Sign in to follow this  
kaizoo

Starting a new secondary deed, sort of outpost. questions about security and management :)

Hey Wurmers!

Got a question about a secondary settlement we're about to put up. Basically what i want to do is have a deed that every villager in my current deed could enter this second settlement and pretty much have permissions to do everything around there (farm, craft, use boxes, beds, storage etc.), without them being actual members of the deed.

What i think i need to do is:

- Fully wall in the settlement with walls.

- Make entrances with "gatehouses" (one tile buildings). Then i lock said gatehouses and give my villagers writ permission to enter the houses, so they can get inside the deed.

- Put lots of stuff for visitors to be allowed on the deed  permissions (aside from destroy houses, fences and plan building)

Is there anything other special stuff involved in creating such a space? Any hidden permission setting that could potentially make the deed exploitable? :)

Thanks,

Kai

You don't need walls.

You can use roles settings to create a new role for a named deed, and then give that role whatever permissions you want.

Look at the bottom of the new role column and you will see the box to put the deed name in.

You can give permissions only to people belonging to a specific deed (in this case your main deed).

On permissions page just create a new role and on the settlement field add your main settlement name; this way all villagers will get the permissions of that role (and noone else).

Yep, giving permissions only to citizens of a certain deed would be the easiest way. You could always go the wall and gatehouse route if you feel like building!

Go with both options if you want an awesome deed with proper permissions :D

i might just go with the gatehouse and walled in strategy, since i've got like 11k bricks and mortar just waiting to get burned :P

Yep, giving permissions only to citizens of a certain deed would be the easiest way. You could always go the wall and gatehouse route if you feel like building!

You cannot give permission to a single citizens you give permission to all members of that deed, so indeed a dangerous method to use if you have not fully trusted villagers.

You need to consider what permissions you give to that deed because all guest you invite to that deed get that permission despite their role. My advice is only to give strong permission one way and use the alt deed to invite guests.

If on PvE server you can use houses to restrict access and keep your values inside locked houses as long you don't hand out destroy permission to anyone...

Hey Wurmers!

Got a question about a secondary settlement we're about to put up. Basically what i want to do is have a deed that every villager in my current deed could enter this second settlement and pretty much have permissions to do everything around there (farm, craft, use boxes, beds, storage etc.), without them being actual members of the deed.

Reading your desires here all you need to do is make that new deed an "Ally" (allied to) your main deed. Then set the permissions on the new deed for allies to do all the things upon that deed that you want the citizens of your main deed to be able to do. Pretty simple really, since you want *all* your current citizens to be able to do most everything on the new deed. Just review the allied settings as there might be a few, like bashing down house walls, that you might still want to restrict. Then on your main deed settings, remove all options for allies to be able to do anything and your citizen rights will remain in effect there, should you choose in the future to make anyone a citizen of your new deed other than the mayor.

This is the way most people (myself) enable themselves to work on a second deed that they alone control, as well as the main deed with no citizens on it, since they can pretty much trust to put themselves into this position. Also they don't want to be in an alliance with anyone else, other than their own deeds, otherwise other members of the alliance might perform unwanted actions there.

Oh, and to make your new deed allied you the mayor click the mayor of the new deed and invite him to join your (new) alliance. He accepts and the game assigns your new alliance a jumbled combination of your two deed names, which later under alliances you can change to whatever you like. Being you have started this invitation makes you the controller of this alliance as well.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes