Sign in to follow this  
Dame

A new low hedge, as replacement of the lavender ones

Yes, the new look of the lavender plantations is very pretty, but the downside to them is that there is no alternative to them if you want to plant simple looking low level hedges that need no pruning.

In moderation the new lavender looks nice enough, but with deed designs like mine, where there are a lot of low hedges, (think 2000 hedges) the new lavender model makes everything look very messy.

The aim of my deed is to make it look like an old fashioned French park, with low buxus type hedges and statues. The old hedges were perfect for that, they looked like small green walls. The new lavender model is simply too dominant visually.

I certainly don't want the new lavender removed, but can we please have both options?

The new model and the old model?

For instance by clipping the lavender ones with scissors, the way you create a lawn. Or by having a new hedge type called buxus?

• Like 11

Agree.

I also have lavenders previously planted as hedges, a lot of work finding all those sprouts. Now, it is not the look I had desired for the architecture of my deed.

Thank you for considering the option.

For instance by clipping the lavender ones with scissors, the way you create a lawn. Or by having a new hedge type called buxus?

+1 

+1 for just pruning the lavenders to turn them into old style hedges, please do not make it so we have to destroy them all and replant into new plant type of hedge. Edit: And once pruned, they remain the old style they don't grow and flower again into new style.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

Yes, as Fairyshine said; a hedge that doesn't need pruning afterwards, otherwise you have the same problem as with medium height hedges: terrible maintenance work.

And my preference would be also that the lavender can be clipped to the old model; it took me a lot of time to get the amount of hedges I have now.

As Long as I have an option for boxwood style hedges, I dont care how its done. +1 to any idea that allows for options.

Hey Wox, surely wherever you guys get the hedge assets they have something along the lines of this available - Hedge Pack

Would be nice to have different sets, flowering, non flowering evergreen, ect ect ect. Then we could do a consistent look across the deed.

And just looking at the price, its only $10.00.(For Unity)  So if the place you get them has one and its maybe a bit more expensive, like say 100 or so. Ill spot you the cash for it :)

Edited by sunsvortex

Something I have always wanted is...

Being able to change a hedge type by using a sprout on it.  Only works when the hedge is at minimum growth.

This would solve the problem if we then added in a new kind of sprout for the old hedge styles.  I quite like the new lavender hedges, they REALLY do wonders for my forest!

As an aside, would it not be lovely if hedges also could be harvested?  :P

Something I have always wanted is...

Being able to change a hedge type by using a sprout on it.  Only works when the hedge is at minimum growth.

This would solve the problem if we then added in a new kind of sprout for the old hedge styles.  I quite like the new lavender hedges, they REALLY do wonders for my forest!

As an aside, would it not be lovely if hedges also could be harvested?  :P

This, with *new* buxus sprouts or seedlings.

And then of course buxus topiaries in flowerpots.. I see the pretty spiral and heart shaped decorative bushes already :wub:

Ooo, and with one topiary in the shape of a dragon head or a snake or snail or even donkey, another in the form of the semi circle you showed us and another in the shape of just a spike, we can make dragons in our gardens:  See here?  Front one is head of animal, then however many half circle ones you want for the body, then the tail bit....5220566252_f5f3ce9c9e.jpg

I posted in your other thread that maybe they can make a deal like the stone house walls. Use a pruning item, sickle or something, as a tool to convert them between the old ones and the new ones.

• Like 1

Yes, the new look of the lavender plantations is very pretty, but the downside to them is that there is no alternative to them if you want to plant simple looking low level hedges that need no pruning.

In moderation the new lavender looks nice enough, but with deed designs like mine, where there are a lot of low hedges, (think 2000 hedges) the new lavender model makes everything look very messy.

The aim of my deed is to make it look like an old fashioned French park, with low buxus type hedges and statues. The old hedges were perfect for that, they looked like small green walls. The new lavender model is simply too dominant visually.

I certainly don't want the new lavender removed, but can we please have both options?

The new model and the old model?

Big +1

Yes please! 

+1000 to this suggestion.

As nice as the new lavender plantation looks, it doesn't go with all designs of deeds. I really miss my old low hedges because the new model just doesn't work aesthetically with my deed. An option to choose between the old model and the new model would really be great! I like Audrel's suggestion of using a sicke or some other kind of tool to convert them to the old model/the new model.

Edited by Sia
  • Like 2

Ha: the option to sculpt statues out of hedges would be amazing, but maybe a bit too much right now for our poor overworked devs:)

But yea, I see it the way Audrel suggests; just like the stone walls, let us have a tool to convert them to another look. Either scissors, sickle, or maybe a new tool like the hedge scissors you have irl.

• Like 1

I agree with your suggestion here Dame, that the new lavender hedges should be able to be pruned or clipped to the previous model but only on deed or perimeter tiles by the mayor. Applying the same procedure as in creating lawns would seem to be the way to go and would follow the changes that have been applied to lawns over time due to player input and requests.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Yes Ayes. Just clipping the old model, no need for some new kind of sprout and all that hassle. With my limited understanding of progamming I don't see a lot of problems creating that option: the old hedge model is already there, scissors are already there; it should be a small amount of work to program it. (hopefully)

Edited by Dame

+10   these new hedges make my deed look messy.  Please give us a way to have the old ones back.

• Like 1

+1 I love the new plantations but they just dont look right in my park area compared to the orignal