Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

2014 Developer Q & A

Great information there. It's really good to get questions answered like this from the developers. Perhaps we could do them more often than once a year.

Very exciting stuff, though. Rock on!

There have been hints at the combat system being reworked, are these ongoing or planned for a single update?

The first creatures that will use these changes are the seals, trolls, brown bears and deathcrawlers.

This will go live on challenge before Christmas.

- Why not on freedom aswell ? 

- Are there plans to look at the meditation system and perceived imbalances at higher ends?

(Rolf) We can’t just nerf top players because the majority feels at a loss.

That would threaten the whole feeling of meaningful progress.

- Thank you thank you thank you. 

- With bridges being released, what is the "next big thing" for wurm?

Things like flying

- Please no, never, ever. It doesn't fit wurm i think.

- Will construction in mines ever be possible?

(Rolf) Hopefully yes.

- Yay!

- Is the implementation of 3d mines a goal?

(Rolf) Yes.

- Yay!

im still wondering why the colors on mobs were removed in the first place. removing them was just a bad a idea.its something everybody loved.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 1

Wurm Spring Fashion Week is coming! 

My sheep are sheared, my loom is polished, my leather is lyed.

I can hardly wait.

SuperStock_1848-581102.jpg

im still wondering why the colors on mobs were removed in the first place. removing them was just a bad a idea.its something everybody loved.

(not everyone, she says in a whisper)

wurm201304302310.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

As someone who has been grinding Meditation on the Path of Insanity for MONTHS, I would be highly upset if they changed it as I near 50 Meditation. :\

One thing that I just thought about was if SotG was to get nerfed, allow anyone on the Path of Insanity to change to a different path and maintain their path level on the new path.

For example: If I'm level 11 on the Path of Insanity, then let me change to Path of Power and maintain level 11 in the new path. This can be a one time thing that affects only those on the Path of Insanity.

Hope that makes sense and still hope that you don't change it because of some whiners. Those same whiners are welcome to change to it at anytime.

Please do not speak in my name dear sir, the way the colouring was done made me cringe everytime I saw the "variations". I am pleased that finally they got removed, what actually i can't understand is why did they introduce such feature in the first place.

Travel times should stay the same. Already since the days I started playing travel time has been reduced a lot on sea and on land, in my opinion some of the speeds that can be reached are actually ridiculous.

I do not understand why the implementation of Xanadu is an excuse to expect even faster methods of travel. It is actually amazing that it takes more than a day to cross trough a server so big. Why do people now want to shrink the world even further? If you do not like living on such a large map, why did you chose to play on Xanadu and not on another Freedom server?

Lot of us are more than happy with the rainbow mobs extinction. 

Lets keep it that way please.

Please bring back:

1. Colours/hues in animals, perhaps not the solid candy colours we had, but just a hint or halo of colour would be great.

2. HUGE crocs for champs crocs, perhaps also for scorps, spiders or any other champion animal.

Please introduce:

1.  Much larger versions of deer and dogs as champions on Release and Pristine

2. The ability to have more pets with higher taming skill.

5773660928_4d8e608442_b.jpg

• Like 2

I can only cringe when seeing such ugly images that prove my point yet people use them to show how awesome that feature used to be, You do not see such ridiculous things in AAA games and for a reason, else i would start questioning my visual tastes.

You do not see such ridiculous things in AAA games and for a reason, else i would start questioning my visual tastes.

Respectfully, I beg to differ for the following reasons:

1.  If your argument was true and you did not see coloured or larger mobs in other MMO's, then Wurm would be silly not to introduce it.  In any business you strive to do things that set you apart from your competition, and to at least keep up or do one better.  If no other game had coloured mobs, Wurm would be doing something nobody else is doing by introducing some nice hues and fantastical sizes.

2. However, as things stand, most MMOs have coloured mobs, and all we are requesting for Wurm is some hues which would look modern and sleek (like I mentioned, not the candy coloured mobs we had before), to keep up with everyone else, and keep the environment infused with fantasy and magic.  A Google search will yield many examples of large and coloured mobs, some examples have been given below:

Rwl3Qhk.png

Cool pictures Fairyshine but Wurm is not such a psychedelic playground as those others. I think that sort of artwork would be glaringly out of place here, as are the goofy huge champion animals of previous Wurm times, some few varieties of which still remain. Champs a bit larger would be fine to distinguish them from the normal mobs though.

=Ayes=

need more technical updates and optimization for the long term survival of the game imo and oculus support.  make it so that stuff behind the player and over hills don't render til they are in view i think that's what they do right?

Edited by rare