Sign in to follow this  
Clatius

I Want My Gametime Back

I'm really getting tired of being disconnected and then getting nothing for it. Today in a ten minute period I go booted seven times and the last time I couldn't even log on. I don't give a hoot about sleep bonus. I paid for gametime and I want it back. Even free accounts get sleep bonus so it's no compensation for paying customers. Even worse is when I get killed because of this. Then not only do I lose gametime but I also lose experience and maybe even valuable possessions. 

• Like 1

You sure that the issues weren't on your end? I didn't experience such issues.

• Like 3

I can send u an euro if that makes u happy?

1 rupee

• Like 1

Not the only person this is happening to. I get DCed from wurm alot... Then again my internet provider is pretty bad.

If you're getting booted constantly (like, every minute), there's a problem with how your computer is handling the game or your internet provider or both. But I would suspect your computer.  My work comp can't run Wurm because it uses a crappy Intel card and it's not worth the fight between drivers and settings to get it to work at anything approaching stable. My gaming rig at home is a smooth sailing experience. I disconnect every now and again (three times maybe in a couple of weeks) but my internet provider has a tendency to do this to me when I'm not playing anything at all, so I don't blame Wurm for it. 

And I want a Bugatti Veyron guess what neither on eof us are getting what we want :lol:

• Like 1

the roads are terrible out here, i demand a ferrari.

• Like 1

Yes, roads are bad. Gimme one of these and you could be in my friends list for a week.

zZipKYq.jpg

I'm getting the server lag quite a bit.. and It can't be me, or entirely.   I'l have 2 characters logged into the same server at the same time.  One function perfectly normal while the other lags to hell and back.  Relogging or logging one off doesn't fix the issue... for me it's almost directly related to which character I'm on.  Nomad lags crazy, but none of my alts have the issue... ever.

Really seems to be something on their end, if it was my end then all my toons would be lagging.

• Like 1

My first reaction is the same as everyone else but I cant deny that like Nomadikhan I have the same issue.

I have one alt that no matter how well my main is running when I log it on I will crash out at least 2-5 times in 10 minutes.

I have another alt I run a lot and it never crashes, so been wondering what that's all about.

I run 2 clients at all times and never had a problem til I started my latest alt.

All of you going "oh gee not one of these topics again" should try thinking about that for a bit. Why do these topics keep popping up? - Because it's never fixed. Get Rolf to fix it and you won't see these threads as often.

• Like 6

You sure that the issues weren't on your end? I didn't experience such issues.

Edited by Dairuka

I was afraid to share about my disconnects until I heard that other people have them. I have disconnects. There, I feel better.

sometimes reverting back to an older version of java helps (I always delay updating mine for atleast a month!) then you should check settings of your firewall, graphic card driver updates etc.

I'm getting the server lag quite a bit.. and It can't be me, or entirely.   I'l have 2 characters logged into the same server at the same time.  One function perfectly normal while the other lags to hell and back.  Relogging or logging one off doesn't fix the issue... for me it's almost directly related to which character I'm on.  Nomad lags crazy, but none of my alts have the issue... ever.

Really seems to be something on their end, if it was my end then all my toons would be lagging.

This...

Its not really people's computers, but how wurm works. I usually play with 2-3 characters at the same time, and i don't think i ever got all my characters dcd all at once, except for actual servers going down. Plus whenever that happens it seems to always be one particular char, while the others stay online, although its not always the same char, so its not down to particulars on client settings. Wurm is simply poorly optimized, and simply crashes wildly.

Many other people experience simmilar absurd problems, like not being able to log in a particular character in a zone with more than x players in local, while being able to do it with other characters.

No, it's not on my end. When I play EVE or WoW I get a disconnect very very rarely. When I play WURM it's very very often. If it's my end I'd get disconnected from other online games as often as I do with WURM. Doesn't happen. So if your Ferrari stops running ten times a day and your 1962 VW never stops running maybe it's not the road, maybe it's your Ferrari. Duh.

The people who think it's never WURM's fault somehow think WURM is the only online game people ever play. That kind of narrow thinking never gets anything fixed. 

Edited by Clatius

No, it's not on my end. When I play EVE or WoW I get a disconnect very very rarely. When I play WURM it's very very often. If it's my end I'd get disconnected from other online games as often as I do with WURM. Doesn't happen. So if your Ferrari stops running ten times a day and your 1962 VW never stops running maybe it's not the road, maybe it's your Ferrari. Duh.

The people who think it's never WURM's fault somehow think WURM is the only online game people ever play. That kind of narrow thinking never gets anything fixed.

The other games you mentioned don't run through Java. I can play any online game, other than wurm, at maximum settings. I occasionally have to make adjustments on my end to play wurm.

The other games you mentioned don't run through Java. I can play any online game, other than wurm, at maximum settings. I occasionally have to make adjustments on my end to play wurm.

*Quietly plays multiplayer Minecraft on another screen, while Wurm disconnects/reconnects, whistling all the while.*

Edited by Dairuka