Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Giant Stone Wall

The difference between the wall types here would be that this wall you would be able to walk along the top of the wall. Think great wall of china for deed borders :D. Mats would require 3x the amount as tall stone plus maybe mortar ?

• Like 8

Would have to take up the tile rather than the tile border. Would be cool to have actual battlements rather than just the roof of a longhouse.

make them 2 house units tall. Then you can either build 1x1(by 2 high) access buildings, or make a 1x1(by 2 high) stone staircase, that can be rotated for the proper alignment with the wall.

Have it use the same type of interface as the bridges on the test server.  Plan the wall using the same tools. There could be variable height choices, and even materials (rock, slate, marble...). Then fill in all the parts in stages.  There would be two wall phases, filler stage, and a top paving stage.

great idea +1 i suggested something like this once. i also would suggest multi-story for loose walls, or maybe just for these "giant stone walls"

Would need to last longer than longhouses under bombardment.

Really liking the ideas coming to add to this :).

I agree with the one or bigger tile wide to make it walkable. I would think 2 so cart/wagon wouldn't have any issues.

I feel it should be a 1 tile block. These can be used for various construction purposes. For example city walls or bridge pillars.

Its like making a mold with bricks and then pour concrete in it. 

(Should also be a dirt version of it. So u can make 1 tile dirt pillars for bridges.)

e05e34da02.jpg

9018a12a73.jpg

Edited by krinos78
  • Like 3

We have talked about adding some kind of bigger stone wall so maybe you will see one soon.

• Like 7

The one cool thing I think would be able like suggested above is to use it as marble/slate as the base instead of just basic stone because of how big it is and the size would fit something more like that.

+1 and:

We have talked about adding some kind of bigger stone wall so maybe you will see one soon.

w00t!

How would this be different than using long 2-story stone houses? Now that we've got plain stone walls, plain stone portcullises, and parapets, we can already make tile-sized stone walls that can be walked on.

The only difference I can think of is the limit on house size.

From Wox brief comment I would guess that this "bigger" stone wall would just be larger in dimensions and not walkable upon, nor taking up one whole tile for each section. Otherwise yes, a longhouse of 1 or 2 stories currently serves this purpose just as well.

=Ayes=