Sign in to follow this  
KryoKitten

Help our Priests Out, Update for Cultivating

My friend and I have been noticing an increase of farm tiles that turn to grass "overnight".  No problem in my case I'm Vyn. However she is a FO priest and lives a long ways away by herself so I cant just run over and help.

I would like to see the cultivating mechanics changed so that you do not have to pack grass & steppe tiles before cultivating.  

Edit: at time of post did not realize Fo can dig, but my suggestion remains. See further down thread for more info.

Edited by KryoKitten
  • Like 1

Dig and drop will always be better than cultivating because it allows you to "cultivate" four tiles with one action as opposed to one tile with two actions for pack and cultivate. She should have no problem as a Fo priest, but Magranon and Vynora priests cannot dig. 

Cultivate a grass / steppe tile using a Rake.....i don't see why not  +1

And should be very easy to add into the game :P

• Like 3

+1 for the Vynora and Magranon priests, but anyone else will still have an easier time with dig/drop (as stated above).

+1 for the Vynora and Magranon priests, but anyone else will still have an easier time with dig/drop (as stated above).

The problem with this is the fact that it does 4 tiles and many times you still have crops growing on the other 3 and would destroy them with dig and drop.

U know u can dig a tile to remove grass

Actually I did not realize that Fo could dig until just now, when I looked it up on the wiki.  

My suggestion remains the same though.  One priest that can dig, one that can pack.. that leaves poor little Mag out in the cold.  Besides, who wants to have to store one dirt here and there or find some place to drop it that wont mess up your slopes. I like Garit's suggestion of using a rake, it's realistic and then you don't even have to worry about dirt. 

• Like 1

+1  Requested this a while back, but I don't see it getting added.  Priests are not loved at all!

The one bad thing about using Digging to cultivate is.....if you have a large farm and only some tiles have grass and nearby tiles have young crops, digging would destroy the young crops that are not ready for harvest.

Giving us a way to cultivate a grass / steppe tile off the bat is much easier and more realistic .....it also give the Rake another use.

Shovel - Dig, Pack and Cultivate.

Rake ....Err Rake farms and Cultivate dirt.

It's not game changing i know but would be nice to have in-game.

• Like 1