Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

New Spell: Lurker in the Streets

Lurker in the Streets would be a spell that ONLY works on PvE servers.  It can function 3 different ways:

1. When cast on a pendulum, it gives you messages that indicate how far away from any settlements you are.  This is the idea use for those wanting to find a place far away from anyone else.

2. When cast on the ground, it reveals names of settlements within the nearby area (~100 tile radius).

3. When cast on one of the celestial bodies, you get a pop-up text box, where you can enter a settlement name, then a small dark cloud appears over that settlement (think Legend of the Seeker).  Cloud lasts for 1 hour and is only visible to you.  Don't want hundreds of little clouds everywhere...

Yep yep, I know - we may not want our secrecy revealed!  I have seen the requests to have all deeds on the map and agree. We have a right to our privacy, so in deed settings, we get a new option to ENABLE our deed to be found.  This option is off by default, so anyone that is on vacation when this new spell is added won't get mad.

However, For spell use #1 (pendulum), the deed option makes no difference.  Your pendulum doesn't reveal deed names, only if there is one near.

I think it should be a simple spell to cast and not require a ton of favor.  Also think it would be nice for all priests.

Does this make travel too easy? I am inclined to say no.  I think it just offers a nice assist, when traveling to see our friends, or to help make trades go a little smoother.  Or simply because you are lost and have absolutely no idea where to go it happens to us all, right?

Cast on Pendulum - Cast strength determines how far you can 'see' with it and degrades with use.

You enter specific deed name (they have to enable it in deed settings to be found) and it tells you which direction and roughly how far. (Nearby, a days walk, far, etc).

I think that would work better...as lawurm already pointed out the Vyn spell.

Difference with the reveal settlements spell is, that Wurmhole's idea would be usable by everyone, not just by priests (while priests would have their action in this still).

Difference with the reveal settlements spell is, that Wurmhole's idea would be usable by everyone, not just by priests (while priests would have their action in this still).

Have not tried but is this spell not cast-able on to a pendulum?