Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Marble Brazier Pillar visibility/lighthouse construction

So, normally items in structures are only visible if you're within 4 or 6 tiles (something like that). For instance, I've got some horse statues and a bell tower inside my public works building that only render if you're pretty close to them.

However, I see a lot of buildings with marble brazier pillars on top that seem to be visible for quite a distance.

Are brazier pillars special-cased to always be visible from far away, or do they have to be on floors without walls/roofs near them, or what? I'm going to be building a lighthouse soon, so I'm curious what the exact mechanics are.

• Like 1

Brazier pillar lights are visible from about 80 tiles away, even on the ground.

Far as I know that is only if they are sitting on ground and not inside or part of a structure.

They are fine in a structure as well.. Brazier has a visibility about the same as structure visibility.

I've mine setup (as a lighthouse) so there is 4 arches on the floor above where it is placed, as the brazier is over 3m tall it shows in the arches.

Screenshot from about 300m away using spyglass.

jnt3r18.jpg

• Like 1

does any one know how many marble brazier pillars you can have on one tile?

probably more than you could make large golden brazier bowls. I know of at least 5. Never bothered to make more.

They are fine in a structure as well.. Brazier has a visibility about the same as structure visibility.

I've mine setup (as a lighthouse) so there is 4 arches on the floor above where it is placed, as the brazier is over 3m tall it shows in the arches.

Screenshot from about 300m away using spyglass.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

That is great news.  I had tested this before and was disappointed that they lost visibility when inside a house.  I bow before the mighty Tich and look forward to testing this soon.

Edited by Celantra