Sign in to follow this  
PsMaster

Bridge testing experience

So today I had a few hours of free time and throught I'd go check out the test server and help out by doin' some tests with bridges, here's what I noticed:

Pros:

• Extra options for bridge tools, some basic materials and tools in the testing menu
  • Body stats finally get set to at least 45

Cons / missing stuff:

• Requires tons of time to prepare the terrain
  • Bridges require A LOT of materials to build even a single section, especially longer/bigger ones
  • No creatures to help out testing (horses, enemies or whatever)

Summary / suggestions:

If the server is supposed to be available for public testing, why make it so dificult to test it? It requires a few hours just get everything prepared for testing and then you don't even have the "stuff" or people to help you out testing anything. I understand that the test server is supposed to be as close to the real server as possible (maybe for code migration or other reasons), but people are never goin'g to spend hours of their time just to build a single bridge and run arround it. Make it so that the bridge or whatever the current test subject is, is easy to build/test, why require all the materials or timers and waste all of our time, just set up some dificulty variable maybe?. Allow more freedom for players who are testing it, people who are interested in helping out usually have at least some wurm gaming experience, know what to expect and won't break the rules and just in case, there's allways a ban. And for the better of it all, it's a test server, can always roll back or reset, maybe just make a sepparate role that has powers like a GM to instantly spawn stuff/teleport etc. or even better, make it so we can switch from a GM to normal mode for testing. Both parties would be happy, you get bugs reported, people get fun while testing and don't spend hours wasting their time.

• Like 5

Do you know if a boat can sail through the Bridges or not ??

Good question, didn't feel like spending 5 hours building a boat and a bridge over water... or multiple heights to test whats the minimum if it's possible.