Sign in to follow this  
Garit

A small game Enhancement

Greetings Lords and Ladies of Wurm...

I have a small game enhancement idea i would like to run by you all...

To start off i would just like to say that the Fog in-game is amazing...the Snow looks great and so does the lightning and the Thunder sounds are great also.

Now to the idea....the Rain....the rain is good and rain sounds are also very good But....in a Thunder storm with the sounds and Lightning, the rain is the same.

I think making the rain better in a thunder storm (or making more rain) and adding reduced visual range using the Fog ...say 25% or a sort of mist and more wind sounds would make the game feel more atmospheric.

Mixing 25% Fog with the rain we have x3 or even x5 would do the trick then add-on some more wind and we are done. ;)

And in the winter the Dev's could do the same with a Snow storm or 2.....Snow we have now x3 + 3% Fog and added wind would be great.

Most weather effects in Wurm are great...i love them but when it comes down to Thunder storms and Winter (with no snow storms)...well i just think the game would be so much better with a little tweak here and there.

The code is already in-game to add this (apart from a new storm wind sound) so if added it should not be hard to do.

Well guys there is it...what do you think ?

• Like 5

I'm all for anything that adds more atmosphere to the game, especialy weather that can hinder visibility. ;)

Big +1 from me!

It's a nice idea, but I'd really much rather they stop it raining and snowing inside first.  If 3 floors and a roof above you aren't enough to keep the weather out, I don't know what is!

• Like 3

+1 for more weather effects and as Pandalet said, would be nice if the roofs were not just decorations.

+1 for me, weather adds so much immersion to a game. A real rain storm with both heavy visual rain and sound effects would be wonderful. Extreme snow storms would also be a welcome addition. 

Have seen some really cool effects from others games that would make a welcome part of wurm online.

Cheers

i don't care about weather effects. i would like to see that the weather affects you  ;)

• Like 1

+1 to more weather effects, weather effecting you and roofs that don't leak.

+1, and not sure this is the place to mention it..but i badly want FOG MONSTERS.  whenever it fogs over a new mob emerges for that time.  imagine the fun of having to run in inside until the fog passes, or you are out roaming an the thick fog sets in..you know what's next..or  or..out sailing.

• Like 2

i don't care about weather effects. i would like to see that the weather affects you  ;)

This is exactly how i feel, for me theres no point in having different weathers if they dont do anything.

Add temperatures, please.

Also liked greasygrundles idea about fog monsters.

Lovely idea Garit, +1 (I'd also like weather have effects on players but that's another chapter, lets start with the visuals allready).

• Like 1

I'd like both more weather and weather that has impact on gameplay. I want to need a good overcoat to wear out into the rain to avoid getting sick and I want to get frostbite walking through snow.

• Like 1

Sure add this but only if it comes with the ability to turn off all weather effects. Also tag onto the bill that Wurm can be set to any season permanently. Then for me it will be summer all year long. The Endless Summer without the travel. This way each player can set weather and seasons as they wish.

=Ayes=

Only thing i DESPISE on the weather effects... IS that it rain and snows INDOORS with or without roof. Even on the bottom floor of a multi-story house it will rain.

Sure add this but only if it comes with the ability to turn off all weather effects. Also tag onto the bill that Wurm can be set to any season permanently. Then for me it will be summer all year long. The Endless Summer without the travel. This way each player can set weather and seasons as they wish.

=Ayes=

Well .....as i can see a lot of players want new thing.....apart for what i posted....this was about adding to the weather system to make it more atmospheric.

As for making Weather effect players and ...to stop weather entering building through floors and roofs.....well don't get me wrong yes i want that to but they really should be posted as new idea's

I would class the "Weather entering the buildings" as a bug....even if it's not.....sort of an "unfinished" part of the game.....which i know they will get to at some point.

As for the "Weather should have dome sort of effect on player" ....that's a totally new idea that should be in it's own post which i would back as soon as i saw it.

But my idea would not take much to add in....no reworking code or making new code and i think would add to the game.

+1  Blizard's and sand storms (you left out the desert man  :P )

• Like 1

Why? Nope, seasons are awesome as they are. Wurm needs is some more stuff linked to seasons. Like some fruits would be ripe in spring, others in autumn. maple sap would be ripe at summer. Sprouts all round on spring. Etc, etc.

Why have an ability to turn off weather effects and fix them to the season of choice in player settings? Mmm, because then you can have yours display as you wish, I can have mine display as I wish and others can have theirs display as they wish. More to the question of why would be, why not let others have their own choice instead of yours.

I can enter my mine caves and they are nice and smooth since I can set them to low detail. Same concept applies here, I would think. Just tack this switch onto the proposed bill of the OP, sort of like congress does in US.

=Ayes=

Why have an ability to turn off weather effects and fix them to the season of choice in player settings? Mmm, because then you can have yours display as you wish, I can have mine display as I wish and others can have theirs display as they wish. More to the question of why would be, why not let others have their own choice instead of yours.

I can enter my mine caves and they are nice and smooth since I can set them to low detail. Same concept applies here, I would think. Just tack this switch onto the proposed bill of the OP, sort of like congress does in US.

=Ayes=

-1 to this but +2 to OP