Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Challenge winners announcement!

midbb.png

Below you can find the names of the winners of the first Challenge round “Build The Battlefield” in the different categories. We will soon contact these winners by email. The prizes will be delivered using a new coupon system. These coupons codes will be usable on any server by any player. If they are used on the challenge server though, any item rewards will be lost after the round during the reset.

The next round will see some difference in categories and some of the existing ones will be tweaked. We are going to start a feedback thread in the forums in order to find out more changes required for the next round. We will also declare the start of the next round asap.

For now though, congratulations to the winners below and of course an honorary mention of Laststand who legitimately can claim to have won the whole shabang!

Most overall points

Laststand

Title “Master/Mistress of The Challengeâ€

20 Silver Coins to character of choice

Gold Challenge Statue

Face Mask of The Challenge

2 months premium on character of choice

Most Unique Achievements accomplished

Ordecc

Title “Lord/Lady of The Islesâ€

Gold Challenge Statue, Face Mask of The Isles

Most Battle Points

Laststand

Title “Blood Ravagerâ€

Silver Challenge Statue, Ravager Face Mask

Most Personal Achievements accomplished

Mrloots

Title “Selfieâ€

10 Silver Coins to character of choice

Silver Challenge Statue, Pale Face Mask

Most items looted from resource points

Alchoholic

Title “Pit Slayerâ€

Bronze Challenge Statue

Horned Helmet of Gold

Player with most HOTA points

Koth was selected winner by the system among many others with equal amount

Title “Guardian of the Huntâ€

Bronze Challenge Statue

Plumed Helm of The Hunt

Most Unique player kills

Laststand

Title “Shadow Assassinâ€

Marble Challenge Statue

Face Mask of the Shadow

Most Karma gained

Laststand

Title “Future Wardenâ€

Marble Challenge Statue

Face Mask of the Enlightened

Ruler with most land

Asianwonder of Mol Rehan

Title “Emperor Emeritusâ€

Marble Challenge Statue

Embellished Staff of the Land

Village with most HOTA wins

Tidelander, Mayor of Mol Summoned which led the Mol Rehan alliance receives this to share:

Titles “Pack of the Huntâ€, 20x HOTA Necklaces

I congratulate Laststand for doing so very well!

But honestly, no person should be able to win multiple categories.  Rather, they should be able to pick the category they want rewards from and then the system should reward the #2 in the other categories.  I don't care if some would say its not fair because the player earned top spot.  The truth is, most players cannot live on the server 24/7 and it defeats the purpose of having winning categories if the same person wins most/all of them.

Also, CodeClub was way too generous with the giving out of rewards.  Injecting non-purchased silver into the economy (almost 2 gold worth if you include premium that will not remove coin) causes inflation.  This much injection every month could potentially have a negative impact on the Wurm economy.

Just some thoughts.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 1

Well think of this how many people resubscribed to wurm? I did. Two accounts plus some silver to use on challenge. I hope there are a few more pve rewards next time around but will see.

Congrats to all the winners. And I think if somebody worked for it, then that person deserves the prize even if he is being awarded in more than one category. Just my 2 cents ...  -_-

I congratulate Laststand for doing so very well!

But honestly, no person should be able to win multiple categories.  Rather, they should be able to pick the category they want rewards from and then the system should reward the #2 in the other categories.  I don't care if some would say its not fair because the player earned top spot.  The truth is, most players cannot live on the server 24/7 and it defeats the purpose of having winning categories if the same person wins most/all of them.

Also, CodeClub was way too generous with the giving out of rewards.  Injecting non-purchased silver into the economy (almost 2 gold worth if you include premium that will not remove coin) causes inflation.  This much injection every month could potentially have a negative impact on the Wurm economy.

Just some thoughts.

dont forget that if more then 1 person could win then a group of people could have a shared account that they all work on and make it so that that 1 account wins everything every time thats an other thing codeclub should look at next time around to make sure that its an actual person and not a group of people using 1 account for easy prices and easy money

I don't think it's your or any other players job to decide what prize they give out. Let's do a bit of a reality check: I never heard of a contest where the contestants can decide what do they want to win and how much money they want to get for winning. I was never the one for pvp or having this challenge server opened, but complaning about the amount of money other ppl won here and "accusing" Code Club for being too generous is weird and sorry but plain rude in my opinion. If Rolf is fine to part with the money (that is not being pruchased ie he wont get any money out of this), then we should be too, and just appreciate the gesture, 

I don't think it's hurting the echonomy at all, the player who just won the money might just buy your tools, bricks or whatever else you are selling, which he without winning this money maybe wouldn't do because the lack of founds. 

Edited by Nikab

dont forget that if more then 1 person could win then a group of people could have a shared account that they all work on and make it so that that 1 account wins everything every time thats an other thing codeclub should look at next time around to make sure that its an actual person and not a group of people using 1 account for easy prices and easy money

I can tell you now that Laststand is not a shared account. He is actually Rakki (On Epic)

Congrats to the Epic BL guys winning most of the loots.

like i said.. its not that lib priests were overpowered it was the players on the lib priests that were overpowered

• Like 2

like i said.. its not that lib priests were overpowered it was the players on the lib priests that were overpowered

except for the fact that they cheated to win...

• Like 1

Cheated how? He had number one points and battle rank in the bag. We wanted to have some fun at the end since only thenagar showed up for the grand finale battle and all 1v1ed him except the champs.

• Like 1

Cheated how? He had number one points and battle rank in the bag. We wanted to have some fun at the end since only thenagar showed up for the grand finale battle and all 1v1ed him except the champs.

Since when does 1v1ing consist of having your armour off, and dying multiple times to the same guy? 

Very true... but either way you will always get the haters who gon hate.

BL4lyf

♥lockdown

Sign in to follow this