Sign in to follow this  
Maxthx

Constructive Discussion on Shield of the Gone

Changes to Shield of the Gone  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If Shield of the Gone is nerfed, what do you feel is an appropriate change?

• 30% Passive Damage Reduction
    • 25% Passive Damage Reduction
    • 20% Passive Damage Reduction
    • 15% Passive Damage Reduction
    • 10% Passive Damage Reduction
    • Activated Ability - Please post how long the activation period, and cooldown.
    • Other
    • No Change

You can take someone's armour and have the benefit of you win, you can't take someone's SotG...

For Proph, have to use some different crappy browser to quote since IE wont let me. Its not only a single mention of this kind of thing though.

Wrong, the problem is you completely don't know anything about sandboxes. In regular themepark game, game enviroment is controled by the game itself, in sandbox enviroment is controled by players. How many players you take for pvp, where u decide to fight, when you gonna engage, how strong your forces/players are depends only from you and from work you've put in order to achieve victory. How you wanna balance for example fps game where during one round you got 16vs5, second round 16vs12, and during 3'rd round 14vs14? How would you balance rts game where one player got a location advantage on the map and got unlimited resource nodes just under his base? Everything is possible in sandbox, players are taking actions on strategical level not just tactical, so regular rules known from themepark games do not work here and are not as universal as you think. Since balancing a sandbox is a pure utopia, everything you can do is just ensure the game is simply FAIR, which means every option game offers is achievable by every player in the same amount of time. If you will work longer and harder on your character and game enviroment the bigger advantage over your foes you'll have. Nothing more than SIMPLE AND FAIR real life rules.

People attack you because you wanna rob them from something they worked hard to get - some of them even harder because they changed their path at some level. People will attack you because you are a hypocrite who behind terms like "balance", "new players", "common sense" really just wanna get in line with people who worked hard to have upper hand as 70 meditation skill should give. Many people feel a disgust towards lazy scrubs who instead of working in game(on equal terms) are trying to achieve something by whining on forum. You are constantly downgrading work people put into getting 70 meditation and by not respecting their work you are not respecting them - that's why you shouldn't expect their respect in return. 

An environment controlled entirely by the players would have absolutely zero balance. It also would have mod support, the source code and mod tools would be released to us, and it would get really boring, as Posteh explained so well:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OClmaUASe54

For those who have learned to accept the variable server populations as normal... they aren't. They are a sign of a problem.

By the way, this isn't a true sandbox, and for the record, getting a cup of coffee while a two minute timer ticks down isn't hard or work. It's just boring and tedious. There is no "hard work" to be ruined.

The way to have the upper edge is to [...] get sotg...

I thought people normally didn't argue the opposition's point of view, but thanks for that. I appreciate it.

Someone gets its finally....

Everyone can get it, stop complaining.

Everyone can get BL spells, everyone can get light of Fo, everyone could get enchanted olive trees on their dirt walls... before they were nerfed for being overpowered. Everyone can get or do anything. This has literally nothing to do with game balance.

Literally all this argument is is people complaining that someone has something that they're too lazy to work for reasonable to waste time on, guarantee if any of you had it you wouldn't be complaining. 

Literally all this argument is people complaining that they don't want to be nerfed because they allegedly put a lot of work into watching a timer tick down while facing the east and hanging from one leg upside down from the ceiling on the third day of the month of the blue moon praying for a tick. And no, we wouldn't be complaining because we would have a second health bar to give us more room for error and double all of our offensive and defensive capabilities. Not many would complain about that. Unfortunately, not many can agree that it's broken either.

Literally all this argument is people complaining that they don't want to be nerfed because blabla

All you are doing is ignoring/pushing away all the actual arguments and picking out the useless posts for gone and using that as "the only argument"

If you are comparing a 1v1 path of power to path of insanity on equal accounts using all of their abilities then that is a considerably equal fight as two people fitting that exact criteria have seen.  If you are comparing a group fight where targets are focused then path of power shines as stamina can run out pretty damn fast and stunlocking/using double/triple hit/stam draining specials will help eliminate people quickly while not taking wounds from the obvious use of fire/ice pillars and ignoring any fa/fb enchanted weapons.   Stop ignoring this.  The only downside for power compared to insanity is that elemental immunity is on a timer/cooldown which is why I remain on a path that doesn't require micromanaging its one ability

The first, what's the point in comparing vs love if loves ability needs LT but you don't want to count LT?

The second, that's just assumption.  As I've pointed out earlier somewhere in this thread, we actually put this to the test.  Similar accounts, but I had gone and better armor (king gear/moon metal+king cr bonus) vs vibrant light, and without even using elemental immunity to block my fa, he won against me in a very long and hard fight

1. see

You can even chuck lt in there and that is what you get, since SoTG effectively has double lt.

Comparing it with or without is the same vs gone.

2. Wasn't that a spar? And you really cant take 1 fight and use it as evidence against that assumption.

Pretty sure it will generally turn out true, if both people hit around the same amount, powers health limited stamina probably wont be any better than gones draining stamina.

(His example was with nothing, with normal enchants etc it would probably be a closer fight)

The first, what's the point in comparing vs love if loves ability needs LT but you don't want to count LT?

The second, that's just assumption. As I've pointed out earlier somewhere in this thread, we actually put this to the test. Similar accounts, but I had gone and better armor (king gear/moon metal+king cr bonus) vs vibrant light, and without even using elemental immunity to block my fa, he won against me in a very long and hard fight

The purpose of my post is to change one factor in a exact same fight. In this case the meditation ability. The reason why LT wouldn't be part of that change is because the SOTG player can also use the same weapon and I wanted to make a point of how many winning methods can be added together on top of sotg

Cant stack double healing with sotg... its all in the RNG

Not sure what you mean by this.

You can stack lt with it, which is effectivly the same as stacking lt with love

All you are doing is ignoring/pushing away all the actual arguments and picking out the useless posts for gone and using that as "the only argument"

If you are comparing a 1v1 path of power to path of insanity on equal accounts using all of their abilities then that is a considerably equal fight as two people fitting that exact criteria have seen.  If you are comparing a group fight where targets are focused then path of power shines as stamina can run out pretty damn fast and stunlocking/using double/triple hit/stam draining specials will help eliminate people quickly while not taking wounds from the obvious use of fire/ice pillars and ignoring any fa/fb enchanted weapons.   Stop ignoring this.  The only downside for power compared to insanity is that elemental immunity is on a timer/cooldown which is why I remain on a path that doesn't require micromanaging its one ability

Except you can't use special moves for the first 30 seconds, and by then the vibrant light would likely be dead if he were being focused. Gone most likely would not. Gone is still more useful.

Cant stack double healing with sotg... its all in the RNG

50% damage reductions on your wounds means you need half a much life transfer to heal which is exactly the same as double LT just in a different way.

So if love is effectivly the 'same' all it comes down to is the RNG...

All pvp is increasing small factors which put you over the 50:50 mark in your favour.

A good example would be:

Me on the miniroll account as a champ (60% reduction) fighting nadroj (before he got gone).

Nadroj has a muuuuch bigger factor on his side of the RNG as he has crazy sword/shield/body stats in comparison to my scrubby account.

Of course I lost the spar immensely.

Also take into account that king bonus doesnt help in spars.

So the damage reduction is just another thing to include in the RNG, sotg doesnt allow you to be 2 people, it doesnt make you invulnerable, its just a damn perk.

Its all so clear to me now, becoming champion makes your account worse. Phew, thanks for that enlightenment in the field of game mechanics

• Like 2

So if love is effectivly the 'same' all it comes down to is the RNG...

Except gone effectively has double lt because you take half damage.

Love=double lt

Gone=double lt+ half damage.

A good example would be:

Me on the miniroll account as a champ (60% reduction) fighting nadroj (before he got gone).

Nadroj has a muuuuch bigger factor on his side of the RNG as he has crazy sword/shield/body stats in comparison to my scrubby account.

Of course I lost the spar immensely.

Also take into account that king bonus doesnt help in spars.

So the damage reduction is just another thing to include in the RNG, sotg doesnt allow you to be 2 people, it doesnt make you invulnerable, its just a damn perk.

First, spars are garbage, they don't work the same as normal combat.

Second, are you really saying that because "rng" SoTG is not imbalanced?

SoTG easily makes up for any deficit in "RNG"

70fs hitting 90fs, 43%

90fs hitting 70fs, 56%

90 shield/shield skill is only 8% increase in your chance to block from 70.

So with a 50% chance to block that is 50 vs 54%

70 vs 90, .43*.54= 23% to hit and do damage.

90 vs 70  .56*.50= 28% to hit and do damage.

Pretty sure having to deal twice as much damage to someone easily makes up for 5% less chance to hit.

• Like 2

Except gone effectively has double lt because you take half damage.

Love=double lt

Gone=double lt+ half damage.

First, spars are garbage, they don't work the same as normal combat.

Second, are you really saying that because "rng" SoTG is not imbalanced?

SoTG easily makes up for any deficit in "RNG"

70fs hitting 90fs, 43%

90fs hitting 70fs, 56%

90 shield/shield skill is only 8% increase in your chance to block from 70.

So with a 50% chance to block that is 50 vs 54%

70 vs 90, .43*.54= 23% to hit and do damage.

90 vs 70  .56*.50= 28% to hit and do damage.

Pretty sure having to deal twice as much damage to someone easily makes up for 5% less chance to hit.

Now add in real PvP CR, mounted... height... potions... gank bonus... bad moves... back turned... being hit in certain areas... multiple people... boat pvp...

There are so many factors!

Yes spars are , but I sparred nad multiple times, same outcome lol.

Except you can't use special moves for the first 30 seconds, and by then the vibrant light would likely be dead if he were being focused. Gone most likely would not. Gone is still more useful.

People don't just stand still and take the beating.  Go defensive and move if able, a strong account in defensive will last a long time even in a gank, using Iamnoob as an example because last year when he certainly didn't have gone (not even sure what path he is) 6 people caught him roaming mr and he took almost a minute to hit enough to kill him.  At that point LT is even easier for you, because there are some specials that are really fast to do a relatively weak double hit (max seems to be an extremely hard harm in this case) to quickly heal up

Even if someone pops defensive while ganked, some of the attackers can (and most likely will) move behind and to the right to avoid the shield. Vibrant light can still have fun dying twice as fast as gone.

By the way, that's called a counter. Even a shield (which everyone can get and even spawns with) has a counter.

Edited by SotG_is_OP

This thread has lived out its purpose, beyond constructive discussion now.

Closed

Edited by necroe
  • Like 2