Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Revert / Fix Yoyos

Yoyos used to take only .1kg of a shaft to create (about 2 years ago), but now they use a full shaft.

For the amount of time, effort, and amount of different skills needed to create a decent quality Yoyo, eating up a full 1kg shaft for creation simply isn't necessary.

Let's go over the four double-favour items:

Libila - Easiest

90 Farming > 90QL Produce, Skill = QL

Magranon - Easy

90 Mining + 90 Locksmithing > Door Locks, ~75QL Average / 100 (requires 60kg of Iron per 100)

Fo - Average

90 Cloth Tailoring + 90 Farming > 1kg Cotton turned into .2kg Strings turned into .3kg Squares, ~70QL Average / 100 (requires 30kg Cotton per 100)

Vynora - Hardest

90 Toy Making + 90 Cloth Tailoring + 90 Woodcutting + 90 Carpentry + 90 Farming > Felled Trees cut to Logs turned into Shafts + Cotton turned into Strings, Combined into Yoyos, ~65QL Average / 100 (requires 200kg Log [2 trees] + 10kg Cotton per 100)

Cordage - Hard

Cordage requires extremely high ropemaking and a good ropetool for even 90%. I believe that's fair simply because it can be used as a "double-favour" item for all priests. (requires 65kg+ Wemp)

Now, looking at the above items, it's painfully obvious how much harder Vynora has it compared to the other three Gods when it comes to sacrificing for favour. There is so much skill-grinding needed to make favour for Vynora. The material cost is huge compared to the others, too.

One could argue it's because Vynora has such good casting spells, but to be fair, Fo can easily make the most money in the long run with LT, and Magranon can have a steady income with Strongwall casting 50c-1s per tile (like what, 5 doorlocks per cast?). Libila doesn't really count as she doesn't exist on Freedom.

So my suggestion is to either lower the required shaft weight to .1kg per Yoyo, or completely rework how Yoyos are made. Perhaps just a string on log, and it takes out .1kg of log instead of having to make shafts.

Opinions?

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 11

I got a friend training those skills too, so biased +1 from me :P

Revert even further back and let us get mind speed again for using them :P

• Like 4

Revert even further back and let us get mind speed again for using them :P

Yes! :D

My vyn loves eating cordage, but I cant produce it myself. Due to the bsb fix, the prices of cordage have gone up and most sellers retired due to it.

A decent different favor item for vyn would be nice, not one that requires 5 skills (you forgot 90 farming for the cotton)

• Like 1

Yoyos are fine to me for Vyn's item.  +1 to fixing shafts, or even just making them use 0.1kg log as suggested

• Like 3

+1

The logic here is good and I almost feel sorry for vyn priests, almost.

I would disagree that Fo's have the better income in the long run though since it takes 2 of us to cast LT, so you either have to run 2 priests or split the profit :P

• Like 2

If the reason that Vynora's favor item is so difficult to make is because her spells are so much better, perhaps that needs looking into instead of simply making Vynora's favour item suck to create :P

Hell I would be happy with just being able to use a yoyo while sailing.

• Like 2

I think to put it more on par with Fo and Mag, an all wood item, just using Woodcutting and Carp skills, or if sticking with yoyo, then make the CT/farming a non issue, as in the string doesn't effect the QL of yoyo.  However....

As far as Fo's making bank... How many weapons do you see with just LT? Fo is always splitting the deal with a Vyn, except for some few random mailboxes and horses to fix.

Mags making bank? Bah. They have to show up at a job site. Great for crowded servers, which there are none.

Vyn is the cash king by far. You don't need a high crafter to supply good tools either, since there is such a strong market for low QL skillers.  yoyos may need to be even more complex and then make all other items sac for 50% of what it does now.  Assuming you are looking for any kind of financial balance.

But then again, Doctors and janitors generally don't make the same pay. So I suppose you just need to choose what profession you want.

It is late and I am rambling...

Papyrus would be the most fitting favor item for the goddess of knowledge and water.

It is silly that yoyos eat the entire shaft, though.

One thing to note, which everyone here seems to forget, is the get price of cordage vs squares, yoyos and locks.  It is my (limited) understanding that the favor you get for sacrificing an item is directly related to the get price.

60 QL cordage rope is about 19.5 copper.  60 ql yoyo is worth about 2.5 copper.  Cordage does not equal yoyo favor, not even for a vyn priest.

+1 This is well reported and things definitely need evening out.  Unless, ofc, the devs can justify the differences...

torches give double favor too for vynora just saying >.> all they require is decent wc carp and digging (shaft tar moss)

but ya revert the chances back to where they give mind speed again as seriously right now yoyo's are a pain to make plus useless except for saccing :/ atleast the 3 other gods have useful items that give double favor bonus

torches give double favor too for vynora just saying >.> all they require is decent wc carp and digging (shaft tar moss)

but ya revert the chances back to where they give mind speed again as seriously right now yoyo's are a pain to make plus useless except for saccing :/ atleast the 3 other gods have useful items that give double favor bonus

moss is gardening and they require firemaking 

+1 a viable vyn favor source would be nice

+1 bring back yoyo mindspeed, I want to travel the world seeing people staring at yoyos all day long

Vyn cant make the torches, which is why I never understood Lib getting farm produce instead of door locks which would make more sense considering their capabilities. I don't really mind the work involved in yoyos but considering how tasking it is the shafts really need to be brought into line

+1

At the very least, if they aren't changed from using up the entire shaft on creation, stop the production of miniscule, inventory-clogging amounts of woodscrap just from creating a yoyo. You can combine masses of string to limit the impact on inventory capacity, but having to fit a whole bunch of shafts AND juggle the resulting yoyos and wood scrap, bleh! It's a small thing to whine about, but if you're sat making a few thousand of the buggers, that wood scrap just seems cruel.

• Like 1

Just because chopped veg can be used now, doesn't mean that yoyos don't need love!

Either lower their difficulty, lower the mats it takes (a whole shaft... really?)... or something else. Higher get price perhaps?

14 minutes ago, Kelody said:

This thread is over 2 years old.

Can't please everyone. Start a new topic and it's "There are already threads on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!" Bump a thread and it's "This is too oooolllllllddd!"  :rolleyes:

Derailing aside, the initial post still has relevance. Not everyone enjoys farming. Yoyos et al. don't have to be as easy as chopped vegetables, but putting them more in line with the  recent favour changes would be nice.

Yo-yo's require string, which comes from cotton, which requires farming. Since you have farming already for yo-yos, chopped veggies are just simpler. For Fo, cloth needs string which needs cotton, still need farming. For Mag you need mining, so they can skip farming.

Fixing yo-yo's requirements back to original for people that want to play with yo-yos is a great idea. This thread was specifically about yo-yo favor comparison, which was lacking the major factor of get-price/favor per item for the comparable items. This was the major reason chopped veggies were added, to level the ball field. If you are expecting devs to go back to yo-yo vs lock favor balancing, I doubt that's in their roadmap. The homogenized chopped veggies are here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future.

29 minutes ago, Kelody said:

Yo-yo's require string, which comes from cotton, which requires farming. Since you have farming already for yo-yos, chopped veggies are just simpler. For Fo, cloth needs string which needs cotton, still need farming. For Mag you need mining, so they can skip farming.

Fixing yo-yo's requirements back to original for people that want to play with yo-yos is a great idea. This thread was specifically about yo-yo favor comparison, which was lacking the major factor of get-price/favor per item for the comparable items. This was the major reason chopped veggies were added, to level the ball field. If you are expecting devs to go back to yo-yo vs lock favor balancing, I doubt that's in their roadmap. The homogenized chopped veggies are here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future.

Eh? Who said anything about getting rid of chopped veggies?

"This was the major reason chopped veggies were added,"

I don't think that's right...

Have you ever actually made yoyos for favor?

You don't need high quality cotton to get high quality yoyos.

From Wurmpedia:

"Maximum quality (QL) is capped by the quality of the shaft used. On failure, the shaft's quality is reduced."

I've tried both high and low quality string and notice no significant difference with decent TM skill. I've made tens of thousands.

"Fixing yo-yo's requirements back to original for people that want to play with yo-yos is a great idea."

Good to see we agree on fixing them though. :)