Sign in to follow this  
Isleana_AgateKeep

Tile too decorated with 2 armour stands

Hello :)

What happened : When I tried to push/pull a coffer onto a tile that already had a coffer and two armor stands I got the message "That place is too littered with decorations already." The spot I'm trying to decorate only has about 7 items on it, second floor with 2 planted bsbs under it and a few other items. Same with any other item I tried to put onto the tile (a small colorful carpet and bear rug). When I tried to 'work around it' by unloading items from a cart directly onto the tile the items would unload, but now I can't pull anything off the tile. Then because the carts glitch through the floor when you embark them it's nearly impossible to clear the tile.

What I expected : I had hoped I could just pull a coffer and some armor stands onto the floor edge

To reproduce : Have a coffer and two armor stands on a tile then try to add another of anything. Push/pull or unload from a cart. Not sure if it being on a second floor, or a woodplank floor would make a difference.

How much is on the floor below?   If you remove any items from below, can you put your stand on the second floor as desired?

There is two (planted) bsbs, a floor loom, candelabra and one large chest on the first floor.

When I cleared out the area underneath I still could not move anything in this one spot. Everywhere else that doesn't have armor stands or coffers is ok

I've had this problem with various items and I just gave up eventually. The decoration restrictions are so arbitrary and you never really know which items it applies to before you've gone through the whole trial and error deal. I couldn't even make a snowman on the same tile as a lamp.

I think the best thing would be to remove the weird restrictions on placing decorations tbh because I don't think this is a bug, I think they're poorly thought-through restrictions.

Hey :D It works now, not sure what fixed it but I can move items onto the tile now and take them off :3 yaaay. So that's good news right Aeris? Less décor problems ^_^ and come on, don't give up ;p Can't improve a game if all the players grumble to themselves without offering a few suggestions of improvement.

Ty to all who responded to my thread :)