Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

snow on roofs

simple as hedges with snow or trees :D

will give more natural look of houses at winter stage

edit:  would be great to see snow on tower guards too!!!

Edited by RockyBalboa
  • Like 15

To add to this, no snow in buildings!  Thanks!

• Like 8

Well, it's not *on* the roof because it's *under* the roof of course ;)

+1, put it on top where it belongs.

• Like 1

I imagine it would take a serious amount of collision coding to stop snowflakes from going through the roof...

But changing the roof textures to be snow covered during winter shouldnt be difficult and I would also like the aesthetic value :)

+1

The server can already tell when your in a house. All they need to do is turn off the weather option when your indoors.  Watching it rain inside my house is really lame.

+1

but eyerobot, it's not really that simple because you still want to see it rain or snow when you look out the window. They would have to implement clipping in the weather effects, which I guess degrades performance and is a bit more work to implement. 

Could do like Minecraft and make snow and rain come down in columns over each tile. Then you could make it not snow or rain indoors.

The rumor is no weather indoors is coming right after bridges and the new pvp server. Now go spread it, so I can laugh.

Great idea, it'd be as easy as changing the texture for the ground was, chuck it in with the winter time graphics update.

As for the indoor rain problem... I think I'll try become a fish with my next yellow potion to combat the issue...

• Like 1

The server can already tell when your in a house. All they need to do is turn off the weather option when your indoors.  Watching it rain inside my house is really lame.

After multistorey was introduced, for a period of time I noticed that precipitation would not be visible on the first floor of a building. Any other floors above did see rain and snow, though.

Something happened a few months back (maybe even a year now) that made precipitation show inside the first floor again.

As for staying on topic with OP, I only give it a +1 because I recognize it would bring more "immersion" to the game world. As for my personal, selfish reasons, I'd give it a -1 because I do not enjoy the winter textures of Wurm at all. Preferably, I wish season graphics were optional, so everyone gets to enjoy it the way they like it. It doesn't affect me if [player x] plays with the seasonal packs, just like it doesn't affect [player x] if I play all year round with the "summer" season graphic pack (which is how we all used to play anyway). 

I'd say aye to snow on my roof instead of inside my house! :)

Also, would be nice if roofs actually kept the darn rain out! XD

The rumor is no weather indoors is coming right after bridges and the new pvp server. Now go spread it, so I can laugh.

On behalf of Epic. You can go burn in hell. That's not funny. That's not funny at all. *sobs*

• Like 1

I don't know how wurm works or what part of the code it is. But what I think that as the buildings wall is on the tile, they could just add few... lines of code to make it so that rain and snow won't go on the tile, so basically straight cut that no rain or snow in that tile but on the next free one, wouldn't look nice from close but easy way, and snow on the roof should too be simple as it's a .png I guess :D Feel free to write and essay about how it goes.