Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 3

Awesome to have the weekly Wurm news back! Who else missed it as much as I did? Bummer on the bridges, but very nice to  have communication as to what is going on with them. Love the idea of Treasure Hunts! Hopefully they will be more achievable than the current missions seem to be. And congratulations on the new office space! That sounds like a big step for Wurm Online and I can only hope it means bigger and better things for the game as well!

Edited by Araninke

Awesome to have the weekly Wurm news back! Who else missed it as much as I did? Bummer on the bridges, but very nice to  have communication as to what is going on with them. The love the idea of Treasure Hunts! Hopefully they will be more achievable than the current missions seem to be. And congratulations on the new office space! That sounds like a big step for Wurm Online and I can only hope it means bigger and better things for the game as well!

Can only hope, however I feel its an excuse for the devs to take another month off.

I hope it is realized that treasure hunts on smaller servers is like impossible because its so easy to go around with barely any mountain areas. I think the only servers for this would be Chaos/Inde/Xanadu.

Wonders how this is going to be done fairly if the GM team organises it witht he amount of ...... gms ...... that'll just tell their buddies .....

Edited by whykillme

Glad to see what server the CAs and other players asking questions are on but can we also get to see our helpers in the list of CAs in the help channel?
Now it often looks like there is no one but there are...

Edited by Cecci

The treasure hunt would be cool. We were just talking about that in Xanadu kchat last week.

Hello Wurmians!

Ummm those accounts can not be logged in, in game or at the wurm shop....

I double checked and it was a matter of misunderstanding here at the office. It is not enabled yet.

But that is how it will work and everyone will get notified as soon as it is possible to do so.

Can only hope, however I feel its an excuse for the devs to take another month off.

Hahaha oh you ;) Did you not read the part about bulging muscles?

Nah, it will not take long. It really is not such a complicated move.

Awesome to have the weekly Wurm news back! Who else missed it as much as I did? Bummer on the bridges, but very nice to  have communication as to what is going on with them. Love the idea of Treasure Hunts! Hopefully they will be more achievable than the current missions seem to be. And congratulations on the new office space! That sounds like a big step for Wurm Online and I can only hope it means bigger and better things for the game as well!

Thanks, we are excited about it.

And with better office comes better work environment. And with better work environment comes better energy and inspiration.

That is what I believe!

• Like 2

Oh another question, will the treasure hunts be on all servers?

The plans are still being discussed, but we realised that people on some servers would be somewhat peeved if only other servers got hunts. In all likeyhood there will be rotations of servers. Incidentally, I don't feel it matters what size a server is for a hunt. Smaller server hunts will likely just be a bit shorter *shrug*

Wonders how this is going to be done fairly if the GM team organises it witht he amount of ...... gms ...... that'll just tell their buddies .....

I wondered how long it would take for someone to suggest this. Only one GM needs to hide it and make the clues.

• Like 1

Thanks, we are excited about it.

And with better office comes better work environment. And with better work environment comes better energy and inspiration.

That is what I believe!

You will have to give us some pictures of the new office once you get it all set up. 

You will have to give us some pictures of the new office once you get it all set up. 

Yeah hehe I could definitely do that.

We might not furnish quite as extensively as you do on your deeds though ;)

Ah yes! Thursday returns.

Hopefully the new office is situated next to clay and slate deposits.

Bring the next round Code Club is still renting storm server at hetzner and paying a load of money for it and it isn't used atm, wasted money... So let us play no matter if there are much changes or not just for the fun.

Edited by Sklo:D

very glad you are all back though , i think many of us eagerly await the weekly updates..it's like how you would wait for the new game of thrones episode to find out what is gonna happen next.   we love our feeding

• Like 2

Woot. Congrats on your first deed, Club Code AB. Here are a few tips from a veteran deed holder that may help you out:

1. Put your deed marker in the middle of the deed, if you can (this may be your hallway). Nothing worse than running around aimlessly when you need to suddenly withdraw some silver (or kronor).

2. Place your mailbox next to your deed marker, for the same reasons as above.

3. Lawn is your friend. Or in your case, a carpet. When it's fall, we all have trouble seeing our dogs or chicken in the thick grass. Similarly, if you drop a pen in your office, same problem. Closely cropped carpet will help.

4. Make a ship transporter (ie: car trailer) and park it on the first floor. The lake is just a few blocks away from you and as we have all discovered, sooner or later you'll need to pick something up via water.

5. Terraform responsibly. You may like mounds and raised floors in your offices, but your neighbors may not.

6. Plant some trees. In your case, in pots. This is important. Sooner or later, you'll appreciate some nature around. Also, an oleander bush has not hurt anyone yet. Yet!

7. Put at least one bed on your deed. Sooner or later it will be a long night at work and a trip to that bed you always use will be just too much trouble. Besides, sleep bonus is king.

8. Put a sign with the deed name somewhere by the entrance. Nothing worse for visitors than wondering if after travelling for so long they are actually in the right place.

9. Never take your roofs for granted. Make double protection. For some reason, even with a full roof it usually still rains indoors in most buildings on our deeds, so don't let nature win.

10. Make a few fine fishing rods. Because there will come a time, after a hard spell at work or after some aggressive Town Square activity, when you will just have to take the slope down to the ground level (stairs), hitch your ship transporter, take it to the lake, throw the boat on that lake and just go fishing. We've all been there.

Congrats!

• Like 9

Oh another question, will the treasure hunts be on all servers?

Inb4 new treasure hunt servers =P

Grats on new office space,

Any word on whether changes will be made to limit how many prizes per challenge cycle one player can win? Doesn't really affect me, but if the same couple people end up winning most of them, less and less people will play on the challenge server, and it will just turn into subscription/silver prize farming server for a dedicated few.

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 1