Sign in to follow this  
Sizzle

Tunnel next to a structure [Fixed]

You used to be able to tunnel a tile that shares the entrance border with a structure like a house. But as I've noticed today :

[00:38:21] Cannot create a tunnel here as there is a structure too close.

Obviously this was done to prevent a certain exploit ( that is still working ). The implications are severe as this messed up with a game feature that causes a lot of damage to villages that use the mine entrance token house setup. Now you have to pop the whole house to reopen a mine entrance after colapsing it and enemies can use that restriction to grief your mine entrances by using the strongwall spell. 

Please revert as it didn't address the issue just messed up a game feature. 

Edited by Alectrys

It isnt grief if it your enemies, it advantages they use.

But yeah, I would like this removed, and that fix put in place... would open up some freedom.

I think it has to do with the order of how things are built. Tunnel first and then build and you should be fine, even re-excavating. Build and then tunnel and it won't work, for whatever reason.

Same problem, but entrance tiled collapsed, cant reopen it, becuase the gatehouse is so close

It used to be possible, when you had a gate house in front of a mine entrance, to be able to tunnel if the entrance collapsed.

For some reason, it isn't possible anymore, nor do I found any information about removing the tunneling option anywhere.

On Pristine, we have a tunnel from close'ish behind starting town to above east coast; although (I think) it should have been considered a heritage site, it seems it isn't considered one.

One of the entrances collapsed, has an unlocked gate house in front, owner of the structure is unknown (I am assuming is a player, CA, who has the other entrance on one of his deeds), player who moved on Xanadu and has been inactive in some time now.

A /support ticket asking for help from a GM was answered, but the suggestion was either to wait for the gate house to fall, or make a side entrance, which I don't really think is the optimal solution.

I wonder if this was intended, and why is the purpose of such a change, without any notification.

I've opened this up as an inquiry in the bug database to see if we can get some answers as to if it's intended or a result of something else.

• Like 1

I've opened this up as an inquiry in the bug database to see if we can get some answers as to if it's intended or a result of something else.

Thank you! :)

Thank you very much Mister Moderator. I was about to pop a high ql house with six fantastic locks on it ;)

+1 revert; many deeds are built around this feature - don't like the idea of blowing up entire longhouses just to reopen a mine.

This "feature" was put in because there was a way to open up mines inside structures.I think the way the dev team has countered this is very crude, and in turn created a lot of issues they did not for see. I would prefer if a better solution was found.

Oh that's another one. I was refering to the exploit where you could fly inside a mine ;)

it should be fixed with the last server restart.

Now you should be able to create a tunnel near a structure.

I don't have this setup to test on live.  Can someone please try and verify that the fix worked?   Thank you.

Edit:  I have 2 reports of it not yet being fixed.  Will continue to track.

[14:56:28] Cannot create a tunnel here as there is a structure too close. <-- Chaos server if that matters.

Edited by Sizzle

As of the restart today, the issue on Pristine has been verified as fixed.  Evening and I tested this and opened up the collapsed entrance a few minutes ago with the building still intact.

• Like 1

Chaos restarted and it's now working here too. Thanks a lot guys great fix. Saved a lot of house poping.