Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

leaving Storm to return to old pvp server?

I have been watching server population numbers and it seems they have been shifting back lately.  I'm not into PvP, but am curious if this is just an inaccurate observation, or is there some reason people are shifting back to the old servers?

If I were to guess, I would imagine people that have no hope of getting top prizes are dropping out and just waiting for the reset, to give it another crack next month?

I can see raiding on old servers getting planned for the next storm reboot...

Well as I make this post there are 8 people on elevation. That's at peak time in Europe on a Friday evening.

Well as I make this post there are 8 people on elevation. That's at peak time in Europe on a Friday evening.

Epic was slowly dying for the past like year, even before storm release it has been steadily dropping.

Rolf did nothing but release buggy content to that cluster and didn't release or bugfix any of the promised content.

I don't know of any PvP people that are playing on Challenge for the prizes. I'm sure there are, but I'm  gonna say that most long time PvPers are there for the PvP and nothing else. Also, I'm sure the stink of a group of players crapping all over the kingdom spawns like hard headed 4 yr olds had something to do with population decline so far. Certainly, the Devs will code in some control measures to eliminate that nonsense for the future maps on Challenge.

Wurmhole, I find your post title to be a bit peculiar. It seems to me that the vast majority of players on Storm have never "left" their other servers in the first place. It is more like they are only temporarily playing within the pvp Storm. Even later they can never really be "permanently" playing on the Challenge servers since everything there will be destroyed, wiped out and characters reset. The ultimate status of temporal instability.

I believe that many will be surprised to find that they are unable to tolerate this as their main source of residence within Wurm and will have some real permanent Home server elsewhere. More likely your post title should just reflect the question of how many are tiring of the Storm and playing on their main server as usual, while only diverting over to the new distraction for intervals for that purpose. New toys, ya know.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Ive sold all my freedom accounts and gear and i wont traveling back to freedom/chaos anytime soon, and I will be paying premium for next round because this server is amazing and i will never get tired of its fast pace

Edited by Thunderstruck
  • Like 1

It's also possible that with the various impalongs and other gatherings going on at the moment, many people are back on their Freedom mains for now.

• Like 2

Maybe just people cutting back on their alts/spies too. :D

If only.. more likely they'd create more spy alts.

I have been watching server population numbers and it seems they have been shifting back lately.  I'm not into PvP, but am curious if this is just an inaccurate observation, or is there some reason people are shifting back to the old servers?

challenge sucks

• Like 2

Awesome post. 10/10. Very insightful. Would read again.

Awesome review.  5/5 stars.

(sorry, just had to)

• Like 2

challenge sucks

It might suck, but its still alot better then epic or chaos ;)