Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Copper Pipe

Going to necrobump this because, really, it is just so needed now trees are once again solid XD

Why can't we give lead some love... Ignore the lead poisoning.

Edit: Also, +1

Edited by Yiraia

I feel like you would need a wood water tower on the water tile, then the pipes go to where you want from there.  Maybe no up hill only down hill.

• Like 1

+1  But, for the short term, the easiest solution would be a transmutation liquid.  They already have the code enabled, would just need to figure out a combination of materials.  This would resolve most existing needs for convenience.  Water sources in Wurm are artesian in nature.  If you build a house on one you can have fountains on every floor above it.

My 40 years in the business of running public water and wastewater systems would love to see piping, and wind powered pump systems.  But I expect that would take a lot of coding.  Sealing could be done with Jute (plant fibers, think wemp) with hot lead or tar poured on the fibers.  We already have survey equipment so they could even be laid to grade :)   Lead wasn't a real problem back in Medieval times, people mostly died from water borne diseases long before the lead would kill them.

On 2/10/2017 at 11:29 AM, Ascorbic said:

I feel like you would need a wood water tower on the water tile, then the pipes go to where you want from there.  Maybe no up hill only down hill.

There is no downhill from water sources in Wurm.

25 minutes ago, Rathgar said:

There is no downhill from water sources in Wurm.

You wouldn't be able to place the pipe, and a slope going up.  Hence, going up.

On 12/25/2015 at 7:04 PM, Hordern said:

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I'd rather see lead used for this. Yes, I know, technically it's poisonous after a while, but a new use for lead would be really nice to have, while copper can be used for a number of things already.

How about 3.  Copper, pottery, and lead can be for those path-of-insanity folks. Won't hurt them. :)

Oh, and +1 to pipes.

Edited by Amadee