Sign in to follow this  
Bachus

Forum cut and paste

I hope I am posting this in the right place I was away from Wurm for a while and now although I can post on the forum I cannot Quote, link, add image, or cut and paste onto my entries.

Whenever I try to add an Image it literally locks up until I refresh the page.

Firefox and Windows 8.1? Mine has been totally wonky since I went from 7 to 8.1. Just wondering if yours is the same combination.

When I right click in this box, I do not get a copy, paste, cut, etc. I get stuff... Like translate, forward, back, refresh.

Under Reply - More Options - there is a little icon in the very top left, I forget what it is called but it allows you to copy-paste again. 

There is some other threads that explain it better, I will try to link some here.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/110577-forums-copy-paste/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/107908-copypaste-help/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/93027-internet-explorer-not-allowing-pasting-in-forum-repliespost/

(I am not sure this is the same issue as I don;t recall "images" being one of the issuesm though I guessit also involves Pasting)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Firefox and Windows 8.1? Mine has been totally wonky since I went from 7 to 8.1. Just wondering if yours is the same combination.

When I right click in this box, I do not get a copy, paste, cut, etc. I get stuff... Like translate, forward, back, refresh.

Thanks Guys looks like Internet Explorer was the problem it is working with Firefox updated.  :)

Sorry to say now Firefox is comepletely broken when I try to log into forums it does nothing.  The page blinks and does not log me in so I am back to using IE with no ability to post Pics or copy text. ;(

"You can actually paste, but you have to click a few times on the first line of the post. If you click lower in the window it's not going to work."

Well a temporary solution at least :)

I can confirm its with IE or the latest version thereof.

Dont see this with Chrome-based browsers.

I can confirm its with IE or the latest version thereof.

Dont see this with Chrome-based browsers.

Never really liked chrome before but I will give it another chance since it seems to be working and the main Wurm page doesn't jump around with it either.

Chrome can be fairly lightweight on the resources too.

Assuming one keeps down on the plugins and extensions anyways. Not to mention some of the background services Chrome browsers have running to speed launch.

EDIT: Also there's several versions based off of Chrome. Comodo Security for example has their Comodo Dragon browser.

Edited by Klaa