Sign in to follow this  
takatsuki

Affliction Green Dragon Slaying! 01/12/15 (Screenshots)

Just some cool screen shots of our slaying of the Venerable Green Dragon Hatchling this evening! 

Preparation before battle:

wurm201501112106_1.jpg

Up close and personal!:

wurm201501112114_1.jpg

During the fight.. Deathcrawler Minions spawn directly on top of us!:

wurm201501112112_1.jpg

Healing up and showing the team at work =):

wurm201501112112_1.jpg

Just thought this one looked pretty cool!:

wurm201501112129_1.jpg

And Victory! The Dragon has been slain! Takatsuki [Dragonslayer] has been born! =D:

wurm201501112202.jpg

• Like 2

enough people play on affliction to kill a dragon?!

:P

Nice, we killed a Champion Troll King last week

2pq9k7q.jpg

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

So I take it town square is the place to post unique killing threads now...

I usually stay out of the "this doesn't belong in town square" debate, but c'mon. There's a killing at least once a week on the PVE servers, and all of those threads manage to go to their appropriate sub.

• Like 1

I usually stay out of the "this doesn't belong in town square" debate, but c'mon. There's a killing at least once a week on the PVE servers, and all of those threads manage to go to their appropriate sub.

They wanted people to see the achievement I guess.

The thread content is clearly labelled in the title, anyone that doesn't want to read affliction stuff doesn't need to click here.

Personally I find it more interesting than half the manure littering this section.

• Like 3

They wanted people to see the achievement I guess.

The thread content is clearly labelled in the title, anyone that doesn't want to read affliction stuff doesn't need to click here.

Personally I find it more interesting than half the manure littering this section.

Personally, I don't. Again, these things get killed at least once a week. Nothing interesting or unique about the thread, and in my opinion, it's taking up room and/or pushing threads I actually want to read to later pages.

And again, everyone else manages to put their unique killings into appropriate subs.... what makes this one special?

Yeah, but Freedom servers generally have a population above 20 at any given time. This is an achievement for them. Also, they are HotS and can't use smite or light of Fo.

• Like 1

Yeah, but Freedom servers generally have a population above 20 at any given time. This is an achievement for them. Also, they are HotS and can't use smite or light of Fo.

If you want to get technical about it, it takes less than a dozen decent fighters to take down anything other than a red. I've attended quite a few kills with single digit attendees and no Fo healing to be had. And smite hasn't been used, nor needed, since implementation of respawning. (I don't think it really was ever needed, I think a lot of people were unaware and brought 1 handers and shields to the old kills, making them ineffective in battle and thus making the creature seem stronger.)

Debating this thread's legitimacy is not my intention, though. I find it to be "nitpicking" at the details. Simple fact is, the thread doesn't belong here, like none of the other server's kill threads do. The OP has been known to do this though, and an argument springs up into every one of these threads. I do usually stay out of it, but it's getting a little ridiculous.

If you want to get technical about it, it takes less than a dozen decent fighters to take down anything other than a red. I've attended quite a few kills with single digit attendees and no Fo healing to be had. And smite hasn't been used, nor needed, since implementation of respawning. (I don't think it really was ever needed, I think a lot of people were unaware and brought 1 handers and shields to the old kills, making them ineffective in battle and thus making the creature seem stronger.)

Debating this thread's legitimacy is not my intention, though. I find it to be "nitpicking" at the details. Simple fact is, the thread doesn't belong here, like none of the other server's kill threads do. The OP has been known to do this though, and an argument springs up into every one of these threads. I do usually stay out of it, but it's getting a little ridiculous.

So what exactly does belong here then? 

Because if we're to rely on the description of the section then 90% of the crap here, shouldn't be here.

Edited by Daolin
  • Like 2

I don't think it's not for random people who may not like pvp to decide if a thread belongs or not, if you feel it doesn't report it, or dont look at it? 

• Like 1

I don't think it's not for random people who may not like pvp to decide if a thread belongs or not, if you feel it doesn't report it, or dont look at it? 

Reaching there? Since when did this devolve into a pvp/pve mentality thing?

Whether it happened on indy, chaos, epic, exo, etc. makes no difference. It's only a unique kill.  :rolleyes: 

I am not going to report it. Why? One FM had already posted after me. If he felt I was right, the move would have been done already.

And as I said before, I don't have to read the thread for it to interfere with my forum browsing. The existence of the thread itself pushes the threads I do want to read further down the page.

(On a similar note, this thread http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/77489-indy-highway-project-magranons-scar-v20/ doesn't belong in town square either, and it was created by my carebear brethren.)

Edited by As_I_Decay

hope you posted all over their forum post too... this person feels it is an achievement, so let them post it...  maybe your complaining doesn't belong here?

• Like 5

IT was an achievement!!!

This is the first Unique I have ever seen or killed! Not to mention Affliction is probably one of the smallest servers in Wurm. We managed to do this! That in it's own is a achievement! 

I honestly didn't know where else to post it, It's Wurm Related so I figured Town Square was fine. 

I see people posting PvE stuff that is 100% server based in here ALL THE TIME! Just because this has something to do with PvP people flip out.. It wasn't even a PvP event!!! Dragon Slaying is a PvE thing.. (Nothing Player vs Player about killing a dragon) Just so happened to happen on a PvP server. 

If the title had just said "Dragon Slaying" instead of "Affliction Dragon Slaying" would there still be an issue? 

I do sometimes post in the wrong forum sections and I appologize for that.. I try to post in the right area's but sometimes aren't so good about that lol.

I've been playing Wurm since September I believe, and I am just trying to be a active member of the Wurm community (IE: A active player and active forum member)

The constant negativity every time I post a forum post kinda discourages me from even posting in the first place.. =/ 

I posted here because

1: It was Wurm Related

2:It was quite the accomplishment for me/a small server.

3: Just to share! New Players may see this and say WHOA! Dragon! (As a rather new player myself I say the same thing!) 

As mentioned above.. Simply don't read it!

Finally: Thank you to everybody who left positive comments =). This was a big step for me as a Wurm Player! Stuff like this gives me hope that the game can have a working community who actually works together to do what would be an impossible feat solo.

Which is kinda why I moved to PvP from Xanadu.. Freedom Unique slayings are 90% of the time privatized and very few people every truly work together as a large group to anything!

Thanks again everybody =). 

Edited by takatsuki
  • Like 6

Keep posting taka, im sure many ppl like ur positive approach in this game and how u enjoy wurm online. I do at least.

Wish more ppl from freedom came to take a look at epic and see how it truly is instead of calling it pvp dont belong here, pvp sucks and worry about in what forum sections belongs. pathetic.

• Like 7

Keep posting taka, im sure many ppl like ur positive approach in this game and how u enjoy wurm online. I do at least.

Wish more ppl from freedom came to take a look at epic and see how it truly is instead of calling it pvp dont belong here, pvp sucks and worry about in what forum sections ###### belongs. pathetic.

Positive is who I am!!! =). I am a gamer who really enjoys her games and everything to do with said games! 

I mean I named my deed Teddybear Junction! LOL! Why would anything negative come from a place like that? =) *Hugs*

• Like 1

Nice, we killed a Champion Troll King last week

2pq9k7q.jpg

That's soo awesome! That had to be a tough fight! =)

• Like 1

The OP has been known to do this though, and an argument springs up into every one of these threads. I do usually stay out of it, but it's getting a little ridiculous.

The OP is probably the only person on this entire forum who doesn't go around bashing people and starting personal vendettas. Gratz to the OP.

• Like 1

The OP sounds a little too much Polyanna for BL ;p All upbeat and chirpy and all. Wonder how long before we epic players beat that out of her :)

The OP sounds a little too much Polyanna for BL ;p All upbeat and chirpy and all. Wonder how long before we epic players beat that out of her :)

For the most 'evil' kingdom HOTS actually has the most love and positivity you'll see in Epic.

So that ain't never gonna happen, not to any one of us!

Edited by Ocean
  • Like 3

i wonder btw. where that idea comes from that server related things don't belong into the town square  :rolleyes:

Never heard any Forum Mod post anything, that there is any specific rules regarding town square, other than having to have to do with wurm online in general

• Like 1

haha do troll kings seriously have those hats on? Never seen one.

it's taking up room and/or pushing threads I actually want to read to later pages

lol

Edited by Hexproof
  • Like 3