Sign in to follow this  
Vroomfondel

Thank you for the Yule goats this year!

Sadly I can not have the gift =/ 

Because I am BL I'm instantly naughty...

I guess making human meals, feeding off the mycelium, and praising Libila is a bad thing.... XD

Edited by takatsuki
  • Like 1

Thank you

, I was going to put it next to Dobby and Rumpelstiltskin (mine and Elias' gnomes) then I remembered that they were stolen along with our valuables. At least

now I have a dancing goat and I won't be putting it anywhere near Gävle.

These small figures are great xmas gifts! Like the Gnomes they can just be used as a display on deeds for other passersby to admire and wonder about if they were not in game (or premium) when given out. An interesting link provided by Lycanthropic provides the history behind their real life counter part that they are modeled upon.

Oh, and don't miss this reference about it:

"The group of Christmas characters would often include the Yule goat, a rowdy and sometimes scary creature demanding gifts."

Sound familiar?

A nice gift indeed, so my thanks to Rolf and Co.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

Not only did I think the gift was very clever, nicely made and a fun animation, but I also learned something today as I had never heard of a yule goat.  (I thought maybe the team had a bit too much wassail).

• Like 3

Not only did I think the gift was very clever, nicely made and a fun animation, but I also learned something today as I had never heard of a yule goat.  (I thought maybe the team had a bit too much wassail).

Totally agree with learning about the scandinavian tradition of a Yule Goat.

I also got to find out about the unlucky Gävle Goat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%A4vle_goat

• Like 3

[17:26:50] You have been a good person this year, Whykillme. Santa left a gift for you beneath the tree!

Wonder if Jimmybrashes has received anything. 

d18142b6a4.jpg

b664a83633.jpg

Lyk If u cri evry tym

Edited by Theflash
  • Like 1

Absolutely Perfect!  Thank you so much!  I named mine Teodor: Scandinavian form of latin Theodorus, meaning "gift of God".

Not saying the GM's are gods or anything, but it just seemed appropriate to the gift.   :D

How does one get the gift?

Starter Villages will all have xmas trees on them. Click it and gives option to receive the gift. They might have Santa's there too, not sure. Otherwise you need to make your own from a felled pine tree and a wood scrap in inventory. Non-premiums don't get these gifts though.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Glad most of you liked it,  if the sound gets to your nerves it should be possible to turn off under Sound settings -> Play emotes.

Cheers!

• Like 11

Glad most of you liked it,  if the sound gets to your nerves it should be possible to turn off under Sound settings -> Play emotes.

Cheers!

Edited by sunsvortex

They are certainly cute, don't get me wrong. Didn't mean to come off as sounding ungrateful. I was really excited for an actual goat though, lol. Thanks for the Wurmie Christmas gift.

What's this naughty business? Yes, I got a present. I mean Santa is a imaginary entity that "just knows" whose naughty and nice. For a business like Wurm I'd think you'd want a clear indicator for this.

Is the naughty-n-nice list based on GM warnings and forum moderator warnings?

Wurm, thank you for not giving a OP gift or a useful thing-a-ma-jig that should really be a new crafting addition.