Sign in to follow this  
jacobllent

Skin mess ups

This has to do with glsl.

Are you on a laptop? Does the laptop have a nvidia card?

If you are on a laptop with a nvidia card, this is caused by your laptop not recognizing wurm as a game and starts it with the intel onboard graphics. To fix this, rightclick your desktop and go to Nvidia control panel. In there, go to "manage 3d settings"  and change the preferred graphics processor to "High performance Nvidia"  as I show below in the spoiler example picture:

kgPPseG.png 

If you are not on a laptop, or dont have a nvidia card and you only have a intel onboard graphics, your only bet is to disable GLSL in the compatibility options in wurm. However, if you run windows 8.1 this will make the tiles look very ugly and the only sure fix for the tiles seem to be to downgrade to windows 8.0 in this case.

Edited by Viti

Please let us know if it worked and what you ended up doing so me and others can use it to help you and/or others better :)

I just got a laptop with an nvidia card, and I was having this problem.  Switched the preferred graphics processor, like Viti said, and it worked perfectly.  Thanks!

If i turn off glsl, then there is problem that all the things change so fast. I mean I keep walking and the ground keeps changing. Also am using AMD Radeon graphics card, what kind of settings should i use or change to fix this problem?
If i keep glsl turned on, then I get the similiar spooky skins like that showed in the OP

Also am using AMD Radeon graphics card, what kind of settings should i use or change to fix this problem? 

Are you using a laptop with both Radeon plus Intel graphics? If so, the solution may be similar to what Viti is suggesting for NVidia Optimus users, but instead the Radeon version of that. We discuss it a little in this thread.

If you have ONLY Radeon and no integrated Intel for powersaving, then this would not apply. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. From all the info i received i was able to remove the problem completely.

What i did was go to graphics setting and added Wurm and Java to the list. Thus now my graphics card recognized java and those skins were gone.

Add application as shown in image. 

VCRFYv6.png

Thanks to you all. Now i can play the game peacefully.

Thanks for coming back to update.

I guess NVidia is not the only graphics maker to do this "switchable graphics"  and it is helpful to have a screenshot we can post to tell people where to look.

Also I have noticed in my taskmanager before, that jp2launcher.exe is the process running and wondering of a dev can tell us to now use that in place of javaws.exe.

Hi, I'm trying to run Wurm on a new laptop I've purchased, but I'm getting some pretty bad visual graphics errors:

dloVsJE.pngp2lczuB.jpg

I don't believe I'm using Nvidia OR Radeon, as only Intel is listed in my display adapter in the Device Manager. Is this an issue with Intel? And is there a workaround if it is?

Edited by Aelfrey

Disabling GLSL seems to have solved the distorted graphics. Still curious if there's another fix though.