Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Keybindings Improvement

I think it would be nice if we could have a way to where we can have a single key to do more than one kind of action.

For example, I have my main "action" keybind, F, and I typically bind it to whatever I'm currently working on, such as MINE_FORWARD, CUT_DOWN, or DIG.

It would be nice I could, for example, have F bound to all of the above commands at once; or G to both Target and Activate.

I think it could work via the following command (or could be replaced with and, even):

Command:

bind <Key> <ACTION 1> or <ACTION 2> or <ACTION 3>

Examples:

Bind G TARGET or ACTIVATE

Bind F MINE_FORWARD or CUT_DOWN or DIG

It would make sense, in my head, to have digging and mining being bound at the same time because you can't mine with a shovel, or dig with a pickaxe. It simply would require you to have the tool activated for whichever bind you're currently trying to do, as it does now.

Any comments?

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 9

I had thought of that too, that it would pick from the list you input depending on the tool you had activated.

• Like 1

It's a good idea, but there are some other, more extensive keybinding setups/patterns you can make use of (I don't know about them specifically, I just saw this thread, read a little bit, and was impressed.)

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/76025-darays-keyboard-guide/

Edit: One example specifically in the above thread was creating different templates of keybinds that you could switch between; i.e. having separate keybind commands for smithing, terraforming, mining, etc., depending on which template you were using (which could be activated using a keybind.)

It's some pretty cool stuff..

Edited by Fireflyb
  • Like 1

Yes, that's possible I know, but I'm just thinking it'd be much simpler to allow us multiple commands per key, rather than limiting us to one. :)

+1 i would love this since i dual client all the time for me to just use the same key bind while switching to each clients doing two different things :)

• Like 1

+1

There are some specialty gaming keyboards and mice on the market that can be programmed to do this, but they tend to be expensive, and their software can be somewhat annoying. This is a great alternative.

I"ve been asking for something like this forever. I'd like to see the following for keybinding:

1. Bind multiple actions to queue when a single key is pressed. This will send a series of binds to the client. Bascily its the same thing as the logtech G-key macro's people use.

Example:

Bind 1 ACTIVATE_TOOL1, IMPROVE, REPAIR

Bind 2 ACTIVATE_TOOL2, IMPROVE, REPAIR

Bind 3 ACTIVATE_TOOL3, IMPROVE, REPAIR

Bind 4 ACTIVATE_TOOL4, IMPROVE, REPAIR

Bind 5 ACTIVATE_TOOL5, IMPROVE, REPAIR

2. Standard action: When you make a tool active the most common action you do with that tool is set to standard action. For example, make a rake active and it's set to "FARM". There would be a user configurable list client side so we can change what actions are default for tools.

3. last action: send the last keybind

I did make a tool that kinda works and I"m still using it today.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/98171-keybind-simplification-tool/