Sign in to follow this  
Sofetios

So where are all the new players headed?

Hey, I just wanted to know, is there a certain server that most of the new players are going? or is it random? Thanks.

People have a choice - the current most active server (but also, by a magnitude) which is largest one - Xanadu. Independence is by comparison pretty active too.

If you're looking for PvP, you may wish to look at Epic (Affliction, Desertion or Serenity).

Or, you could just find a community to join before you get in game :)

• Like 2

Greymead starting town on Xanadu server is nice. Not crowded and the people around are all pretty nice. Biggest road in all of Wurm runs through Greymead.

• Like 1

Linton starting town on Xanadu server is nice. Not crowded and the people around are all pretty nice. Biggest road in all of Wurm runs through Greymead. 

Fixed :)

• Like 1

Hey, I just wanted to know, is there a certain server that most of the new players are going? or is it random? Thanks.

Since the choice is up to each new player which server that they want to start upon, I would say it is random in that respect. Probably many new players have little idea about the differences between them. The wise decision is the one that you have made to make a post inquiring about them.

A lot of comments have been made about the different servers within this forum section, that can then be looked through. Basically if you want a lot of activity Xanadu is the server to head to. There is also the advantage that it has 10 starter Villages that you can check out there (suicide to each) in contrast to the others having only one. So in this way you will get a good idea of the different topography of each region.

=Ayes=

There's so much wilderness still on Xanadu your head will immediately start spinning.

Deliverance is actually a pretty nice server... Smaller map with mostly Land and Lakes (boats not required to travel from corner to corner).  There is a pretty friendly group of deeds just North of Green Dog (the Starting Town) -- In fact, I am trying to setup some "cottages" for new players to "Use" for the first month or two of their play.   Give them a safe area to begin the adventure. 

Warmark's Ward - On Deli Community Map

I have an Inn (beds to rent - 10 iron - for travellers to gain Sleep Bonus)

Public Forge, Oven, Loom and a Public Access Iron Mine just up the road.

Guard Tower within 20 tiles of the INN with 5+ Guards wandering the area at all times. (several other guard towers in local area as well)

Token is open to Public as well for selling

Sits along a lake shore -- Lake of Tears -- so great fishing and water source

Lots of areas nearby to cut wood, forage, botanize, collect grass

Soon to have some "New Player Cottages" that I will be available for new players. 

I will keep the Writs to the houses and they are on my Perimeter so they will not have Deed restrictions for tennant

I will place the New Player as Friend on House so they have full access and can use.  Will have a bed and a little storage inside.  Even trying to build or gather small carts for new players to use to help with hauling.  I plan to also have small parcells in a fenced area for farming -- probably will be 2 x 4 plots behind locked gates.

The Inn and Public Crafting Stations are already there... and I will be working this weekend on several small starter cottages (Jan 31 - Feb 1) that will be open first come first served. 

Sorry for the long post but I thought this was a good place to add this info.   Soon will be posting it on the Deliverance Forum as well.

Peace to you all! 

Whatever Server you New Players choose, I hope you take the time to learn the game and give it a good play before getting frustrated.  The game is a lot of fun once you get the hang of how everything works...

Starting out can be tough, that's why I thought a New Player Friendly area was a noble thing to try for.

Sincerely,   Warmark (formerly Warhaft)

• Like 2

Deliverance is actually a pretty nice server... Smaller map with mostly Land and Lakes (boats not required to travel from corner to corner).  There is a pretty friendly group of deeds just North of Green Dog (the Starting Town) -- In fact, I am trying to setup some "cottages" for new players to "Use" for the first month or two of their play.   Give them a safe area to begin the adventure. 

Warmark's Ward - On Deli Community Map

I went to your place several weeks back and indeed find it a good location close to Green Dog for new player arrivals to easily access. This being one of the key points to attract new players due to proximity so they can stop by to check it out even if the mayor or Village assistants are not around.

At the time I did notice a lot of decay on fencing etc, so it is good to read that you are once again attending to the place while offering newer players a spot to get started. Wishing your venture much success in the future then. From the start of the server I have found it a pleasant experience to have been living there with my other mayor and deed. Somehow it is a special place that I can't quite pinpoint clearly but enjoyable nonetheless.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

• Like 1