Sign in to follow this  
Youngsoldier

Elite: Dangerous

It's nice. I haven't gotten very far into it and I suppose it will take me even longer to become something in the game. The sound is good, the music is decent, the looks are amazing. At the moment, my first impressions, is that I have a hard time motivating myself to do more because I can't see the point yet. Get more money buy better ship, then what? Since the game revolves around being just another commander rather than letting the players become big leaders I'm personally finding it tough to visualize the end-game. Am I supposed to just fly around and collect bounties and combat bonds all game? I'm thinking it would get pretty old pretty quick then. I've heard something about being able to build the smaller stations but I haven't researched it. It feels like it's lacking some content right now to be honest.

That's like I said my first impressions of it at least. :) I enjoy the game and I'll keep playing it, they'll be releasing lots of cool stuff further on and I'm looking forward to that, especially walking and driving on planets and boarding action, but I think Star Citizen currently tempts me more at the moment.

What do you think?

• Like 1

Pretty much the same, I like it but it feels empty atm. I'm more interested in planetary landings and such which are to come.

I wish the ship building had more customization to it as well.

Edited by Youngsoldier

I guess it's just like anything that's been released lately, although depending on how you look at it, there's lots and lots to do. Just like wurm its the small goals that matter. Endgame? sandboxes don't have endgame and what you aim to achieve and how progressed that is all up to you.

You could spend all your time trading from system to system right across the galaxy and the commodities market, if you know how too, you can make a profit every jump. Is it the best way to make money, probably not but if you are an explorer this is the way to can cross the 400 billion system. I've been doing rare runs back and for and making a killing, but that wont last long for me as I want to travel to the other edge of the galaxy, which you can do. It's all about scope.

A game like Elite is a lot down the alley of the wurm player compared to the instant gratification players of many mmo's. It really depends on how you look at the game and want you want to do :)

Star Citizen, well we just don't know yet. SO far I like the Elite combat a lot better and lets face it we wont see it til after 2016 anyway.

Edited by Milosanx

well cant build stations yet what they have done with elite is got the core of the game done made that work properly and then released it so theres mining trading bounty hunting pirating and such but beyond that the rest of their idea's arent in just yet but will be added over time so in the future we will have some amazing things in that game of that im sure

I have had fun playing the markets in solo play but I am barely turning profits... maybe 150 to 200 after refueling. Once I save up 10k or so I can hopefully pick up a mining laser and refinery to really turn a profit. Still learning to play, though. Maybe 10 hours in or so. Ill eventually go multiplayer but for as long as its taking me to build up credits ( most I have earned is about 3k through selling my exploration data) I would hate to lose all of it due to a punk being a rear. Looking forward to future updates for sure.

I didn't think I would enjoy it based on my first 5 min of gameplay but for those whom may be new to the series/genre like me, just stick with it and watch a few tutorials if your get too frustrated

I bought the game too(loved the old Elite games), beginning was hard, but now I am getting the hang of it. Started with trading, but after a while I needed some change, so I bought some nice lasers on my cobra and went bountyhunting. :)

Great game.

I have had fun playing the markets in solo play but I am barely turning profits... maybe 150 to 200 after refueling. Once I save up 10k or so I can hopefully pick up a mining laser and refinery to really turn a profit. Still learning to play, though. Maybe 10 hours in or so. Ill eventually go multiplayer but for as long as its taking me to build up credits ( most I have earned is about 3k through selling my exploration data) I would hate to lose all of it due to a punk being a rear. Looking forward to future updates for sure.

I didn't think I would enjoy it based on my first 5 min of gameplay but for those whom may be new to the series/genre like me, just stick with it and watch a few tutorials if your get too frustrated

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76081

use that itl help in turning profit on the market ;) also a tip with mining until you find a really rich deposits in a sector stick to trading and exploring

what i do is i set a goal say a system 60-70 jumps away and i plot my next 5-6 jumps ahead and check via that tool above what i can sell and buy and where and how much profit i make and all that then when i found my route i do so and i explore every sector i get into and by the end of my 60-70 jumps im 20+ly away from my start and i can sell the system data and i know which systems i can mine and which ones to skip then i turn around and plot back to the nearest station that sells mining equipment(nearest to the richest ore deposit) and start mining and try and find the rarest materials as well

i turned 15k into 250k in an hour mining at 1 of those points and

at that point i had a dedicated trading ship a dedicated fighter and a dedicated miner now if just i could transfer resources from 1 of my ships to the next(not sure if i can or not) i could set up a 2nd ship next to my miner to load full of cargo and then sell off at the highest paying station in the area

my goal is to also get a really fast/long distance ship that can make 32+ly jumps at a time and explore the galaxy as the price goes up the further away the  system is

so by doing so if you fly to the center of the galaxy and then fly to sol you could net yourself 1 million although its about 32 hours of flying in a ship that can travel 12ly max at a time now at 32 that would only be 8 hours granted a lot less money due to less systems visited

what i cant wait for in elite is player owned stations/factions and more players in the same instance as imagine having you and all your friends own 2-3 stations far apart where you trade to mostly from everywhere else and your own faction and watch it grow over time as players and npcs join it hmm such good dreams :3

• Like 1

i have almost 300 hours into the game, its epic fun, can be tough at times, but due to rl issues havent played power play yet, but from what i seen its pretty fun. with in the next 2 years we will be able to roam our ships and land on planets to explore them and cities!

I've played it, overall i think it's excellent, but ther'e one major flaw.

it takes time away from wurm ..as such it gets -1

• Like 2