The painted sails and village emblems  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should we do it?

• Yea
    • No

+1 i want a rare red boat with black sails ^^

Dezzy   -    Affliction

• Like 1

how about, the art team draft up a selection of "emblems", maybe like start off at 10-20 different emblems, that players can craft in-game.... then those items can be attached to boats, much like a lock, or anchor, only it adds that emblem to a default location.

that emblem can also be placed on wagons, carts, doors, double doors?

the emblem can be made out of leather or cotton, and also require rope or something to attach it to said things such as wagons, carts, doors, double doors, boats?

these default locations would be multiple spots on boats? such as the sails? or the side of the boat?

carts, would be on both sides?

wagons, both sides?

doors, on the front and back of the door?

ofcourse, if its like a lock on doors, it wont be able to be removed unless its replaced with another emblem?

the mechanics are there, i think? i mean, the way it attachs mechanic is there, but i dont know about adding another spot as an attachment onto an already crafted item to show a design mechanic would work for wurm.

GOGO good idea!!?!

• Like 4

agree with the above - takes a similar idea and applies it to much more! Be nice to have all stuff a village own easily identified and branded! Village marketing at its best :) and would mean that players would want to protect their belongings! For example, imagine seeing your enemy after he runs around with your cart or on your boat, which has your emblem :)

• Like 1

+1 i want a rare red boat with black sails ^^

Dezzy   -    Affliction

Then I want a rare black boat with red sails ^^

how about, the art team draft up a selection of "emblems", maybe like start off at 10-20 different emblems, that players can craft in-game.... then those items can be attached to boats, much like a lock, or anchor, only it adds that emblem to a default location.

that emblem can also be placed on wagons, carts, doors, double doors?

the emblem can be made out of leather or cotton, and also require rope or something to attach it to said things such as wagons, carts, doors, double doors, boats?

these default locations would be multiple spots on boats? such as the sails? or the side of the boat?

carts, would be on both sides?

wagons, both sides?

doors, on the front and back of the door?

ofcourse, if its like a lock on doors, it wont be able to be removed unless its replaced with another emblem?

the mechanics are there, i think? i mean, the way it attachs mechanic is there, but i dont know about adding another spot as an attachment onto an already crafted item to show a design mechanic would work for wurm.

GOGO good idea!!?!

Yes, exactly like in Uncharted Waters Online where they allow you to paint both your sails and ship using various different patterns, as well as allowing you to attach emblems of different colors.

Some examples of what's possible:

nHBPyh1.jpg

59dEyGj.png

rmj8aT8.png

• Like 2

I would like to be able to upload player made gifs of Alliance emblems or Coat of Arms etc. At least be able to put them on flags, banners, tapestries. Other applications as well such as ship sails.

Edited by Araninke
  • Like 1

Emblems on shields, wagons, sails, shirts and jackets, signs, flags, emblems everywhere where possible :) Btw, stronghold online has pretty neet system of making amblems by combining premade heraldy elements on empty field, some of that elements requires to be unlocked...

Edited by kochinac

+1 to the idea.

I don't see this very likely being done unfortunately, last I checked even having uniquely colored BSBs/FSBs/trash heaps/etc was becoming too much for Wurm (in their eyes).

As always Im for it... game tracks kingdom of player ownership of ships... yadda yadda.

as long as it can be custom, I dont want to have to pick through a bunch of garbage graphics. I like the ones I make.

UrcU4BL.jpg

Edited by sunsvortex

Big Bump! Im really missing this from the game! I would even pay silver just to set up a  village emblem. And you could state that the village has to be at least a year old before you could get an emblem.

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHA brought back so many good memories seeing those shots from UWO 💖💖💖💖💖💖