Sign in to follow this  
geodripp

Toolbelt not saving [Solved]

I seem to have this issue where slot three and four of my toolbelt no longer save. Slot 1,2,5,6 are unaffected. This started after I emptied my inventory about a week ago.

I have tried to save the loadout and when I log back in later and attempt to reload the specific loadout it still is unable to recall the items. 

One is from my backpack, a butchering knife, the other is my equiped sword.

Are you sure the items are in your inventory and backpack? Because removing and re-adding items can make it disappear from the tool belt. I personally don't use the tool belt because I have quick access to the inventory and we also have the backpack button on the quick bar. Try moving the items around on the tool belt and see if the same ones or different ones disappear.

Ill try moving them around as you suggested.

------

Okay I tried to move them; that did not help. I found the source of the problem though. I had moved my Wurm data to my program files. On windows 8 you need to give things administrative access to write to files in that directory and I had forgotten to run it as administrator.

Each time I would change my toolbelt the settings would not save because java did not have permission to write there I guess. I have solved the problem, thanks for the reply though! :)

Edited by geodripp
  • Like 1

Its good you figured it out, others should know about this if they are using Windows 8 if they are having the same issue! :D