Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

wait... Christmas ended?

I was surprised to log in and see a message that Christmas was over.  Sadly, I had not put up my tree yet and checked for gifts.  I had just assumed it would run through the end of December, or we would at least get a warning message somewhere, like the "server is shutting down" or maybe email?

Anyway, I vote for an extension to the end of December :)

• Like 8

Yes. Normal proceedings is to get rid of your Christmas tree on January 6;  the date The Epiphany or Twelfth Night happens  according to Google translate.

Around here we just call this date Three Kings and it's the moment where you decide to either have an annoying evergreen in your garden because you are too much of a softy to throw away a tree or you are a douchebag that has thrown out a tree on the 30th of December to have wankers use it as kindle to set cars ablaze.

So, in any case: Christmas doesn't end before a reckoning has happened between the hippies and the hooligans. And that date is January 6.

Edited by Dame
  • Like 2

Is santa online or already gone? Because, when i log 23.december he wasnt there yet! Next i went to holiday and now i see this , iam not very happy. 

Horrible, considering this is a swedish game it should let us keep christmas spirit till (20th day)  Saint Knuts day, the 13th January
This is the day we traditionally dance out the Christmas and then throw out the tree.

Edited by Cecci

My Christmas tree is still there, but it looks like the presents are done.

No more snow? Nice. Logging in and looking at snow while it's 45C outside gets old pretty quick.

• Like 1

A bit of a shame. Quite a few people will miss out on the gifts unless its extended a bit.

At least the impalong(s) was great though! :)

Edited by syncaidius
  • Like 1

I am lucky as I got mine, but many people travel to family for a couple days and cannot log in on such a brief window.

Christmas should last at least 12 days - better yet, publicize the window. Other MMOs will say specifically what dates their holiday events will run. Wurm should follow suit to prevent this situation in the future.

I got my present 3 days before Christmas so unless you didn't play for like 10 days no one to blame but YOURSELF!

No more snow? Nice. Logging in and looking at snow while it's 45C outside gets old pretty quick.

You had snow? I didn't see any snow for Christmas.

Was able to make a snowman on the grass though.

Was it just me?

I got my present 3 days before Christmas so unless you didn't play for like 10 days no one to blame but YOURSELF!

Aye, I picked up one on Christmas Eve. Tried on another account on Boxing day and couldn't get one then, so it wasn't just Christmas day, but it stopped after then.

Horrible, considering this is a swedish game it should let us keep christmas spirit till (20th day)  Saint Knuts day, the 13th January

This is the day we traditionally dance out the Christmas and then throw out the tree.

I didn't know us nuts had a Saint :P

Log entries (I happened to be logged in when the start and end events occurred):

2014-12-23 - [11:00:05] Merry Christmas!

2014-12-29 - [00:01:12] Christmas is over!

Time are North American Eastern time zone.

• Like 1

I've been caught out on the short xmas period before so made special arrangements to get my gift on xmas eve.

It'd be nice if the period was a little longer.

I am very disappointed that I have missed my x-mas gift. as x-mas is a busy time of year and I was unable to claim a gift :-( I can't even find someone selling one :-(