Sign in to follow this  
Gramuly

Wurm on mobile

A few months back Microsoft purchased a minecraft.

there were many private servers that had running communities.

they were hacked and destroyed and difficult to keep control of.

but minecraft was hugely popular. It had something to offer people that could be found elsewhere.

I wont get into how wurm and minecraft may have the same kind of magic to offer.

Point is... Microsft has huge HUGE plans for minecraft.

It is to be a flagship for the mobile and platform devices.

Minecraft lovers will hate the changes as laws will be introduced. You cant just do this and that with out laws.

You cant break down your neighbors house unless you are willing to pay the consequences.

Its sort of like that in Wurm.

Wurm was unwilling to let go of its ownership. Minecraft was willing.

Microsoft has lost its monopoly via mobile touchscreens and is trying to play catch-up.

Microsoft is learning from Wurm and Minecraft and will bridge the two together.

I have a feeling that Minecraft and Wurm were never that far apart from each other.

They were and still are friends. Soon you will see big changes in Minecraft from Microsoft.

Question is will WURM beat them to the punch.

I love Wurm. I would sign a check for a kickstarter of 10,000$ usd  if it was to make a playable Wurm for android.

My only other option would be to buy a Microsoft smartphone and play Minecraft persistent mmo.

We all want to own land and build on it. Its to hard to do in real life. 

Edited by Gramuly
  • Like 2

Could we please make it playable on an actual computer first? ATM it doesn't matter how much RAM you have on your machine, go to a place with more than 10 people in local and Wurm will fill it all up

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 3

Playing wurm on smartphone? OF COURSE! Awesome idea! I'd buy a new smartphone just to play it if I had to.

No more lost time while traveling... dream come true! Feeling productive while waiting for a train or plane.

Reminds me of "how do you know you played wurm too much" but i'd join the wurmaholics officially club.

I admit it. Not wurmaholics anomymous. wurmaholics officially!

Edited by Smilingcat

Microsofts almost unlimited amounts of money and 10k's of workers vs Code Club AB's.. just saying.

How does mobile MC compare to the PC version?  Ive not played it.

Teamviewer works to allow mobile Wurming as long as its running on another PC first.  Chat works ok, but navigation is difficult.

A mobile app for wurm...it might just work. 

Mobile version of Wurm is a really bad idea for so complex game - on the other hand, companion app should be really useful.

I would LOVE to see a Mobile version of Wurm. Not because i'd be playing it on that medium... Really can't see it work with a touchscreen. But because for it to be even mildly playable in a Android device Wurm would have had to be streamlined and optimized to a point near perfection, instead of the "even a high-end computer will struggle with wurm sometimes" we have now. And that's the only reason i'd like to see wurm even considered to a mobile use.

Unless they do something like LIF has, but since the crafting system is so different, idk.

Also comparing Microsoft to Code Club is laughable, really, specially when you think Code Club could beat a ongoing Microsoft project to the punch, with a late start. Yeah, that would happen.

Edited by KanePT

Would be nice to play it on my tablet so when I can't use my desktop I can use it on my tablet! Only thing is navigation and menus will be very hard to use and control on a touch screen!

How this for an option. Microsoft hires the code club. To make it happen. the club would not like the rules that Microsoft would put in place but after all Microsoft is after money and Wurm is the least greedy mmo I have ever seen.

You wont find it written anyplace but don't think there is not a connection between Wurm and Minecraft.

Post your links old and new of the connections. You will discover that there is a hidden pact between the two.

You may think they hate each other but its just for show. they are friends forever.

Maybe now that Minecraft is GONE they can use some of them billions as a donation to make wurm a stronger place.

Please Help Wurm be more of what it is.

Put away your pride and ask your friend for some of them billions. or at least one of them.

"I would like to go into Wurm and never to return."

Minecraft and Microsoft I don't care about.

Just use those billions to make wurm a better place. And bring my gnome back. I want my gnome.

Edited by Gramuly

PS. I have no clue what I am talking about!!

I come to Wurm to dream and dream I do.

I have long ago lost the connection that minecraft had to wurm. I don't know if the two programmers even are on speaking terms.

I do know that minecraft puts me to sleep while wurm I love.

That should have been my post. I love Wurm. I don't enjoy Minecraft.