Sign in to follow this  
Vroomfondel

Thank you for the Yule goats this year!

So far!

Maybe I should hold off on buying more than I already have. : /

reading one of those wiki links

1987 A heavily fireproofed goat was built. It got burnt down a week before Christmas.

1998 Burnt down on 11 December, even though there was a major blizzard. Was rebuilt.

2005 Burnt by unknown vandals reportedly dressed as Santa and the gingerbread man, by shooting a flaming arrow at the goat at 21:00 on 3 December.

2011 The inauguration of the goat took place on 27 November. The fire-fighters of Gävle sprayed the goat with water to create a coating of ice in the hope of protecting it from arson.[44] The goat was burnt down in the early morning of 2 December.[45]

2013 As in 2006 and 2007, the straw used to build the goat has been soaked in anti-flammable liquid to prevent it from burning in the event of an arson attack.[48] The inauguration ceremony took place on 1 December. On 21 December the goat was burned down.[49]

LOL I CAN'T TELL IF THIS IS AMAZING OR HORRIBLE OR BOTH

Everyone has their traditions...

Some people like to burn down the Gävle Goat :)

We have these yule goats all over the house all year round,

along with their cousins the Dalahäst. 

247919.jpg

(my mom is child of swedish immigrants so these goats and the little wood horses are something we are very fond of)

Every possible shape color size material though the classic orange wood ones I love the best.

Maybe next year :D or whenever we can start putting items on tables, we can carve and paint the little wooden horses too. 

Crazy swedes, I love it!

My favorite Wurm Xmas ever.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Sadly I can not have the gift =/ 

Because I am BL I'm instantly naughty...

I guess making human meals, feeding off the mycelium, and praising Libila is a bad thing.... XD

Well, I'm a blacklighter and I got one. The message is slightly different, though:

[18:32:33] Seems that you have been a bad person this year, Palgolak. There is a gift for you beneath the tree!

I like the yule goat. Thank you Devs. Now before reading about this scandinavian tradition, first thing I tried to do was using the steel and flint on it.

After I read the wiki about all these incidents , I'm sad, because I know on which side of the events I'd be..

Just seems so natural, straw, celebrations, fireeee!

• Like 1

We have the yule goat tradition in Poland as well, although it's becoming less and less known. It's an old tradition and it was known mainly in the countryside.

Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

Two thoughts.

Does this mean we are going to be seeing goats?

And does this mean somebody has been spending way too much time playing Goat Simulator?

What a great gift this year :)

Its useless :)

Fine. Next year you get socks.

I just want to jump in and say I love the Yule goat.

My Wurm Christmas Gifts:

ChristmasGifts-Wurm_zps711404e4.png

Edited by skyefox
  • Like 2

I've been serial patting my goats... and clapping my hands and giggling like a little kid. A+ I want more yule goats.

Has anyone seen any decay? I have set one outside to see but that was just yesterday so nothing yet on it. I am guessing there should not be any decay but was just wondering since i have seemed to end up with more than i had thought i was going to buy, lol

Edited by Kegan