Sign in to follow this  
Malena

What are the coolest community projects/events Wurm has ever seen?

Remember someone was doing the 'deal or no deal' game.  Also any spur of the moment corpse recovery missions might be relevant, although the planning element is more of an ad hoc type process.

It's always nice to see projects I was a part of being mentioned. That loom push was awesome :)

Yeah having my events mentioned here after all the years makes me happy too, these memories are bringing a smile into my face. :)

My life just has changed alot since my last fighting tournament. Wurm is just not possible for me atm. But maybe there will be one again.

We had a few public in game auctions at Busan over the last year- first one was well attended- last ones- not so much. But it was fun.

Even though this ties into Willow's Impalong and I was only there for a short time.

The huge line of collosi at festival cove, is pretty awesome.

We are pretty proud of our colossus we dedicated to Dakota and we the 3 of us whipped up a Obelisk yesterday.

My time zone doesn't cater for wurm events, they are always happening while im asleep, eg unique killing or even event at impalong/halloweens.

This post is look. Perhaps grounds for a vid eg showing the colossi at festival cove or chess sets

I wouldnt consider the destruction of Sparta in my top list as it's a black page in Chaos History. But most wardeed constructions in Chaos surpass any freedom project in intensity.

• Like 1

I argue a massively cool community project was the Mongol Empire in its entirety. Along with the raid on Avarga (what was that like 100+ people in one place?)

Second, the warzone between PIZZA and Our Wall was pretty cool. A lot of time was dedicated into making those places strongholds.

A third and final amazing project would have to be Kyara honestly, I think it is still one of the most intimidating structures in Wurm.

But part of me still really likes Hells Kitchen and Sealand, a lot of work was done to make those island deeds out in the ocean.

My prespective comes mostly from PvP servers, so if there are Freedom servers that have better things, I had no idea.

Edited by FranktheTank

not the newest one, but atleast something that shows the scale on which we are working on for a part of the mags scar :P

RePalO7.jpg

• Like 1

Holy moly! I was almost about to give up in this thread because in my original post I'd asked for stuff APART from impalongs and road projects - and what were the first responses? Impalongs and road projects ;-). I'm glad I checked back!

bwg: Thanks for the loom push link! I remember the Factional fight brothers talking about it in many of their videos but I'd never seen any pictures etc. So funny!

Aeris: Treasure hunts are the perfect match for Wurm. In what other MMO can you a) lay something on the ground B) and have it not decay within minutes or hours! (UO comes close but if I remember right even there stuff decays in 2 hours)

Brash_Endevours: Thanks for those links!

Ayes: Aye, true. It's a shame since the game otherwise is like the perfect tool for creating events due to being able to build and set things on the ground.

Raybarg: Thanks. A shame the images don't load - but still cool to see an old wurm devs blog like that. I like the look and feel they used for the page too. So warm and inviting!

Dorian and Jaz: Those chess sets are AMAZING! Now that's the kind of stuff I want to see :). Try doing THAT in WoW.

Snowtech: Creating quests is a wonderful example, thanks for linking!

pugwash: Although I initially thought that "building villages or houses together" would not be special enough to mention to my friend, I have to say that stadium is a special case. Wow.

Xallo: Thanks for linking the Halloween event, some great pictures in that thread!

Miretta: Oh my god, the amount of surface mining is mind boggling!

Suddenly remember back in the days sermons could only be held with same deity followers listening... and I was participating in Magranonian sermon with my priest when some people got this idea we should take our pitchforks and torches and march to nearby Vynora sermon.

Back in those days when Independence was the only pve server, these sermons were big community events, usually having 10-20 people participating.

So we had quite a big march to the Vyn sermon, which was having alot of people aswell, and we were casting firepillars everywhere, setting the place on fire... spreading Magranon statuettes all over the place and dropping alt corpses which had funny Vynora-diminishing names.

It was great fun and complete surprise to the Vynorian priests and followers... I dont have any screenshots from that day, but its possible someone who participated would have some and could perhaps share.

you said no highways, not sure about things that just happened in collaboration with a Highway :)

pKwAn15.jpg

sadly have no good pictures of the inn itself...should change that at some point...but it was a sideproject of the scar and made on the platform the other screenshot was made from :) kinda old castle ruins on top of a mountain, made by the scar workers in just a few weeks of hardcore working and planning :D including the ramp hammered into stone

• Like 1

Back in those days when Independence was the only pve server, these sermons were big community events, usually having 10-20 people participating.

That makes it sound so sad lol, big community events with 10-20 people :P Wurm needs more people!

Fellow BLE, I am disappointed by the lack of Zerus raid in this thread.

Zerus is the capital of JKE, a coastal city that boasts some impressive dirt walls (721 slope on water level). It had this nickname "The unbreakable clam", and it being the capital and all it had some great loot (all JK artifacts!) inside.

When crates were added we finally had a feasible way to transport the dirt required to build a ramp up their walls. So a few months later we sail up 3 caravels (IIRC the names were "CLAM BREAKER" "CLAM SHATTERER" and "CLAM FISHER" or something) filled with dirt (approx 45k dirt), and some knarrs containing the actual fighters. We pushed the caravels to their positions beneath the Zerus wall and then we started dropping dirt like mad. Once the few JK that were online saw that their effort to keep the wall wasn't much use they stopped. Regardless though I am proud to have been part of that teamwork effort, I don't think I've seen better coordination in a big raid in my time in Wurm. IIRC we actually managed to breach the wall (i.e. have our people inside the walls) within 30 minutes or so, which consider its height is pretty damn fast!

pics:

eJoYZ.jpg

eJp2v.jpg

eJp3D.jpg

eJp4v.jpg

eJp5h.jpg

eJp5L.jpg

eJp6n.jpg

P.S. Shortly afterwards Rolf nerfed the maximum slope at which you can drop dirt before it starts flowing down. To this day it remains a mystery whether this is related to the Zerus raid.

• Like 7