Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Copper Pipe

A new item made with blacksmithing (min of 30), takes 2kg of copper.

When used on a tile next to a water source it creates a special kind of water source (piped water source).

If used on a tile next to a piped water source it moves that piped water source onto the tile.  If you want a water source 20 tiles away from your existing one you are going to need 20 pipes.  Simple as.

Piped water sources decay off deed if nothing is using them (no fountain/well on the tile).

On an upkept deed they do not decay.

Optional Extra : Allow lead to be used to make pipes too, just so we can all get lead poisoning!

Edit : Another optional Extra : Clay Pipes (40 pottery needed)

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 5

Great idea! +1  I dont have an on-deed water tile.

Maybe can be used for irrigation too (better yield)

• Like 2

Hrm copper piping would be great if we could pipe it through a fire source, especially if the environment's temperature ever becomes a concern.

As far as the OP goes, I always felt it would be better as a pottery item.

• Like 1

+1 for water pipe idea - I agree with Klaa tho - more use of clay for clay pipes

Would be good to have a basin-like or trough-like container to have the water come into, as the fountains and wells are too big for indoors.

• Like 3

Once rivers and streams are added (Far in the future, but planned) we could even see aqueducts that work in quite the same fashion, but more visible! (think mini-bridges) I know this game isn't an ancient Greece simulator, but it could be nice even from an aesthetics point of view!

• Like 1

There is a reason our water pipes are ceramic and plastic.

Copperiedus can occur from eating acid foods cooked in uncoated copper cookware, or from exposure to excess copper in drinking water or other environmental sources.

+1 to the ceramic idea tho   ;)

There is a reason our water pipes are ceramic and plastic.

Copperiedus can occur from eating acid foods cooked in uncoated copper cookware, or from exposure to excess copper in drinking water or other environmental sources.

+1 to the ceramic idea tho   ;)

Not really, most old houses (60+ years old) have bronze or lead pipes

And lead was used in paint once upon a time... however, theres a reasons why its against code now (not to mention blatantly illegal in some cases), and even copper pipes are coated/treated.

In plumbing aye copper works best for heating water, especially in regards to older systems for heating water. For example a wood fire. 

I'm going to bump this one up since, one again, I am sitting in the woods outside my cottage where the nearest water supply is XD

The course of the pipe would have to be downhill from the water source since we have no pumps. If we have copper pipes then we should be allowed aqueducts too.

As for lead pipe, if you use this you lose steadily lose points on mind speed and mind logic because of lead poisoning.  ;)

• Like 1

Sure, copper pipes, clay pipes and wooden pipes. The wood is like narrow planks held together with iron bands and sealed with tar. But no lead, I'm stupid enough without help.

• Like 2

Oh also copper piping for distilling.

I'm all for having both copper and pottery piping.

Edited by Klaa

I like the idea a lot! Don't care if water should flow upwards :P

The Romans had a good trick for forcing water to flow uphill. The pipe diameter would gradually become smaller and smaller, increasing the water pressure.

Course there's always the old put-a-large-cistern-up-high.

glass, pipes, glass pipes , distillation , alchemy formulas . Am'I derailing this too much ?

Good idea, natural evolution of technology. But these features should be added without news, we should discover them by ourselves.

Agree on clay rather than copper.

Also agree, that water pressure is needed for uphill, on a same level slope, water can just flow over to the piped tile.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I'd rather see lead used for this. Yes, I know, technically it's poisonous after a while, but a new use for lead would be really nice to have, while copper can be used for a number of things already.