Sign in to follow this  
solmark

New Port Benden are Recruiting

Port Benden as a village name has had a few iterations in Chaos and Celebration but we decided we wanted to find an Island where we could establish a village without boundaries and where we wouldn't bump in to other players. We chose to found this in South East Celebration and named the Island 'Awesome Isle", thus New Port Benden was founded on 11th February 2014.

Since that time we have been busy building a secure and protected central village area with everything you could possibly want or need, and then leave the rest of the island largely free to nature for villagers to do whatever takes their interest.

We are now looking to invite a small number of new villagers to share in our Island paradise. You don't need any special skills or experience to join us since between us we have virtually every major skill going to a very high level. All we ask is that you fully respect the rules of the game including your fellow villagers and contribute to the New Port Benden alliance which includes many villages around Celebration.

Edit: a link to some village images
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9C85A54039623DF9!190016&authkey=!AAvr6juI7VwnaF4&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

We will post some photos soon to help support this recruitment drive, but for now here is a summary:-

-Fully built village with every resource you could possibly want
-Established players who are friendly and experienced
-Large Island location close to Xanadu with plenty of scope to do whatever you want
-Dedicated Website for New Port Benden Alliance members at http://www.portbenden.co
-Existing players in US and UK timezones, Alliance members in other timezones
-Vibrant alliance membership but in a fairly remote location (Y44-48/X44-48)
-Get involved in projects, there is always something going on
-Immature freeloaders need not apply - nobody tells anyone what to do, but we expect you to at least add to the community
-Sound interesting? Please contact Solmark or Nomadikhan via the Wurm PM

Edited by solmark
  • Like 7

wurm.20150109.2118.jpg?psid=1

Yes indeedy, we've got a nice village built up and it's lonely... come have fun, raise those skills in a safe and fun environment!

In addition to what Solmark posted:

-Cathedral dedicated to Vynora, Fo, and Magranon.

-Full Arena with spectating levels for viewing as well as a 5x9 combat area.

-5x7 plots to call home and build any sort of house you'd like (we only ask no 10 story houses please)

-We are here to stay, you won't login to find yourself homeless or your belongings looted.

-Deed size permits safely keeping up to a maximum of 117 animals on deed.

-Deed is fully fenced in, it's safe to afk.

Current projects:

-building platforms in the sea for the upcoming release of bridges, goal is to link the island to the mainland

-working on Solmark's boatcave harbor

-being awesome.  Some jobs just never end ^.~

The only skill you will ever be asked to grind is your Fight Skill to 50. It's perfectly safe within the walls but the island is big and there are quite a few spawns (at least 4 known lairs).  You need to be able to protect yourself.  There are 4 guard towers on the island that can assist you as well.  There's no rush, can be done at your leisure.  (Nomad recommends gaining at least a 50 FS to anyone he meets so don't feel singled out)

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 3

This sounds cool, I may visit down there sometime. I am part of the alliance after all so why not! :D

• Like 3

For us vising we are a bit busy with other things but we will eventually get to visit the island!

Bump, still looking for people!  I can't believe everyone likes living in gridlocked deed against deed areas!

It's a large deed and I've just added 40s to the upkeep. We are serious about this Island of ours

Come join the fun!

• Like 2

Daily bump.  Still offering a nice quiet place with mature people to live in.

Sounds like a nice place to live...

I should stop by sometime.

-merp

• Like 2

Rawr!  Why no one like private island with pretty town?  Come, live here!

I may come check it out, I used to be part of storm winds. Logged in today and most of it is gone and is to much for me to rebuild with my limited playing time.

Thanks, Tc!

Gotten 3 players to join so far and they're having a blast.  All 3 were provided a set of 70ql armor, weapon, and shield.  They've got houses up, farms started, and are learning the ropes of wurm very well.

Come be part of a fun community of mature players that don't dictate.  Be part of something awesome!

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

This is a great place to learn worm and get your skills up. I'm not a noob and have been in a few villages, that being said I have really enjoyed being at New Port Benden. I have a house and farm plot already. If your looking for a village come check it out.

• Like 3