Sign in to follow this  
Miniroll

Mobs aggroing through water

So I am going through the painstaking task of trying to breed champ trolls.TROLL%20PENS.png

Rough sketch up of the pens (inside a mine), the red tiles are the ones I collapse after dominating them and putting them on their one tile out of water (I want to leave the one tile of water so they cant naturally run away (which they don't) and I can feed them easier).

I thought this was perfect and mined down the water section to maximum depth to reduce the chances of them slipping out somehow, then

when I went down to check on one it just straight up waddled through the deep water to get to me... this should not happen as you cannot lead the troll through an inch of water in the first place...

This only happens when aggroed, they do not wander through water normally.

Fix please!

Edit 1:

It only aggros and chases through the water when i'm on land myself.

Edited by Miniroll

iirc humanoids can swim, same way the horses do. The bug might actually be, that they can't be led in deep water like they should be able to.

Edited by Nicrolis

I've had Hell hounds swim across a small lake or out to an island to attack me in the past. However i think this may be something specific to them since i shot them with a bow beforehand.

i think all aggros can cross water if their target is on land on the other side of that water, they won't move if you're in water

was changed to prevent penning aggro on islands

i think all aggros can cross water if their target is on land on the other side of that water, they won't move if you're in water

was changed to prevent penning aggro on islands

If that's the case, they should allow the same mobs to be lead through water... or no leading or chasing...

and if tamed they can also be commanded across water that they otherwise can't be led across as you said.  not sure if this is bug or intended. 

well, i tried making an archery range in a cave and when i shot it from a boat it seemed like it worked but the troll wandered through the deep water when i left it untame. also you can command it to go through water aswell in a cave but you cant lead it through. above water they dont seem to do this so its definitely a bug

Edited by dapperdan

Had a spider cross 2 tiles of water 20 slope deep to come get me.