Sign in to follow this  
ShadowRonin

Lead hitched large carts

Often times when terraforming or building, one of the biggest annoyances I have is having to constantly get on/off carts.  If you don't you have that wonderful cart bug where you float ahead if you drop dirt while on a cart.  I don't think that leading a hitched cart while on foot would be out of the realm of possibility in real life, nor would it allow you to do anything you can't already do in game.  I personally think this is long overdue, would be easy to implement, and save players massive headaches.

• Like 30

+1, although it would have to be tied to the carts permission system, otherwise anyone could just wander off with it.

Edited by Kediec
  • Like 3

As Kediec has suggested, the dragger would need to have command permission for the cart, but so long as that was the case, I'd say this is a good addition.

+1

I am glad 2 others have already addressed my only concern which would be leading had to be tied to cart permissions.

A good and helpful suggestion. As is now I bring another large cart to the area, load it from the hitched horse cart and drag it behind me, to avoid the constant mount/dismount situation. It would even look cool to be leading a hitched horse cart around.

=Ayes=

+1, although it would have to be tied to the carts permission system, otherwise anyone could just wander off with it.

+1  :)

Popular suggestion, nobody opposed, no real downsides, won't affect pvp.

Won't be implemented.

-1 honestly I can see the head aches this would cause in the scenario of

"Oh look a cart with horses, no wait i can't drive can't embark but hey I can sure as heck lead it away."

Owner come back from taking a piss. 'hey anyone seen my cart?'

Nice idea, but no thanks, just get on the cart / wagon and move it.

And stormblade if you were reading the posts at all you would see that point was addressed and an easy fix suggested.

-1 honestly I can see the head aches this would cause in the scenario of

"Oh look a cart with horses, no wait i can't drive can't embark but hey I can sure as heck lead it away."

Owner come back from taking a piss. 'hey anyone seen my cart?'

Nice idea, but no thanks, just get on the cart / wagon and move it.

Make leading hitched horse to a cart the same as embarking to drive, solves your problem and those who dig and dont want to drive a cart can lead it to the next spot.

Always a fix to please most, just need to open your eyes to see it.

Aye naturally the leader would need the same permissions as driver.

When leading the cart make it either have a speed reduction or a cr nerf pls. else people be dragging cart full of rock throwing them at each other.

This would be great, but might need to be tied to drag not lead, since you can lead 4 things, imagine leading 4 wagons with 9 creates of stuff, cool but probably too much.

• Like 1

Just make the "lead" option a choice when clicking a lg cart with horses hitched. Then in that way it could be limited to one cart/wagon at a time. Leading animals would then remain as is by clicking them.

=Ayes=