Simple, a hotkey/toggle to move faster but burn through both stamina and fatigue. No need to complicate it/open up possible balance issues with an extra skill. The only things that need affect it is body stamina and the weight of carried items.

I can't tell you how many times I have held down the shift key wanting a little extra speed.

All posts I could have bumped that I found were archived.

Edited by Othob Rithol
  • Like 6

Everybody uses horses. But +1 would help newbies and make pvp more interesting

• Like 1

+1000

Sprinting should already be in, taking more stamina and more speed and distance from higher stats.

• Like 3

This would be fun. Especially with the quick jogs to get around town.

PvE only - we finally just got rid of farwalker nonsense after countless years.

Give this to PvP, and next they will want the plate sabaton models changed to Air Jordans to more accurately reflect what's going on. 

+1 awesome suggestion. But it should burn lots of stamina. God why didnt anyone think this before ? o0 

I don't see this as farwalker No2. Farwalker was used by those that could afford it and nobody could get them. Now if you sprint to retreat, enemies can sprint too and the chance to get out of stamina makes it way more dramatic and risky. With farwalker you would not suffer anything from pressing that item. With sprinting you risk running out of stamina without making it back to safety. You run out of stamina, you are dead meat. 

An implication I can see is WL priests that can cast mass stamina getting a huge advantage over BL in combat.

Edited by Sizzle

Gone/champ + sprint? Mix with sandwiches/wine for best effect. Alternately, stay out of combat and stop moving for a second, sleep bonus optional.

Still -1

Artifact exploiting and sotg will be nerfed soon so I wouldnt considering this bad. Provided ofcurse that Rolf will stick by his announcement and fix sotg.

Heres a more thought out version:

Sprinting can be a bindable action that enables / disables a buff. When enabled the user should be able to run as if he had no weight on him aka 17 km/h max. While the effect is on, the user will usd a lot of stamina when moving and will get a seeious cr penalty.

Edited by Sizzle

If it increases speed to a fixed level it biases towards heavily equipped players. If it is instead a % increase light equipped players will also benefit and the relationship between their relative speeds would be maintained.

I'd personally like it to benefit the heavily equipped players for obvious reasons ;)

If something like this is added the speed and endurance of it should be based upon body stats so that those who have played long enough to raise theirs to higher levels than others will be rewarded for it in this manner.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

+1

Big + 1 to this it would help anyone caught near a safe gate get away from that hell scorpion (PVE or PVP) or the big bad PVP Demigod harassing a bunch of newbs. :blink:

For those who might be in the Demigod level just imagine how fun it will be seeing them scatter like a bunch of quail flushed by a bird dog ;)

Also for those requesting extra for time and skill you get more anyway because you will have more stamina to burn. :ph34r:

(hence a better chance of catching them)

Not sure where you're coming from Sizzle, but it should help lightly equipped players more than heavily equipped...

How do you expect to run faster carrying more?

Would be nice for running around deed for sure. Although I am guessing if you ran faster than max walk speed you would just bang into doors all the time as they have a delay in opening.

Artifact exploiting and sotg will be nerfed soon so I wouldnt considering this bad. Provided ofcurse that Rolf will stick by his announcement and fix sotg.

Doubt it. He said maybe, and there are still a lot of players in denial about it who don't want themselves "nerfed" and still can't see the bigger picture or the benefit of the entire PvP side of the game, not just their own kingdom.

+1

Maybe have armour effect the boost to speed given by sprinting.  Because seeing someone sprint in full plate mail would just cause too much laughter.

This would give stamina, sammies and lemonade more reasons for existing.