Sign in to follow this  
Raybarg

Does Town Square lack a Skirmish thread?

All the more or less "subtle" ..."forum pvp"... going on around, are we lacking a one big long thread for people to show their love in concentrated proper way in Town Square?

It has become relatively difficult to see where the McCoys and Hatfields are these days, those posts getting so thinly spread around. My opinion is that we definitely lacking Town Square Skirmish thread.

• Like 3

Calling someone out on posting in the wrong section on purpose for more attention in the thread which it concerns and leaving it at that isn't forum PvP. To get hung up on it and post about it every opportunity you get on the other hand...

Edit:

There's no need to make something personal that is strictly regarding forum sections.

Edited by Aeris

I didn't want to respond to Miretta in that affliction thread because I have no intention in bumping a thread that doesn't belong there in the first place.

i wonder btw. where that idea comes from that server related things don't belong into the town square   :rolleyes:

Never heard any Forum Mod post anything, that there is any specific rules regarding town square, other than having to have to do with wurm online in general

"Town Square
General wurm-related discussion goes here, like discussing movement speed on tar or figuring out what the latest client update did."

If "general wurm related discussion" meant post your server specific happenings here, we would have no reason for the individual server subsections.

Personally, I have nothing against you or Miretta, Raybarg. I don't think your server specific topic belongs where it is though, as people from other servers aren't really interested in a road that's being put in on Indy (nor does the size of the project warrant its forum location). I know that an excuse of "we sell things to chaos so it's a multi server "project" was used in your thread.... no. Sorry. I sell tools to chaos players too, does that mean I am exempt from putting my merchant page in its appropriate sub and allowed to post it in town square?

This is the first time you're hearing this from me. Wasn't going to bother posting my opinion in your thread, because an FM will just come in and wipe all traces of anything I have to say, while continuing to allow the topic stay out of its appropriate place. Already been done in that thread far too many times.
  • Like 1

There is enough conflict exhibited upon the forums as is. No need to create this sort of "skirmish thread" to center attention upon it and encourage more. No thanks.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

how about a whine and complain thread? but then again some threads would end up being pretty short

Posting my skirmish:

[10:14:14] Aged huge spider moves in to attack you.
[10:14:17] Aged huge spider seems to target your uppercenter parts.
[10:14:18] Aged huge spider targets your uppercenter parts.
[10:14:18] You miss with the two handed sword.
[10:14:20] You easily parry with your two handed sword.
[10:14:23] Your attack glances off Aged huge spider's armour.
[10:14:28] You cut Aged huge spider deadly hard in the stomach and damage it.
[10:14:30] You easily parry with your two handed sword.
[10:14:32] You miss with the two handed sword.
[10:14:35] You easily parry with your two handed sword.
[10:14:37] Aged huge spider barely evades the blow to the chest.
[10:14:39] The attack to the neck glances off your armour.
[10:14:42] You pierce Aged huge spider deadly hard in the right foreleg and damage it.
[10:14:43] You easily parry with your two handed sword.
[10:14:47] You miss with the two handed sword.
[10:14:48] Aged huge spider seems to target your center parts.
[10:14:49] Aged huge spider targets your center parts.
[10:14:50] Aged huge spider bites you hard in the right hand and hurts it.
[10:14:50] Your armour hurts Aged huge spider.
[10:14:51] You cut Aged huge spider deadly hard in the chest and damage it.

• Like 2

how about a whine and complain thread? but then again some threads would end up being pretty short

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 3

Posting my skirmish:

I had one a couple of days ago except the spider was the only one trying to hit

as people from other servers aren't really interested in a road that's being put in on Indy

• Like 2

Wrong. I haven't set foot on Indy in years, and don't plan to again, yet I always look at that thread.

You are the poster child for false-consensus bias.

You would still be able to read whatever you want to read in the server sub-forums, regardless of where you actually play. I can only imagine it would be easier and more organized to just peep at "lets see whats going on on celebration today" than having to dig through a mix of "bridges are still not in yet" "enki sucks I got banned" "look, my horse made a funny animation" "happy new years guys" "please nerf xxx" "we killed a dragon!!"  and "trader discussions" to find what you want :)

You would still be able to read whatever you want to read in the server sub-forums, regardless of where you actually play. I can only imagine it would be easier and more organized to just peep at "lets see whats going on on celebration today" than having to dig through a mix of "bridges are still not in yet" "enki sucks I got banned" "look, my horse made a funny animation" "happy new years guys" "please nerf xxx" "we killed a dragon!!"  and "trader discussions" to find what you want :)

again, I don't play on Indy, so I don't read their sub forum and would never have seen what I still think is a pretty massive and very interesting project.

But I don't object to that as much as I do someone else telling me what I'm interested in.

I think it is a matter of interpretation for a lot of posts. One could argue the thread about the longest creation path should be in wood scraps, the one about the supreme log in community assistance. Neither one of them interest me one bit but doesn't mean i care they are there. Hell most of the posts on this whole forum seem to be for the sole point of post counts or just to hear themselves talk. I just look over the forums and read what gets my attention and then mark the whole forum read and move on with my life.

Seems we must have reached a point in Wurm that we have no more issues other then the categorization of posts.

• Like 1

What I don't get is, that so many people seem to claim to know "better" how forum SHOULD be moderated, than the forum mods themselves  :huh:

it's like telling Rolf how he SHOULD do HIS game......oh wait :P

What I don't get is, that so many people seem to claim to know "better" how forum SHOULD be moderated, than the forum mods themselves  :huh:

I wore an FM badge for a while.  :P

Once you start paying for my premium you're entitled to tell me not to post suggestions or complain about bugs and stupid decisions made by Rolf. Until then: no

Once you start paying for my premium you're entitled to tell me not to post suggestions or complain about bugs and stupid decisions made by Rolf. Until then: no

aeris, I don't know why you are taking this personally. I wasn't meaning that suggestions/complaints etc. are stupid or not allowed. I was meaning, that telling rolf what to do, like "rolf HAS TO change his game, because I want it so!"

Can you see the difference?

@as_I_decay

since you pointed it out so nicely earlier, the mags scar thread is indeed an exception and should be treated as such. I know that some people are not very happy with threads being treated differently, but I was letting the mods decide, if they want to do that and can stand behind their decision. So yeah, I even agree, that to a certain point Town square should be kept "clean" from too much server based content.

And in case it is interesting for you, the Mags scar is probably biggest project in whole wurm, feel free to come visit it, to see for yourself :) it's not "just" a Highway.

...all this chatter about sub forums.  Last I checked all we had were surface ships