Sign in to follow this  
Derrick

I just can't stick.

I need some help. I'm having trouble formulating a coherent explanation of why or what I need help with. I think my main problem is I never find a community that pulls me back to Wurm. I want to go solo into Wurm but I can never survive well enough to have fun. I'm constantly repairing everything I make, so much so that I can't progress very much each play session. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm looking for somewhere that I can learn this game and find a community I enjoying been in.

As far as I can see, the only way to go solo, and have a community, and be safe enough to survive without having to repair everything, is find an alliance you enjoy chatting to, go somewhere random, plant a deed and join the alliance. You can then feel part of a community while still enjoying the solo player feel.

• Like 1

Start by looking through the recruitment boards for a village that accepts newer players and allows you to build/skill up etc on their deed or in their perimeter or something like that. Usually deeds like this will have templars or at least a guard tower to protect you. 

Focus on skilling up some fundamental skills that you will need to go on your own. These include carpentry, blacksmithing, fight skill, masonry, mining, woodcutting, hot food cooking (if I'm forgetting any, feel free to add). Get your body control to 21 so you can ride horses.

Also craft yourself a good set of armour. Either chain or leather will do imp'd to 50ql or so should be fine. Work on the associated skill until you can get it to 50ql. The alternative is to buy a set of higher ql. Craft or buy a 50ql weapon. If you go 1hander then get a shield too. Whether you craft or buy will depend on how much you want to go it on your own. You will find a good set of armour and a weapon will go a long way to keeping you alive. 

This might take a month or two depending on how often you play. I find in Wurm, the best way to keep the interest up is to plan long term projects with many short term goals. Chat with and settle near people you get along with and join in on community projects. Hope you stick with it! Good luck.

• Like 1

I'd suggest like trying on shoes..some look great but don't feel good..you have to find the group that works with your personality, playstyle, time zones, and game objectives.   I'd encourage you to maybe use the village recruitement for a few months checking out villages and alliances until you find one that fits you so you can hunker down and begin skilling and gleaning the fruits of your labor..the essence of wurm.

• Like 3

Wurm is a very complex and multidimensional game. Finding out what clicks for you takes time and patience. I got introduced to this game three times by rl friends. The first time I quit during the tutorial, the second during the first hour. The third time I got hooked and then tried to get hooked to the pvp servers only to fail another 2 times before I succeed.

There's no general guidelines I can give you. Try different game styles, from lonewolf to community player. Something will click you.

• Like 2

I want to go solo into Wurm but I can never survive well enough to have fun.

I promise. You can survive without community, with fun. Its possible. Now is easier You have tent etc

Come to Exodus. We have a large alliance with helpful players and a special deed for new players, where you can have a house and a small plot of land in a safe spot. You can stay on the new player deed as long as you like, but when you feel confident enough you can move on, get your own deed and still be part of a group of fun experienced players. In our alliance you can play whichever way you like; some people are very vocal and do stuff together, some people prefer to be hermits and talk once a week, and all of this is fine. There is no pressure to do anything, but when you need help, you get it.

My ingame name is Dameblanche, I am online most days of the week.

• Like 1

Come play epic as BL (affliction), u dont need food as BL coz we eat mycelium so that saves u alot of time, we also have a fresh server with more then enuf space.

Come on over to chaos, lots of communities that will keep you wanting to log in.