Sign in to follow this  
Maxthx

Constructive Discussion on Shield of the Gone

Changes to Shield of the Gone  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If Shield of the Gone is nerfed, what do you feel is an appropriate change?

• 30% Passive Damage Reduction
    • 25% Passive Damage Reduction
    • 20% Passive Damage Reduction
    • 15% Passive Damage Reduction
    • 10% Passive Damage Reduction
    • Activated Ability - Please post how long the activation period, and cooldown.
    • Other
    • No Change

Ahh ok so grinding LW to 90+ on your deed to imp up your drake armour is so risky or what? Or getting plate armour smithing up to 90+ with your own ondeed forest for coal piles... Its just an afford to choose. nothing else. for example if i choose to grind up chain armour smithing instead of plate armour smithing its my own fault if everyone would kill me in chain on a pvp server. Its the same with gone and hate... I can choose the easy way (chain smithing/ hate) or i take the longer route (plate smithing/ gone)

Thats the only way if you want to compete. Dont you think a one way to PVP good is bad in a sandbox? forcing players into choices because one way is so OP no other path is viable IF you want to compete.

Wurm has been trying to go away from having one gear kit being mandatory. IE the weapon balancing to get ridd of OP 3 second swing timers, IE the attempted armor rebalancing. If everyone has to gear themselves up the same way where is the sandbox? SOTG is still sticking out like a sore thumb.

One of the last things Rolf added to the game by himself before we had a big dev team was meditation. How many poorly coded and poorly thought out things did he used to add?

This is just the last major one sticking out like a sore thumb.

Edited by Youngsoldier

In addition, his open statement that he uses rare moon metal plate puts his damage reduction even higher. He really would have been dead somewhere between 59-66%% of his maximum, not 50%. Damage does have a scaling negative effect on some stats, although less than it used to. Reducing this by a huge amount skews the fight, regardless of how close he was to 50%, or some other meaningless number that only supports the "I wasn't that low, therefore gone did nothing for me" argument. Gone did do something, regardless of whether or not you choose to admit it.

I do now, but I didn't have it back then which was a long time ago.  Pretty sure I just had a glimmer helm/chest/legs

If we took your advice small mauls with their OP 3 second swing timers would have never been balanced and everyone in wurm would be pvping with small mauls only....

I'm not sure what you're saying because small mauls do have 3 second swing timers off the bat?

Also, at a normal playing time [18:11:54] 42 other players are online. You are on Elevation (951 totally in Wurm).  + 47 on mrh, 46 on jkh, and 20 on blh.  Chaos has 80.  I don't think either is dead, or dying?  In fact it's grown back, as per every year, and with challenge over

Thats the only way if you want to compete. Dont you think a one way to PVP good is bad in a sandbox? forcing players into choices because one way is so OP no other path is viable IF you want to compete.

Wurm has been trying to go away from having one gear kit being mandatory. IE the weapon balancing to get ridd of OP 3 second swing timers, IE the attempted armor rebalancing. If everyone has to gear themselves up the same way where is the sandbox? SOTG is still sticking out like a sore thumb.

One of the last things Rolf added to the game by himself before we had a big dev team was meditation. How many poorly coded and poorly thought out things did he used to add?

This is just the last major one sticking out like a sore thumb.

If you want to keep obscuring the issue with your inane spam go right ahead, I still fail to see in any of your rants any particular reason much less a concrete argument it in fact does stick out.    There are not many players even on Chaos who have SOTG, and the ones that do hardly stay on their deeds, even when they were skilling it.   They are active PvPers who choose to go insanity and have a long term goal to work for.   Not everyone chooses insanity path.  There are just as many if not more players that are major path holders in Knowledge, Power, Love, or Hate.  You don't believe me, just look at the path leaders or ask your friends who can see them who the path leaders are.    

I wouldn't mind a bit more diversity, in the endgame of meditation paths.   If you were looking for diversity in terms of "kit" you should ask Rolf to release the other armor types as he was supposed to last year when we were supposedly testing the values.  The current armor system is a bit flawed in either you are a brick or a beast.    He added a penalty to plate but never added those other armors as he promised.   

People aren't going to quit over SOTG, in fact they will work towards it since it gives their character lasting value and is a massive accomplishment, at least now it is with all the changes to meditation.  Even changes to SOTG won't fix anything, and it won't change how PvP works on this server.   I've seen the same kind of PvP today as I've seen five years ago, with the same stupid crap.    In terms of practical changes to PvP there is little to no major changes made that have been brought about solely from something it takes an ungodly amount of time to gain.     

Edited by Battlepaw

sotg increases your lifespan? well so does healing spells.

and sotg healing spells have less effect, so healing spells increase your lifespan the same as sotg. simple counter.

so, fo priest that is path of hate counters non fo priest that is sotg.

has any testing been done on test server with different priests vs sotg characters? without items?

that is the real test. if not, then there is no proof sotg is too op. do video testing please. kthanks.

Yet again, I have no clue what you are talking about/where you are coming from.

SoTG does nothing to reduce healing except for natural regeneration.

And I really have no idea what you mean by testing, you can't counter gone by being a priest because people with gone can easily be just as good a priest as you.

Get 2 people on him?

If a prolonged fight someone with refresh can stunlock and refresh for an upper hand.

PvP is never even.

Im going to quote this again...

'Wurm aint checkers, its chess on magic mushrooms'.

Quit the QQ and lets get some more pew pew.

That literally does nothing to counter gone, that is simply pvp as normal.

Unless of course you think that needing to have 2 people without gone to fight 1 with it is an acceptable counter.

I really doubt someone can stunlock someone enough to back off with hurting status on foot and refresh unless they get an extremely long stun. And even then, someone with gone will have a much higher stamina pool available if they were doing ~ the same amount of damage.

And in a group situation, the person with gone can easily be refreshed by someone else.

Causing new players to lose interest in the game and quit.

If anything seeing that I would have to log in daily for a year to become even close to able to compete vs older players would put me off the game.

@Sotg_is_op you are preaching here all the time that gone is op but whats about all the other things like drake armour/moon metal amour/valrei items/artefacts and so on?

If i take your oppinion correct every item or skill or whatever you cant get is op?

Easiest way to DESTROY your arguements are artifacts...they are stronger than any weapon you can craft and they are even limited so what now? Should everyone gets his favorite artifact?

You just talking nonsense. If you want nice perk switch your medi path and it will be ok...you cant get everything in that game without afford!!!

Gone effectively doubles your armor, doubles the dr from valrei items, your blocking, etc.

Artifacts can be lost at any time, If you go out and die with it, your enemy can easily pick it up and use it against you. The more powerful ones also have downsides, the orb can backfire, the weapons have long swing timers, are 2h, don't have nimbleness etc. They aren't really much better than weapons people can craft.(they used to be much worse)

People aren't going to quit over SOTG, in fact they will work towards it since it gives their character lasting value and is a massive accomplishment, at least now it is with all the changes to meditation.

Wurm already requires a huge investment of time to become competitive, gone just adds to that.

That is one of the worst things about wurm for a lot of new players, and one of the main reasons for low player retention.

• Like 2

Yet again, I have no clue what you are talking about/where you are coming from.

SoTG does nothing to reduce healing except for natural regeneration.

And I really have no idea what you mean by testing, you can't counter gone by being a priest because people with gone can easily be just as good a priest as you.

That literally does nothing to counter gone, that is simply pvp as normal.

Unless of course you think that needing to have 2 people without gone to fight 1 with it is an acceptable counter.

I really doubt someone can stunlock someone enough to back off with hurting status on foot and refresh unless they get an extremely long stun. And even then, someone with gone will have a much higher stamina pool available if they were doing ~ the same amount of damage.

And in a group situation, the person with gone can easily be refreshed by someone else.

If anything seeing that I would have to log in daily for a year to become even close to able to compete vs older players would put me off the game.

Gone effectively doubles your armor, doubles the dr from valrei items, your blocking, etc.

Artifacts can be lost at any time, If you go out and die with it, your enemy can easily pick it up and use it against you. The more powerful ones also have downsides, the orb can backfire, the weapons have long swing timers, are 2h, don't have nimbleness etc. They aren't really much better than weapons people can craft.(they used to be much worse)

Wurm already requires a huge investment of time to become competitive, gone just adds to that.

That is one of the worst things about wurm for a lot of new players, and one of the main reasons for low player retention.

Look, the system isn't dependent on SOTG, its a addon you get for getting your meditation skill up.   As I've seen mentioned numerous times here, most people keep going into other areas when they are complaining how "broken" SOTG is, the problem it isn't about SOTG, its about the entire PvP system.    If you change SOTG, it will be the love path next, then another "issue" than another, until the time you spend grinding up your character is meaningless, and everyone is on an "even" playing field, even if that person spent only a few months playing and didn't spend all the time working on their character that many of us have.   

It's saying no one should work for their skills, that everything should be like epic, where skillgain is easy, and combat is easy.    Especially on Chaos that is all bogus.   Players who get tired of playing on PvE should be able to come here and use all their stats to their advantage, and only need to work on the stuff that they need to grind up such as fight skill, etc, not be killed by a group of low skilled players with huge axes.     Time investment should have some meaning, not just be able to be taken away with by some choice forum pvp from players that can't be asked to work for anything.   

Edited by Battlepaw

Look, the system isn't dependent on SOTG, its a addon you get for getting your meditation skill up.   As I've seen mentioned numerous times here, most people keep going into other areas when they are complaining how "broken" SOTG is, the problem it isn't about SOTG, its about the entire PvP system.    If you change SOTG, it will be the love path next, then another "issue" than another, until the time you spend grinding up your character is meaningless, and everyone is on an "even" playing field, even if that person spent only a few months playing and didn't spend all the time working on their character that many of us have.   

Except the issue really is SoTG.

It takes every advantage you have, and multiplies it by 2. (Any rarity on gear, any moonmetal gear,  shield/weapon/fs, any bonus cr, body stats, valrei buffs, etc)

If you take that as the entire pvp system being broken, you still have to admit that SoTG amplifys the problem more than anything else.

• Like 1

Except the issue really is SoTG.

It takes every advantage you have, and multiplies it by 2. (Any rarity on gear, any moonmetal gear,  shield/weapon/fs, any bonus cr, body stats, valrei buffs, etc)

If you take that as the entire pvp system being broken, you still have to admit that SoTG amplifys the problem more than anything else.

x2 as a matter of fact.

The way Rolf used to implement stuff by himself this coud very well have been 4x buff and you guys would still be sitting here defending you OPness. lol...

I saw half of you guys crying when people got to 70 meditation in one weekend and you didnt when it first came out. lol...

Why everyone could have done it? lol...

Edited by Youngsoldier

@battlepaw

Come on mate, with all the waffle you post surely you would have read the topic title.

Personally I agree its not just SOTG being a problem, the whole system is a joke but the key thing your missing here buddy is this topic is for sotg.

Developers made a post asking what about the whole PvP discussion before the new year but no communication has been made since.

I already know if sotg is changed artifacts are massively more stronger. The fact they can one hit people without sotg is pure stupid.

I also believe the targeting body part system is too effective due to the game running off CR for hit chance. Target sensitive area and have a higher chance for dealing extra damage with the same hit chance. This is not something I've tested yet though more theory based..

@battlepaw

Come on mate, with all the waffle you post surely you would have read the topic title.

Personally I agree its not just SOTG being a problem, the whole system is a joke but the key thing your missing here buddy is this topic is for sotg.

Developers made a post asking what about the whole PvP discussion before the new year but no communication has been made since.

I already know if sotg is changed artifacts are massively more stronger. The fact they can one hit people without sotg is pure stupid.

I also believe the targeting body part system is too effective due to the game running off CR for hit chance. Target sensitive area and have a higher chance for dealing extra damage with the same hit chance. This is not something I've tested yet though more theory based..

Hmm I honestly think your right about that "soft spot" system.  I was looking through the waybackmachine today and I remember reading through that news post.  The biggest problem is that when that crit system was introduced we didn't have the kind of accounts you see today much less how nasty those artifacts are now.   It is something that could really be updated or balanced to reflect many of the new things that have changed in how players fight now.   

In terms of SOTG discussion, to have a constructive comment you almost have to address the whole PvP system because as you point out there are many effects of just arbitrary nerfing SOTG, under this system.  

Not to mention spitting in the face of the people who worked to get it and are still working to get it under the brutal meditation system we have now.    It's really not just a PvP only buff since it's nice to have SOTG in conjunction with the Insanity teleport because you can work on foot a bit easier and you take less fall damage, which is really helpful when you take a tumble down a mountain while exploring.    

The problem I have really with most of the tie-ins to the rest of the pvp mechanics is that the main drive of the topic which falls far from trying to find a solution that can tie everything in, and just trying to prove that SOTG is broken useing a broken system pvp system as a refrence that needs work first. It is all a bit amusing if not quite frustrating.   Just look at the Poll options, it ranges from reducing the percentages of SOTG to turning it to a timed ability.    

I mean hell, little room to maneuver for a discussion much less finding a "solution" that everyone can agree on, especially with the topic author trying to yank the discussion from any of the alternatives, or it getting spammed out of the water from posts that just "Its OP, and just change it, because it IS, end of discussion."   The entire poll itself reflect that a tight majority of the people who posted don't want it changed.   You have to add up all the people who polled in each of the other options barring the "other" one, and you still don't have a majority for getting it nerfed, and this is on a public poll where all the knuckleheads that never watched this mechanic in action can still vote.    

Edited by Battlepaw

This is possibly the worst argument for nerfing SotG.

Many veteran accounts have massively over inflated stats due to the 'windows of opportunity' that are no longer available to newer players.

If you nerf SotG then you remove the only accessible way a new player has of competing with these veteran accounts.

SotG was never an issue until some guy tried to buy an SotG account on the cheap and was unable to get it so started making suggestions to get it nerfed.

Leave SotG alone. It is available to anyone who is willing to put in the time and effort earn it.

Instead of fixing things that don't need fixing, go fix the bugs in the game that should have been dealt with years ago.

If i'm reading this right, you're telling me SOTG is the only way a noob can compete with a veteran player?

I think there might be a massive oversight here and that is.... You don't realize the veteran player was grinding meditation too. You're back at square one, when they both have SOTG, the only difference is, that veteran player now is 2x harder to kill, and so is everyone else to those that don't have SOTG.

Might want to look over your post again

If you nerf SotG, then Stamina of the Vibrant Light will be "overpowered" and you'll want to nerf that, then PoL11 LT buff will be overpowered and you'll wanna nerf that too... Soon all the paths will be nerfed and we'll be back to right where we are now.

All the permanent buffs are ridiculous, but nothing is as ridiculous as SOTG.

To put it in another way, what you are basically saying, in an RL analogy as close as i can get is

"Why should we get rid of this extremist group? We will want to get rid of the other extremist group after that and then we will have no extremist groups and be back right where we are now."

All the permanent buffs are ridiculous like i stated but if we had to keep them, SOTG needs to be nerfed to the ground. lvl 7 hate needs to be nerfed to the ground, SOTL needs to be slightly decreased, it will not and never has made much of a difference anyway and the PoL needs more downsides in PvP.

To put it simply, this is the current state of PvP

Joebob, 70 overall body vs Jimbob, 50 overall body.

Both of them are using the Sceptre of Ascension

Jimbob has SOTG

Both of them are in drake.

Joebob dies in two hits.

Jimbob dies in four.

Lets also take a step back and look at how much of a blow this actually is. Jimbob knows he can take four hits, Joebob knows he can take two hits. But heres the thing, Joebob, once he gets hit, hes done. Hes at hurting status, theres a penalty to his movement, theres a penalty to his dodge and block chance. That doesn't matter for Jimbob, because even if Joebob hits him, he can take three more hits. Joebob was so disadvantaged at the start, and even moreso after he got hit, that whats the point in even attempting that without SOTG? Especially now that we know after he gets hurting, hes essentially screwed, plus i mean straight up looking at it tells you its gonna be way easier to get two hits off on Joebob than it will be to get four hits off on Jimbob.

It's just another requirement, and people will never ever want it to be nerfed because people are selfish, and they are selfish in the desire that they do wish to see themselves progress moreso than seeing a fun environment emerge that is consistent in balance, fair, and encourages people to join.

People will argue that balance is too much work, because people will want other PROBLEMS fixed, that were created in the first place due to the lack of a PLANNED and TESTED system of implementation. They don't see those problems as issues now, because there is a much bigger problem on the table, however, that problem benefits the majority of the playerbase, so why the hell would they want it fixed? And if you propose fixing it, they will complain about the work youd need to do to fix everything else.

Its not fair, because players like Joebob will be screwed over repeatedly until they get it, at that point, Joebob has put in so much effort into getting it, that he doesn't want to lose it. But lets not forget, Joebob started playing with the Bob family, lets say his four brothers. Too bad the four brothers quit because they didn't want to be forced to grind an absolutely ass-backwards skill that does nothing but propel you forwards the easy way (and by easy, i mean the people that could normally take the beating you could with SOTG/Champ are like 1 in 15 people, now that thats there, you have those 1 in 15 with it, and 10 others with it too.) I oh so enjoy a lack of balance when i play.

It doesn't encourage people to join because they are forced to take a route everyone else takes, because there is no incentive or purpose to anything else. Its a sandbox, you shouldn't be forced to do jack ######. You shouldn't be forced to have SOTG. You shouldn't be forced to have valrei titles. You shouldn't be forced to make dirtwalls. You shouldn't be forced to make longhouses. You shouldn't be forced to make single, double, or triple collapse mine entrances into your deed. You shouldn't need 12-18 hours to raid a deed, and you most most most certainly shouldnt need a year and a half of work to be viable in a fight where you aren't at even odds.

This game won't progress when people constantly put selfish want for individual progress to feel a sense of victory where there is none to be had in the game, and before you go "Oh propheteer, what a hypocrite, you abused exploits X, Y, and Z." Yeah sure, ill admit to that, but only when you admit that 90% of the people here usually only go out of their way to post in suggestions and increase visbility of them because it benefits them, rather than the game.

The PvP in this game is flawed because of years of what i posted above, and because of a lack of priority and order in the way the developers release things. Not to mention the fact that Rolf has constantly changed things that have very BLATANTLY gave an advantage a select group or an individual player(s) because Joebim or some other fellow lost his scale set by falling in a pit. My opinion doesn't matter and I highly doubt this thread will have any impact on that discussion whatsoever as proved in the past multiple times and all I can do is hope that when I get more time to play, that by that point, there isn't some other ridiculous thing in the game like "Seryll Titles" that give you 20% damage reduction a title.

TL;DR meditation sucks, remove it or rework it entirely, its done nothing but hurt the PvP side game, just like the so called "Fight-Fix", and just like Valrei Items and artifacts and the new catapulting system with double story, minedoors, horses, yada yada.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 10

This game won't progress when people constantly put selfish want for individual progress to feel a sense of victory where there is none to be had in the game, and before you go "Oh propheteer, what a hypocrite, you abused exploits X, Y, and Z." Yeah sure, ill admit to that, but only when you admit that 90% of the people here usually only go out of their way to post in suggestions and increase visbility of them because it benefits them, rather than the game.

Oh, OFC i'll admit that... in fact it's what i was talking about all the time sice "Sotg obsession" started. People who got sotg didn't do anything wrong, this skill was already known years ago just like meditation mechanics, people just did the work to get it on pretty clear conditions.. And now lazy scrubs are comming and whining to change something they cba to get on clear rules which were the same for everyone else, following old and very primitive rule "if u cannot get it... destroy it" - not because of balance, justice or new players but because it benefits them just like you said. Because i never posted even a single suggestion to nerf something i had problems with or to implement something to boost myself, i can with clean conscience call you a hypocrite, even before you admit that following your own promise.

And about new players... when challenge started server had about 400 people online. How many of completely new people you had in village? how many unexperienced players that came from freedom without any connections in pvp community? - plenty of them were siting and grinding skills around every starter town... In fact, every kingdom was split long before server was put online.... every kingdom had "nobility" and "peasants". Being someone known in pvp community or having some connections was a necessary condition to join a serious village, the rest were treated like an air or spies. New players do not care about SotG, glimmers, stats or anything...  The sad truth is people doesn't want to play because pvp community in wurm simply sux, it's the most unfriendly and elitist community i ever seen in any mmo game, people who were goin back to freedom in the first days of challenge are a proof, i was sitting in fire fangs and talked with a few... When i started playing this game 1,5year before epic came out, some people treated me just like them, i was just a bit more lucky because i meet Mikeyaya and OSP who gave me a chance and took me to HK. I didnt care about hordes of magranon champions feed on countless "windows of opportunity" their scale/drake armours, farwalkers or anything else like that, being added to kos in capital city without any reason and treated like a trash was much bigger issue for newbee.

Edited by Qaay
  • Like 1

Now... the big fight which just happened on chaos is a firm representation that purely SotG alone does NOT determine the outcome of a fight.

It is not Unbalanced, its is not 'OP', its fine as it is.

Play around it and delete this retarded of a thread.

Now... the big fight which just happened on chaos is a firm representation that purely SotG alone does NOT determine the outcome of a fight.

Play around it and delete this retarded ###### ###### of a thread.

Did you take into account of being afk m8 when you died with SOTG?

• Like 3

No it is a firm representation. Take a guess how many of our players had SOTG, hint, its about the same as yours.

SOTG and Champ and Valrei items give players a huge bonus, but it doesn't really show when you are picking off people who are too concerned with saving their gear and running rather than trying to focus or kill anyone.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 4

Yeah. Killing an AFK player with SotG took a full minute while overcrowded on him. SotG is not OP. /sarcasm

• Like 5

Oh, OFC i'll admit that... in fact it's what i was talking about all the time sice "Sotg obsession" started. People who got sotg didn't do anything wrong, this skill was already known years ago just like meditation mechanics, people just did the work to get it on pretty clear conditions.. And now lazy scrubs are comming and whining to change something they cba to get on clear rules which were the same for everyone else, following old and very primitive rule "if u cannot get it... destroy it" - not because of balance, justice or new players but because it benefits them just like you said. Because i never posted even a single suggestion to nerf something i had problems with or to implement something to boost myself, i can with clean conscience call you a hypocrite, even before you admit that following your own promise.

I guess if Rolf added one day that everyone whos name started with the letter J got 50% damage reduction to all incoming hits, you would be okay with that, because the terms were laid out. People want it changed, because it is broken. Because you have it, does not make it not broken.

And about new players... when challenge started server had about 400 people online. How many of completely new people you had in village? how many unexperienced players that came from freedom without any connections in pvp community? - plenty of them were siting and grinding skills around every starter town... In fact, every kingdom was split long before server was put online.... every kingdom had "nobility" and "peasants". Being someone known in pvp community or having some connections was a necessary condition to join a serious village, the rest were treated like an air or spies. New players do not care about SotG, glimmers, stats or anything...  The sad truth is people doesn't want to play because pvp community in wurm simply sux, it's the most unfriendly and elitist community i ever seen in any mmo game, people who were goin back to freedom in the first days of challenge are a proof, i was sitting in fire fangs and talked with a few... When i started playing this game 1,5year before epic came out, some people treated me just like them, i was just a bit more lucky because i meet Mikeyaya and OSP who gave me a chance and took me to HK. I didnt care about hordes of magranon champions feed on countless "windows of opportunity" their scale/drake armours, farwalkers or anything else like that, being added to kos in capital city without any reason and treated like a trash was much bigger issue for newbee.

Because more than one issue exists, does not mean the other issue doesn't.

• Like 2

Though I voted for "No change", I still have an idea if it has to be changed anyway:

- Get rid of bot -50% dmg and -50% healing.

- Make SotG work so it has 50% chance for blocking the hit completely and 50% for making it critical, so it's basically a hard hit or a complete miss.

It fits Insanity much (flavour-wise), it is random as hell and it can change the fight in one way or another. And certainly it is not OP ;D And it would enrage any SotG, of course.

Anyway I'm glad I didn't even started truly meditating yet. I'll sit back and see if I want to go Insanity as I planned or rather Power as I wanted to if SotG wasn't so tempting :P

Edited by Roken

I guess if Rolf added one day that everyone whos name started with the letter J got 50% damage reduction to all incoming hits, you would be okay with that, because the terms were laid out. People want it changed, because it is broken. Because you have it, does not make it not broken.

Nope, i got enough self-respect to simply quit the game for good if anything will be given just for a specific letter in someones nickname. The question is... what are you still doin here if you think getting SotG is just as absurd as your example? - fortunately enough we both agree people do not make such suggestions because they are fighting for balance, justice, free Tibet or new players... why then?

Because more than one issue exists, does not mean the other issue doesn't.

No one had SotG on challenge.

No one had SotG on challenge.

Exactly, gear imbalances etc were an issue on challenge I believe? Imagine that imbalance multiplied by 2 if SotG had been involved, this is the current state on epic/chaos. Gear is more diluted due to time/supplies on these servers but is still a problem amplified by this.

I had an interesting thought that SotG would reduce melle damage by a factor (e.g. 25%-50%) but increases damage such as spells etc by (e.g. 50-100%) showing the SotG can tank in pvp but with priests/champions/archers can be seriously damaged, as an idea to be branched off.

So we all complain that the game is broken and that the developers put in too many band aid patches, but...

ITT everyone wants no fix or a band aid patch. The hypocrisy is real.

4WnhMe0.jpg

Rolf pls

Edited by SotG_is_OP

Would it be that difficult to make the other meditation paths match SotG without having to change SotG whatsoever?

Exactly, gear imbalances etc were an issue on challenge I believe? Imagine that imbalance multiplied by 2 if SotG had been involved, this is the current state on epic/chaos. Gear is more diluted due to time/supplies on these servers but is still a problem amplified by this.

Gear is for sure not a reason of 80-90% population drop within first 2 weeks on f2p server.

Would it be that difficult to make the other meditation paths match SotG without having to change SotG whatsoever?

No, it's never hard to change stuff without actually fixing the problem at hand. We usually call those band aid patches.

Gear is for sure not a reason of 80-90% population drop within first 2 weeks on f2p server.

It was a factor. It was boring fighting people with high end armor and weapons before people even had pendulums. As it turns out, losing stuff makes the game matter a bit more because there is some risk. The amount of risk required is debatable, but no risk leads to boredom. Challenge had no risk.

It was a factor. It was boring fighting people with high end armor and weapons before people even had pendulums. As it turns out, losing stuff makes the game matter a bit more because there is some risk. The amount of risk required is debatable, but no risk leads to boredom. Challenge had no risk.

Then you should get some high end armor and weapons too.