Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Challenge winners announcement!

Yipey yeah, congrats to the winners I guess. Now, can the Devs get back to focusing on what's important?

• Like 2

<Reposted from the other announcement thread>

I congratulate Laststand for doing so very well!

Also, CodeClub was way too generous with the giving out of rewards.  Injecting non-purchased silver into the economy (almost 2 gold worth if you include premium that will not remove coin) causes inflation.  This much injection every month could potentially have a negative impact on the Wurm economy.

As for too generous lol, I'm glad you didn't see how much silver was dropped from middle hota. I know some people got 50+ silver from it and most of us mr got 10-20.

You make an important point here Eyesgood. More players (pvp'ers in this case) having access to more giveaway funds will give them an advantage in purchasing power within the game; thus, they spend more freely, inflating the prices in turn for everyone else. While this may encourage pvp, I think it best to consider this impact upon the rest of the game outside of this niche market.

The hota statement above just being another example of coins given away unbeknownst to the majority of the PvE population. Since this trend seems to continue, I see it as even more reason to keep the pvp assets separate from those of PvE. In other words, no transfer of funds between the two game styles, PvE vs pvp.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I didn't think it was too bad its just that Eyesgod thought the prize money was a large amount but the truth is that is probably 1/4 of the money from challenge.

Wow, I am amazed Rolf threw money around like that.  Inflation, here we come.....

Wow, I am amazed Rolf threw money around like that.  Inflation, here we come.....

I have seen absolutely no message or communication that any silver looted off challenge goes anywhere, afaik it will stay on challenge, no inflation at all

Wow... I hope the prize system is gonna get smashed wit the nerf bat...

Grats and all, but 1 player getting 8 months premium free and 60 silver for a single round? That's ridiculous

• Like 5

if we do let it be that people can win in more then 1 catagory next time please add in a check to make sure that the account that wins isnt an account shared by a group of people who keep that account online almost 24/7 so that they have the biggest chance in winning anything :/ as things like that would lead to people who actually wanna try on their own never being able to win and what would be the point of having a contest when 1 account wins everything every time due to it being a group of people behind it :3

Wow... I hope the prize system is gonna get smashed wit the nerf bat...

Grats and all, but 1 player getting 8 months premium free and 60 silver for a single round? That's ridiculous

Cheese for the mice my friend....cheese for the mice.

Rolf  "Look over here players of Wurm....See what goodies AND big bags of cash you can get IF you play my new pvp server".

Don't get me wrong ....i think this new server was a great idea...gives players a chance at pvp if they have not tried it yet and also everyone is on a level playing field...no high level players to blast you back into the stone age. The new server also gives them a testing ground to try out new items they may want to add to over pvp servers without messing with them and causing damage to the pvp player base that cannot be undone once added....all good in my eyes.

But this "Throw cash and trinkets (cheese) at the players (Mice)" is BAD JOO JOO .....the one big problem with RL is GREED and now i'm sad to say it looks like the same rot is entering games as well. And b4 anyone says it, this is not Sour Grapes.....i never tied the new server.....just not my bag,,,and hats off to the winners.

We all know now that players will flow / race to Round 2 of this server in the hope of bagging lots of loot and cash but is this a good thing ?

Rolf may have done the right thing to suck players into trying his new project.....BUT ....has he done the RIGHT THING ? ....we will have to wait a see :S

• Like 1

if we do let it be that people can win in more then 1 catagory next time please add in a check to make sure that the account that wins isnt an account shared by a group of people who keep that account online almost 24/7 so that they have the biggest chance in winning anything :/ as things like that would lead to people who actually wanna try on their own never being able to win and what would be the point of having a contest when 1 account wins everything every time due to it being a group of people behind it :3

Most of those categories he won in required the player actually be a good player. When I said something about him having help what I meant was when he called we went to pvp with him. When I found source I put it in a waterskin and gave it to him daily. I gave him advice on easy achievements so that he could get a couple a day for more overall points. I am not saying you were acusing of this but just in case I wanted you to know that only Rakki played Laststand.

gotta love how the PA winner made a alt with the easiest non bugged achievements and did them all in 1 day to win it, GGWP

I find it funny how the ruling about killing alts for champ points got completely overlooked for this server :D

If the rules were enforced that scoreboard might look different :D

• Like 1

I find it funny how the ruling about killing alts for champ points got completely overlooked for this server :D

If the rules were enforced that scoreboard might look different :D

That was actually discussed, and suspected of a few people, but guess what Rakki refused to do that, the only alts that he killed ever were other people's alts that were doing shady things in the hota or attacking horses, he never once killed an alt of his own.

I'm not pointing any fingers, but death tabs say otherwise. And when you make agreements with people for kills, thats the same as abusing the champ points system, which is indeed a bannable offense.

• Like 1

I'm not pointing any fingers, but death tabs say otherwise. And when you make agreements with people for kills, thats the same as abusing the champ points system, which is indeed a bannable offense.

Well show me the logs of a death tab where you think Rakki killed an alt of his.

now now, dont be a sore loser

You deserved the win more than me, I'm just surprised rolf didn't mention that you tied first and were selected like he said for hota wins.

No champs in mr did this, can't speak for other factions. No champs won anything for that matter so don't know what you are complaining about.

gotta love how the PA winner made a alt with the easiest non bugged achievements and did them all in 1 day to win it, GGWP

I didn't get the prize max had his alt for way longer.

its real easy to see who cheated and who didn't. Just graph the scores untill the end. You can easily see who held it almost the entire month, and who jumped to the top at the very end.

some things were fixed at the very end, like achievements and personal goals..

Well since you brought it up, achievements had nothing to do with the very end, it had to do with this guy getting over 120 achievements in 2 days by exploiting a hidden variable Rolf refuses to fix before rewarding.

its real easy to see who cheated and who didn't. Just graph the scores untill the end. You can easily see who held it almost the entire month, and who jumped to the top at the very end.

At the end, you'l see that laststand converted to JK, Then killed all of us in 1v1's. Completely fair and legit. i got wrecked horribly in the 1v1, even with mag priest damage perk. Only two accounts converted, Skogsman & laststand. Laststandtwo was never killed in the deathtabs by laststand.

You all can't be mad at rakki for winning the lottery and playing wurm online all the time. He put a ton of time in and earned his titles, coins, and prem time. I suggest you all go win the lottery before the next one.