Sign in to follow this  
Horsch

chat tab options/colors

chat tab options/colors  

5 members have voted

1. 1. change chat and event windows customization

• leave chat and event windows as is.
    • I like all 6 Options!
    • Add only some options, i'll post which and why.
    • As long as its just that, an option! and doesn't change how my wurm chat is now!

My wife has this idea, to see if the devs could change how the chat works. we use to play another game, that had this option for the chat.

ok, so i'm sure everyone in wurm, is sick and tired of tab'ing through the chat tabs.

why is wurm so difficult to have all the chats in one window?

ok, so in this other game we played, the chat had the ability to have multiple tabs for chats, like wurm does now, but within each window, you could choose which logs went in that window.

so, we wurm has "local", "village", "alliance", "kingdom", "global kingdom", "PMs", "Death" tabs in the "Chat Window", right?

and "event", "friends", "help", "skills", "support" tabs and maybe a couple others in the "Event Window", right?

my wife's idea:

1st NOTE* these would be options to how the chat and event windows can work. its not changing them completely. its just added options!

1. add option to combine all possible chat/event tabs into 1 chat tab or event tab or multiple tabs.

2. add option to choose which chat options you want to see in each chat tab or event tab.

3. add option to choose a specific color for each chat option( so you can have multiple chats all in the same tab, and tell them apart ).

4. add option to change background colors of the chat and event tab windows.

5. add option that remember which chat you last typed in, and it will stay in that chat until you specifically change the chat with /local , /alliance , /village and etc. 

6. add option to show which chat you're typing in as well in a small box left of the window where you type as well.

2nd NOTE: would have to change player window as well with the options above or the ability to be able to change them.

one thing i didn't think about, is the player windows, and i guess you could condense the player windows into 1 as well, with the ability to change the colors of the players in the window.

IE players in the same village, you choose the color, which trumps all below.

players in same alliance, you choose the color, which trumps all below.

players in same kingdom, you choose the color, which trumps all below.( might have to be same as players in local, otherwise could be used to quickly determine the enemy in local? )

players in local, you choose the color.

what this does for players of WurmOnline:

1. adds the ability to have less tabs in those windows so you dont have to tab between each chat or event.

2. adds customization to your own interface of needed windows.

3. adds the ability to condense player windows into 1 with colors.

This would not change how PM's are. those should still show up as their own chat window tab.

Please let me know your input on this or if there are any other suggestions/ideas similar to this. 

Thank You!

PS. this was the wife's idea. I'm just posting for her!

Edited by Horsch
  • Like 1

NOTE* these would be options to how the chat and event windows currently work. its not changing them completely. its just added options!

one thing i didn't think about, is the player windows, and i guess you could condense the player windows into 1 as well, with the ability to change the colors of the players in the window.

IE players in the same village, you choose the color, which trumps all below.

players in same alliance, you choose the color, which trumps all below.

players in same kingdom, you choose the color, which trumps all below.( might have to be same as players in local, otherwise could be used to quickly determine the enemy in local? )

players in local, you choose the color.

You forgot the IRC tabs

that in chat window or event window? and yeah, sure. that will be included in the option too! haha

All I really want is for my friends to have a different color in all chats so I don't miss a funny joke one of them makes.