Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 3

LssNW3L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Welcome to a new year of Wurming!

I am excited to be back and writing to you all.

Much hopes and anticipation for this season of course.

With good reason.

There is as always much going on which I will let you in on as we progress.

At the moment there is research going into performance, new focuses and milestones.

Also the wrapping up of prizes and distribution from the first round of challenge.

I will get talking in some further detail on the topics so

Lets share some news!

Challenge

ChallengeCrew.jpg

Let me just start of by congratulating the winners of round 1!

We are doing our very best to finish the new distribution system which is able to handle redeemable unique codes you can activate once from any account.

The system can be used for many purposes when it comes to distributing things in a convenient way so this will be a great addition to have.

I will be posting a tutorial on how to use this as soon as it is finished!

Also, the winners will get contacted at that time.

We have some neat prizes which are awaiting distribution but we want them to be a surprise.

So the winners will get the chance to show them off at their own leisure.

Plenty was learned from the first round of Challenge and plenty was also the fun that was had.

Tons of useful feedback has been provided and processed which will affect future decisions.

I can confirm that a round 2 is being planned but there is currently no eta.

Lastly, all deeds that had upkeep remaining and any currency you had will soon be available if you log in.

Either in game or at the Wurm shop.

We will notify you about this as soon as it is enabled.

Bridges

There was allot of people that took part in testing out the bridges on test server.

Thanks to them we have much more to work with going forward with bridges.

As always when we leave something for testing with the community they find much more ways to creatively break things then we would ever imagine.

Which in this case is very good of course.

Our developers are currently sweating over the feedback and trying to address as much as possible.

But it is however still looking like this endeavor will take some time.

Treasure hunts!

The GM team are looking into starting up an old and fun tradition which is organized treasure hunts.

This is something some of the old players might remember.

Last time this was done by burying treasure then leaving the players with riddles and hints progressively until someone managed to find it.

There is now also talk of doing mini missions using a feature called the mission ruler which could be interesting.

This would however need some further testing before using on live servers.

What do you think Wurmians?

Are you up for some treasure hunting and do you have ideas on how to make it even more interesting?

Help Chat

BsP.jpg

I just wanted to shortly bring up the fact that Xanadu help chat channel has been merged with Pristine and Release for better coverage.

A new function will also help the CAs and CMs see where the call comes from with a tag saying which sever the call was issued from.

CodeClub starting a new year

First of, generally we are all just getting back into things.

Having meetings going over what needs to get prioritized.

There is research and testing going on to see if we can start out by addressing some recent performance issues.

With some of the new challenge prizes which are face masks we are also finishing support for that in game.

So previously announced masks will be available to the general community for crafting soon.

Blank_Masks.pngskullMask.jpg

Also there are some interesting things happening in our work environment.

We are currently sharing an office with several other companies.

All of which has been expanding lately and the space is getting cramped.

We managed to get an offer on our very own office overlooking the city center in a beautiful building.

So for the first time in Wurm development, we are putting down a deed and claiming our very own slice of the town Motala.

It is spacious and light on the contrary to our current bunker like abode.

And the initial moving date is already set for the beginning of february.

So yes, things are happening fast.

There will be no downtime or interruptions from a player perspective.

We might just be a bit more exhausted from exerting our bulging muscles moving gear during that time.

But seeing as we are all in such great shape it should pose but a minor distraction.

That was irony Wurmians. But most likely we will at least survive the ordeal.

Okay Wurmians, let me just reiterate how nice it is to be back and see you all still here.

Hope you are feeling exited for this new year of Wurm development and what it might bring.

At least we are, and we are setting some lofty goals.

So keep hanging out with us in the news posts and I will keep you involved!

As long as you

Keep on Wurming!

Of course ;)

• Like 35

Are you up for some treasure hunting...?

Are you KIDDING?  YES!

• Like 3

love it all, would love to see those tags added to global chat too

• Like 3

Glad to have the news back. I've been missing them  :)

this^

• Like 1

I really miss te old Oracle treasure hunts. I only found one but when I did it was awesome!

I look forwards to more of these being done.

• Like 1

I would love to see Ultima Online style Treasure Hunting..or MIBS.

Mibs = message in a bottle from fishing...

• Like 1

Help chat needs to be default to a *new* player when they land

If you mean CA Help being open to a player when they start playing, it already is.  It stays until the player chooses to type /ca.

Treasure hunts!

The GM team are looking into starting up an old and fun tradition which is organized treasure hunts.

This is something some of the old players might remember.

Last time this was done by burying treasure then leaving the players with riddles and hints progressively until someone managed to find it.

There is now also talk of doing mini missions using a feature called the mission ruler which could be interesting.

This would however need some further testing before using on live servers.

Are you up for some treasure hunting and do you have ideas on how to make it even more interesting?

So where will the 'treasure' come from this time, I seem to recall that when they were originally done the 'treasure' came from the inventory of perma-banned players, so will it be the same this time or will there be another source for the 'treasure'?

i'm excited about masks..i see one that looks like from the movie " vanilla sky" ..such a creepy psychological thriller..so yumz to that and well that skull mask keeps me thinking of a necro version of Hannibal..big yumz to that.  

look forward to the possibility of treasure hunts unless it's a trick to trap me where i'll get eaten. i remember something about hansel and gretel and gingerbread houses before they were trapped and eaten.

had alot of fun on Challenge so a new and improved version will be fun to explore n see what skulls can be cracked open.

congrats on the new digs. remember all ladders are south facing, you can archer out of windows but don't, and drop shafts really hurt when not in mines.

• Like 1

Great to see your Weekly Updates posting back once again RedBaron! Good news on your new offices coming soon. A pleasant and impressive working environment such as you have mentioned always enhances and inspires the work experience. Something nice to look forward to and I hope your well functioning Dev team will be all the more so within this new environment.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Nice your own town, glad to see a village neer me (IRL) hehe 10 mil from me, welcome to wurm fellows

• Like 2

Bummed out about having to wait for bridges, but pleased that you got a lot of constructive feedback and are trying to adress the issues. Keep up the good fight :)

So where will the 'treasure' come from this time, I seem to recall that when they were originally done the 'treasure' came from the inventory of perma-banned players, so will it be the same this time or will there be another source for the 'treasure'?

There is the possibility of old banned stuff, but equally it might be something spawned for the purpose of the hunt (Like the old 90QL Oracle sig'd plate set from waaaaaaaaay back).

• Like 4

glad to see you back and congratulations on the new office 

• Like 1

There is the possibility of old banned stuff, but equally it might be something spawned for the purpose of the hunt (Like the old 90QL Oracle sig'd plate set from waaaaaaaaay back).

Oh another question, will the treasure hunts be on all servers?

I can't wait for the treasure hunts, it was really fun way back when searching for the treasures,i got extremely excited when i read that also welcome back, i am pretty sure we all missed the news updates its like my weekly newspaper of wurm...lol

Lastly, all deeds that had upkeep remaining and any currency you had is available if you log in.

Either in game or at the Wurm shop.

Ummm those accounts can not be logged in, in game or at the wurm shop....

Sorry we could not authenticate player: Alchoholic

Server result was 'The game server is currently unavailable.'

Sorry we could not authenticate player: Alchoholic

Server result was 'The game server is currently unavailable.'

Same thing buddy, I sent RedBaron a PM but it is 6:30pm in Sweden so likely will be tomorrow before he can answer us :(

• Like 1

If you mean CA Help being open to a player when they start playing, it already is.  It stays until the player chooses to type /ca.

As far as I have seen, Local is the default. CA, which isn't very explanatory as a tab is there but not the first one open by default.