulating it while sitting in various comfy (or maybe not so) chairs and then considered to be detrimental. RL and Wurm don't mix many times in comparisons and this change seems to reflect one of them.

=Ayes=

True, Ayes, but most Wurmians (our characters) are toiling around the clock. I have blacksmithed through cycles of day and night with no sleep. I should look like Conan, not Peter Griffin.

• Like 3

Just demo'd a bear in about half the time it usually takes, every attack hit. This may make hunting easier still

True, Ayes, but most Wurmians (our characters) are toiling around the clock. I have blacksmithed through cycles of day and night with no sleep. I should look like Conan, not Peter Griffin.

This being so the whole concept of body fat would have to be reworked and instead something like muscle mass need to be substituted and worked into it. Just a lot of unnecessary complicated further adjusting and balancing of effects. As is things work well enough and this recent "thin" requirement is the fly in the ointment that needs to be removed.

=Ayes=

So you're supposed to do it Game of Thrones style and give people a meal before you kill them?

Kind of seems like Rolf wanted to see people go for one end or the other of the spectrum depending on whether they wanted to skill or fight. I guess it kind of falls in line with skillers being followers of Vynora and fighters being followers of Mag (at least, I think that's how it is ^^;). That being said, sounds kind of like google plus- creators thought it was a cool idea, but they might've been the only ones o.o