Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Challenge winners announcement!

I don't think anyone in particular is mad, but however having a reputation as a cheater doesn't get you very far.

• Like 1

At the end, you'l see that laststand converted to JK, Then killed all of us in 1v1's. Completely fair and legit. i got wrecked horribly in the 1v1, even with mag priest damage perk. Only two accounts converted, Skogsman & laststand. Laststandtwo was never killed in the deathtabs by laststand.

Which is pretty much gaming the system.

Something like that should probably be bannable, like champ point abuse is, especially with challenge being a prize based system.

• Like 1

The guy thats already ahead converting for some fun is gaming the system? 

What I find sad about this whole mess is Unique achievements category had nothing to do with actual achievements, and Koth winning most hota when he barely participated in any Hotas at all, he was just part of the alliance that was winning them so got credit, now he gets a reward for being mostly inactive? This whole thing is a mess.

Koth: Mostly inactive gets a reward.

Asianwonder: Inactive gets a reward.

Tidelander: Inactive gets a reward.

At least alcoholic and laststand were very active throughout the entire challenge.

Edited by Whatthetruck

I love all the critique and comments and how all of maybe none of them played more than 3 days :/

• Like 1

I presumably get 20 codes and the responsibility to distribute fairly all around the alliance.

Sounds more like a punishment to me, no way to satisfy everybody.

I do agree this whole reward system is a mess.

PS: If you didn't like the "alliance" why didn't you break it and make your own, claiming this "prize"?

PSS: I believe I did my part, it's not like I played for a day and quit...

Edited by Pidgeoni

You know I see and hear a lot of people crying about how unfair this was. And with good reason it was. BUT who is really to blame?

I can tell you that most of those complaining are def not New players who wouldn't know any better, fact is most of everyone complaining (even though it is good reason for the complaints) are in fact very aware of how wurm has been this way for years. But rather do something about it fully knowing that it was going to be a broken arse system no one did crap about it. Rather then try and work with others and change the outcome greed took over for many players and instead of working with others groups decided they wanted to have the full power pushing many players to stop playing.

My complaint is that too many of YOU are weak minded which causes exactly this to happen. I hope to see the day Code Club gets their heads out their arses and actually handles balance on their end, but I won't be holding my breath.

its real easy to see who cheated and who didn't. Just graph the scores untill the end. You can easily see who held it almost the entire month, and who jumped to the top at the very end.

i think this is a valid point.   I congratz all the winners as they should be in good sportsmanship allowed to receive reward minus ridicule. give them that.  aside i think this is a valid point to see that perhaps a new way should be devised.  maybe there's nothing wrong with this yet how it panned out just doesn't look right either so idk

I don't think any rewards should be handed out and I also think challenge should be over with. I must say I had a blast killing every person I seen. It was fun and all but the current pvp servers need looked at. Epic needs to be fixed.  Only 55 people online on the epic cluster. 15 are on the epic pvp server(elevation). My only suggestion is to have one PVP server the size of xanadu and have it connected to freedom.

• Like 1

I don't think any rewards should be handed out and I also think challenge should be over with. I must say I had a blast killing every person I seen. It was fun and all but the current pvp servers need looked at. Epic needs to be fixed.  Only 55 people online on the epic cluster. 15 are on the epic pvp server(elevation). My only suggestion is to have one PVP server the size of xanadu and have it connected to freedom.

Worst.Post.Ever

"Other pvp servers need to be looked at, Lets ditch challenge and put a bigger emptier one on freedom! Cuz freedom totally needs ANOTHER big ass map & ANOTHER pvp zone that has like no pvp" Wise post! 

Btw:

Serenity players

25/400

Desertion players

42/400

Affliction players

24/400

Elevation players

19/400

That, At the time of this post, 110 players. Thats twice the amount its been in some time now. its only been at these numbers since challenge ended.

Edited by akaedis

I'm not pointing any fingers, but death tabs say otherwise. And when you make agreements with people for kills, thats the same as abusing the champ points system, which is indeed a bannable offense.

Well show me the logs of a death tab where you think Rakki killed an alt of his.

One does not generally enter into an agreement with oneself. (though getting into disagreement with oneself is probably an even more rare occurence)

He is talking about other people and their alts.

According to the following quote this is exactly what he did.

At the end, you'l see that laststand converted to JK, Then killed all of us in 1v1's. Completely fair and legit. i got wrecked horribly in the 1v1, even with mag priest damage perk. Only two accounts converted, Skogsman & laststand. Laststandtwo was never killed in the deathtabs by laststand.

The guy converting for a whole bunch of free kills can definitely be considered gaming the system, the fact that he was ahead and had fun in doing so is completely irrelevant.

One does not just stumble upon winning 4 categories, serious time and effort must be invested in very specific area's.

And although it is possible he had fun while spending his time on the challenge server, it is quite clear he was not your average casual player.

We all know playing wurm is work and achieving something in wurm is hard work. Don't try to pass this off as a random person looking for some casual fun.

If he was just looking for some fun in the end, then it was not necessary to convert, wurm has plenty possibilities built in for same kingdom 1v1's.

Now I personally don't know this Laststand and Whatthetruck guy's, all I know about them I have read in this thread.

And I don't really care who has won what category, but if I see someone getting in such a defensive stance I get suspicious.

And if in their incompetent efforts to defend their friend they hand over evidence of his apparent "gaming the system", I get a strong sense of injustice.

• Like 8

Worst.Post.Ever

"Other pvp servers need to be looked at, Lets ditch challenge and put a bigger emptier one on freedom! Cuz freedom totally needs ANOTHER big ass map & ANOTHER pvp zone that has like no pvp" Wise post! 

Btw:

Serenity players

25/400

Desertion players

42/400

Affliction players

24/400

Elevation players

19/400

That, At the time of this post, 110 players. Thats twice the amount its been in some time now. its only been at these numbers since challenge ended.

Still there needs to be only 1 pvp server. All these people on epic and no pvp ever happens. Epic was not meant to last long and it has lasted for long enough. Each and every day it gets worse and worse. 

Also epic has been dead past few months it was going to raise back up any time. 

Maybe challenge should happen 1 or 2 times a year when pvp is at its lowest

• Like 1

Still there needs to be only 1 pvp server. All these people on epic and no pvp ever happens. Epic was not meant to last long and it has lasted for long enough. Each and every day it gets worse and worse. 

Also epic has been dead past few months it was going to raise back up any time. 

It's the same winter cycle every year, it's always "dead" during this time

Home servers are necessary to allow noobs/f2p to start and test the waters so to speak, because as we all know prem only hurts player counts (blh was prem only to start, and would max out at like 3 people online) but Elevation needs premium only

• Like 2

Yeah servers are fine how they are for the most part imo, the only change i would ever consider wanting is making it to where theres only 2 kingdoms, 2 homeservers, 1 for white light and 1 for black light, and then elevation, that way each kingdom gains a few more members and its not that big of a deal that we arent constantly reaching 50+ players on elevation at a time

Any news on when the codes are getting released, and when we can log back into our accounts?

• Like 2

So what is the "Embellished Staff of the Land"? I searched for it on the wiki and the forums and have never seen or heard of it before is it something pvp related or what? 

It's the same winter cycle every year, it's always "dead" during this time

Home servers are necessary to allow noobs/f2p to start and test the waters so to speak, because as we all know prem only hurts player counts (blh was prem only to start, and would max out at like 3 people online) but Elevation needs premium only

Edited by krinos78
  • Like 3

What I find sad about this whole mess is Unique achievements category had nothing to do with actual achievements, and Koth winning most hota when he barely participated in any Hotas at all, he was just part of the alliance that was winning them so got credit, now he gets a reward for being mostly inactive? This whole thing is a mess.

Koth: Mostly inactive gets a reward.

Asianwonder: Inactive gets a reward.

At least alcoholic and laststand were very active throughout the entire challenge.

i tried this mostly inactive crap on the 2nd map why i got no rewards ?