Sign in to follow this  
Sizzle

Chaos village token generating seryll

Every couple of days, an amount of seryll should be generated for every kingdom based on it's influence size in Chaos map. The Seryll should be automatically split among the villages based on their size and should appear in the token. Drained villages should also have their seryll ( if any ) drained.

Edited by Sizzle

No. Players shouldn't feel better/worse about their server because choosing to play on only one of those would give you some silly bonuses.

Your suggestions seem to suggest that Chaos is in some way more important than rest of the servers. It's just one of them.

Plus, seryll was meant to be somewhat unique.

Edited by Samool

If you try out Chaos yourself, you will figure out why it's so special. Till then, Freedom -1's that are based on a single-minded and single-sided experience don't really count. This is for Chaos players only. I don't see a point why Freedomers should weight in decisions about a server they don't really play in. If such opinions were taken into account, we would have hota statues craftable and adamandine/glimmersteel mined from ore veins inside mines. Thankfully we don't.

Edited by Sizzle

[22:16:06] Percent controlled by Horde of the Summoned: 0.20
[22:16:06] Percent controlled by Ebonaura: 0.86

[22:16:06] Percent controlled by Freedom Isles: 1.03
[22:16:06] Percent controlled by Black Legion: 1.74
[22:16:06] Percent controlled by Jenn Kellon: 13.45

[22:16:06] Percent controlled by Empire of Mol Rehan: 24.63

-1. Seryll was intended as a very rare metal. Chaos already has glimmersteel and adamantine from the HotA, we don't need another privilege metal and it wouldn't be fair to Freedomers who own it to make their goods lose value (and, as Samool pointed out, this is idioticly Chaos-centric.)

And this is coming from someone who plays on Chaos and seeks to benefit the most from this suggestion (I'm MR.)

• Like 2

I don't see a point why Freedomers should weight in decisions about a server they don't really play in. If such opinions were taken into account, we would have hota statues craftable and adamandine/glimmersteel mined from ore veins inside mines. Thankfully we don't.

Because stuff like this would have drastic impact to freedoms economy.

You already know issle that this was a terrible idea from the beginning.

I'm sorry but my point was not single minded. People playing on PvP servers get their own features and I'm ok with that. But I am not ok with giving them stuff for free just because they play on their own server.

It might have had an impact in Freedom economy but that'st he point of it besides attracting more players in Chaos. If we didn't have adamandine and glimmer and I'd suggest something like HotA in an imaginary world, everyone would rage on me for the idea :P

I'm sorry but my point was not single minded. People playing on PvP servers get their own features and I'm ok with that. But I am not ok with giving them stuff for free just because they play on their own server.

See that's why your point was single minded. If only you could see what effort it takes to run a kingdom and maintain land in Chaos ...

Rewarding for playing in Chaos should be progressive and not an on/off thingie. HotA is on/off as the kingdom that's on top always controls HotA. It was JK in the past, now it's MR. HotA is no motive. Small kingdoms -> small rewards, big kingdoms -> big rewards. That's how it should work.

Edited by Sizzle

See that's why you are single minded. if only you would see what effort it takes to run a kingdom and maintain land in Chaos ...

What this says to me: "Every PvEer should bow down to the fabulous PvPers who know how to really play this game."

Please don't listen to Issle, he hasn't taken his meds. Wurm shafts you in as many ways as possible on PvE too... Issle is the only one who says that spending months building a deed or grinding a skill isn't hard work too.

• Like 2

What this says to me: "Every PvEer should bow down to the fabulous PvPers who know how to really play this game."

Please don't listen to Issle, he hasn't taken his meds. Wurm shafts you in as many ways as possible on PvE too... Issle is the only one who says that spending months building a deed or grinding a skill isn't hard work too.

What this says to me is: "Since we control HotA , no other kingdom should get any reward for being in Chaos to fight us. If we were also a small kingdom , I would be fine with this suggesion."

And on a side note, I don't take meds. Don't insult me, I didn't insult you.

As for red's famous "nope" messages: You say you care about Chaos, yet all your kingdom's public stance on suggestions is about maintaining power and control and not about making the server better. Your position is negative in anything that will harm your kingdom's power as a side effect, negative to anything that will boost any other kingdom and positive when it will harm any other kingdom or boost your kingdoms power. 

The contradiction here is so obvious. This leads to people saying things like "I'll join MR to get a drake set and then bail to freedom", which is why you changed the drake distribution policy am I right ? Ask yourselfs, is this the server we want to be in ? A server where a minority stands up against the established kingdom and the majority joins them to "steal" loot from them ?

Edited by Sizzle

See that's why your point was single minded. iI only you could see what effort it takes to run a kingdom and maintain land in Chaos ...

I don't think everyone owning a deed on Chaos contributes that much to running his kingdom and maintaining its land there. And what you want to add is to reward everyone for the effort few make.

My point is:

Chaos is not superior to any of the others servers. I don't want to see everyone move there or quit because his/her server doesn't get anything like that.

By the way, me not playing on Chaos isn't a counterargument at all. Not being experienced doesn't mean not being knowledgeable.

Edited by Samool

What this says to me is: "Since we control HotA , no other kingdom should get any reward for being in Chaos to fight us. If we were also a small kingdom , I would be fine with this suggesion."

And on a side note, I don't take meds. Don't insult me, I didn't insult you.

You realise that I'd be the one benefitting most from this suggestion, not you :P

You realise that I'd be the one benefitting most from this suggestion, not you :P

Which should tell you something: I'm not that much biased towards my kingdom. I put the server on top of it.

I don't think everyone owning a deed on Chaos contributes that much to running his kingdom and maintaining its land there. And what you want to add is to reward everyone for the effort few make.

Again you think, you haven't tried it. I also thought a lot of things about Chaos 3 years ago before joining in the fun. Most of them were just wrong assumptions.

Edited by Sizzle

Again you think, you haven't tried it. 

I won't start playing on Chaos just because I'm supposedly wrong when -1ing a suggestion about it.

edit: pff you editing your posts forces me to edit mine

Edited by Samool
  • Like 1

All I see in this suggestion is you trying to con players into moving to chaos for these "bonuses". Stop trying I force things down people's necks.

Also wernt you perma banned off the forums? Why have you been given another chance?

• Like 2

You placed it completelly out of context. Based on your logic I could easily say that HotA is a con trick to lure people in chaos thus should be removed and all the hota deeds that you ( actually we ) built there to be rendered useless. But that's not the case. The context is simple, people fight for a goal and for rewards. Maybe me and you like to fight just for the fun of it, but not everyone is like this. It works in almost any competitive game out there. There exist goals and benefits for chosing to fight.

Also you weren't complaining that much when you had exclusive ore generation by the volcanos. Was it fair back then ? What changed now and you are oposing this Red ?

@Samool

Back when I was in Mol Rehan and Jenn Kellon were still standing on their feet, a Mol Rehan player named Empire had a village next to HotA. Even if MR were stronger than JK, JK hammered the deed on daily basis. They managed to disband it completelly. And that's an example where a player belonging to the strong kingdom even aided by his kingdom didn't manage to control the land. Now imagine how it is when you don't have the MR war machine backing you up ;)

Edited by Sizzle

Which should tell you something: I'm not that much biased towards my kingdom. I put the server on top of it.

Back when I was in Mol Rehan and Jenn Kellon were still standing on their feet, a Mol Rehan player named Empire had a village next to HotA. Even if MR were stronger than JK, JK hammered the deed on daily basis. They managed to disband it completelly. And that's an example where a player belonging to the strong kingdom even aided by his kingdom didn't manage to control the land. Now imagine how it is when you don't have the MR war machine backing you up ;)

:rolleyes:

If you try out Chaos yourself, you will figure out why it's so special. Till then, Freedom -1's that are based on a single-minded and single-sided experience don't really count. This is for Chaos players only. I don't see a point why Freedomers should weight in decisions about a server they don't really play in. If such opinions were taken into account, we would have hota statues craftable and adamandine/glimmersteel mined from ore veins inside mines. Thankfully we don't.

Freedomers have plenty of right to say something: Seryll was added to the game as a reward to all players in the loyalty system. The intent was for the item to be fairly rare. That includes PVE players.

You already have enough "incentive" to play over there by collecting seryll from valrei drops, which isn't really accessible to those not interested in PVP (pvpers will always pve, not the other way around). Again, the item was supposed to be "rare" and you guys already got thrown a bone.

• Like 2

People on Chaos already get seryll from playing on chaos, we don't really need more & particularly more from doing no extra work.  -1

nope, because influence on the map is the reward in itself. It's like after dessert, you want an extra dessert (and maybe also some chocolate sprinkles and vanillasauce? how about some kaviar?)

In what way is map influence the reward o0 ? Bragging rights ?

Edited by Sizzle