• Spinning Wheel animation
  • Added scorpion sounds
  • Fixed compass mappings
  • Storm map with ruler lines
  • Archery tower arrows now start at the correct height
  • Updated swords
  • More LODs
  • Bridge additions and fixes

I'm guessing you will be working on revamping all amour/weapons? I am impressed with the latest art updates, if everything was as detailed as the vials of dragon blood it would be nice and sharp :)

Quick question - could you make the scorpion sounds less frequent? Sounds like I've got a budgie twittering in my ear, even though I'm sitting 50 or so tiles from my scorpion pens.

'updated swords' in what way?

*Just noticed it is 'art changelog*

I see 0 differences in the swords :P

After comparing before/after pics... bleh

Edited by Shadz

Had to search for one of the old style:

Long Sword

spfK7uM.jpg

New versions:

Short Sword

C43qQHj.jpg

Long Sword

saiSK5q.jpg

Two Handed Sword

UoEgL76.jpg

Assuming player equipment model revamps are going to be a priority now, what is happening to make sure we don't create more of the problem that is still lurking around from the 1.0 update with lag from players in local and memory leaks?

While you were uploading your screenshots, I took some time and made this:

pHVnild.png

Greatsword.

Looks like a mashup of Oakeshott types XVIIIe and XX, with the distinctive ricasso and quillons, good, reasonably sized pommel and a fuller running through the whole blade. I cannot say I like the tip though, it doesn't look very useful. Should be a bit more tapered.

I love the new model though, it's a lightyear of improvement over the old one. If it was pointier one could say it actually looks like made for fighting. Great job art team.

tR1R2mp.png

Longsword.

Looks like XIIIa. Good job, it looks great, I like the pear-shaped pommel. Nothing to add, maybe except for a fuller.

It should be wielded in two hands, but yeah.

AUR9Q29.png

Shortsword.

Well, it looks like bulkier type XIV arming sword, made for better cutting instead of hefty stabbing. I I can't say I'm impressed with this one - don't get me wrong, it's still much, much better than the old model, but it just doesn't look like you could actually hurt someone with it...

... But then again - it lacks performance in game as well, so it kinda has the point, not having a point.

If it was more tapered towards the end it would look more dangerous, now it's just cute.

I definitely like the new models, although they seem to be finished crudely, like they all were 20ql. Overall impression is very good. Keep up the sweet work, art team.

Can't wait to see dane axe or new models for mauls that aren't going to be over the top with extensive use of unnecessary, bulky material at the end :D

Edited by Arkhir

I just sailed by a few scorpions and wow. I heard their sounds. They are spot on!

These animal sounds are really going to make the game come alive on a whole new level.

Great work.

Edited by Valdor

I just sailed by a few scorpions and wow. I heard their sounds. They are spot on!

These animal sounds are really going to make the game come alive on a whole new level.

Great work.

I love the scorpion sounds too. For some reason they make me think of alien reptilian cats purring evilly.

They sound happy in a very disturbing way.

As if contemplating dinner, while talking to themselves about proper seasoning. 

So does WoA compared to what it used to do.

Woa added nothing compared to what we have now, so I don't get the point.  All that happened was woa's effectiveness was transferred over to a better standard swing timer combined with skill finishing it off.  It's actually better this way, weapons are faster now

Woa added nothing compared to what we have now, so I don't get the point.  All that happened was woa's effectiveness was transferred over to a better standard swing timer combined with skill finishing it off.  It's actually better this way, weapons are faster now

just a more favor intensive spell is needed instead of the cheaper one

more actions more fun!

The new sounds and music are very nice. I'd like to have ingame mute button or volume control though, currently I usually end up with the game muted because running more than one client and hearing sounds from all of them is not very nice. If there was an in game volume control easily accessible it would be much easier to choose which client to hear sounds from.

Torgrim - I run multiple clients too.

What I do is run sound on one and no sound on the others.

When you go to sign in select the settings section. There is a profile dropdown at bottom of the screen. Type in a new profile name (low is the name I use for this case).

Now go ahead and setup the new low profile with sound turn-ed off and possibly other things like graphic levels changed.

Now when logging in with your primary char - use the default profile. For all others use the low profile.

~Nappy